Remembering Tellico

Man...I've never been a camera guy. So wish I was. Id love to have some pics from the trips there with my BIL back in the "day"

I'll never forget one trip. We were both working 4-10s at the time for different companies. Packed up Wednesday night and called in sick Thursday AM and left Charlotte at 6:30A for a 4 day wheeling camping and beer fest. An epic road trip, 2 trailer tire blowouts, a hub freezing and being repaired road side (opposite side of tire blow outs) and a thrown belt on a tow rig later we finally pulled into Crawfords well after 10pm. Headed out for some night wheeling, because it seemed like a great idea given our fantastic luck. Reach guardrail to find a waggy "over" the guardrail pointed the wrong way damn near up to its rear axle on the rial . Never did really find out how it got there. Two TERRIFIED white as a ghost TN kids...couldnt have been more than 16 if that were literally trembling nearby. Warn and a logging chain (shudder young,dumb and bad decisions) saved the day and we were off again.

These pictures are from a trip in late September of 2003. I had just 'built' my Bronco at the beginning of the summer. I think this was my fourth real wheeling trip outside of power line and construction site shenanigans that I did in my high school/college days.

Bronco 1.jpg

Bronco 2.jpg

Bronco 3.jpg

Man...I've never been a camera guy. So wish I was. Id love to have some pics from the trips there with my BIL back in the "day"

I'm always the camera guy. I love taking pictures but for some reason I always get pictures of everybody else but there are none of me :confused:

So, my computer is full of pictures of other people's rides hitting the trails and a few shots of my pile parked next to them at the exit :flipoff2:

The lack of triangulation in all of these death traps!!! Thankfully there are internet forums to teach us how shitty and useless these old trucks really are.

Those were the good ol' days. We had rear steer solely from crappy rear suspension geometry. No need for those pesky hydraulic lines.

So unfortunate tellico is gone. I never got to make it there

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I was lucky enough to go twice, thanks to Mike (broncomania), both times in a Bronco, & broke both times.

We had a blast, hated like hell when it was gone....

Great pics!!

Last edited:
There are two things I will never forget about Tellico.

1. Dude in a old Range Rover with a rear roll bar, rolling on Slickrock. He didn't have a seat belt on and the truck just rolled off of him and left him laying on the rocks. It just kept going. Not hurt one bit. Of course, the trail was then littered with empty beer cans. lol
Honestly, @Jody Treadway , I think Lisa was there and she filmed it. Daniel had the tape. I'll have to try to get a hold of it.

2. Aaron Bishop, @hcore4x4 burnt the clutch out of the willy on Slickrock. I drug his ass all the way up the hillclimb afterwards with a strap hauling ass in my CJ7. Never thought we would make it. Still had stock motor mounts and noticed oil pouring out at the top. Busted the oil filter when the mount broke. Then , I think Scott that used to run High Country 4x4, had to drag us both back to camp with his CJ7. What a bitch. Killed my optima that day.

Last edited:
Watching some of these videos reminds me of how far tires have come.

Man I hate I never got to see that place. Wouldve loved to have even rode along up there. Maybe its because I was in elementary school when it happened, but, why did it close?

Back