richland rd. near blowing rock

Nope never heard of it? Is it open to the public? Can U play on the hills on either side of it on the private property??[emoji20]

image.jpg

There a quite a few write ups on it just inside of the search feature.

i will be as short as possible: many many many locals from boone go there every weekend and never had issues. the road itself is public the "side trails/roads" are peoples driveways so stay off them. from the trail, the hills that you encounter that are actually right on the trails within 50ft of left side of the trail right in front of a big mud hole is the ones everyone plays on and with much said opinions about them, they are right on the main road therefor they are available. here's my advise about Richlands/Sampson: Just Go!! but don't post about here cause everyone will tell you it's illegal. there was huge crowd from Boone High Country 4x4 center that went out weeks ago to test out $130.000 JK Build they did and that same crowd goes out there quite often. I have several customers that go out often as well...i don't go anymore cause not really a way to trailer jeep there lol. Many locals who live in the Boone/Blowing Rock area go there often and enjoy it problem free. The only issues that most will sometimes run into: some of the "local hillbilly" who live in the area who are always drinking and tearing it up out there get anal when others come and play on what they call "their turf" but you just ignore them and keep moving on if encountered. I've met a couple drunks several times in my 10years of going and 1.wasn't alone, 2.he wanted to get froggy so i just showed him my side arm and he moved on stumbling away pretty quickly. Having that said, i've been out there and hung out with many locals as well when they were playing on the hills and such without other issues. It all matters on different times what idiots you might encounter but one thing for sure, go out with several people and (i would bring some swort of protection) just to have for those crazy drunks that might wanna get froggy. I know a guy personally who lives on 3rd or 4th trail in there and he tells me same thing...don't pay them no attention for most of em are either drunk, methed up or just plain got issues and feel the need to harass folks. and lastly, don't go past any trespassing signs(the few that are there), stay off the little graveyard as some have trampled on it in the past, and just be smart and wise as to where u are and be aware of your surroundings. Sure i admit it isn't a place with the exact 100% peace of mind of safety and legality but then again are any "trails" that aren't an official Park safe...nope cause the randomest people go there and usually the locals/closest to that trail always feel the need to have rights over them. If i could bring my jeep i would but can't anymore is the only reason i stopped going. up till few months ago, i was going out bout every other weekend and its' a nice trail to play on. Have fun, be safe, be smart, and not a place to break down/get stuck so be easy on your rig to not break out there. Last comment...my wife even though little iffy, has gone with me everytime and that says a lot coming from her and she has never felt unsafe or unsecure while on the entire trail. There was a time years ago when people from here used to rally up 20 or more rigs and go out...find that crowd and surely they would happily go again. Good Luck.
(now is when the rest of the crowd will tell you it's all illegal. good luck)

i will be as short as possible: many many many locals from boone go there every weekend and never had issues. the road itself is public the "side trails/roads" are peoples driveways so stay off them. /QUOTE]

Yea that was real short.....

Holy crap, I'd hate to see one of your long posts.
Oh they are out there. In a speed reader and I don't have time to read them.

LMAO...i didn't realize how long it really was. sorry lol

Fight Club

Wait, did you say $130,000 JK?

Im gonna need to see pictures of that..

i will be as short as possible: many many many locals from boone go there every weekend and never had issues. the road itself is public the "side trails/roads" are peoples driveways so stay off them. from the trail, the hills that you encounter that are actually right on the trails within 50ft of left side of the trail right in front of a big mud hole is the ones everyone plays on and with much said opinions about them, they are right on the main road therefor they are available.

Actually a long post but is by far the best description of Patterson/Richland Road I have heard yet on this forum.

I have been going there off and on since I was in diapers...I am now 37 years old.

JB

Wait, did you say $130,000 JK?

Im gonna need to see pictures of that..

I saw it up there the other week. I was told it was $140k in aftermarket parts not including the cost of the rubicon. It wasn't getting a hemi or the brute treatment. There was some kind of 700 HP motor, tons, fancy shocks, armor, and the interior was gutted. I can't fathom those numbers for what I think will be a pavement pounder. Damn jeep only had 900 miles on it.

I'm not going to de-rail this...but do you guyss realize you are talking about $140,000?

For example I could stack 25 Hemi's in the Jeep.
Or 70 pairs of tons that are semi built. Or 15 pair of race prepped tons.

Seriously.
You cant spend $140k on a JK....

I mean a Rubi out the door is 42k tops...and you aint ripping the axles or TC out of a rubi or you wouldnt buy a rubi.
SO lets say that 25k number is real on a hemi swap...you still are under 70k. Where is the other 70 going???

I'm not going to de-rail this...but do you guyss realize you are talking about $140,000?

Seriously.

Where is the other 70 going???
Crack Cocaine genius, you obviously know nothing about off roading in a HARSH environment.
Like the mall, speed bumps make my rig unstable.

Crack Cocaine genius, you obviously know nothing about off roading in a HARSH environment.
Like the mall, speed bumps make my rig unstable.

True.
Powder and rock. Its more of a boost than NAWSE....

Seriously.

I mean a Rubi out the door is 42k tops...and you aint ripping the axles or TC out of a rubi or you wouldnt buy a rubi.
SO lets say that 25k number is real on a hemi swap...you still are under 70k. Where is the other 70 going???

If you want to just write a check, it's easy to spend $130k.
Here's one:
http://www.rubitrux.com/aev-brute-double-cab-conversion-billet.html

I mean a Rubi out the door is 42k tops...and you aint ripping the axles or TC out of a rubi or you wouldnt buy a rubi

I just played with the builder on jeeps site. $50,930 for a fully loaded Rubi Hard Rock (JKU since I think that's what they use for the double cab builds).
Ouch.

oh yeah..they build them and sell them to the public like this all the time. There's some people out there that shouldn't be allowed to have that kind of money when buying a jeep is same price as average houses and that's just to ride around looking good. but somehow he sells em all over the world. A guy from Germany bought one few months ago for $136K and it had every stupid off road gizmo done to it just for pavement princess. This one mentioned at $142 had Tons, 42s,the Heaviest of all heavy duty steering i've ever seen....hell the dam tie rod was i think 2" or 2.25" and weighed as much as a small differentianl lol.

Anyone paying 140k for a damn jeep needs a punch in the throat..... I'm saying that and I love jeeps... I mean if it was one of the original MB's that Eisenhower rode in and had his initials carved in the paint on the dash..... Different story... But a jK with "All" the bolt on accessories from Quadratec will never equal 140k....

Having money doesn't make you smart.....

His pricing is pretty crazy but people pay it all the time. We have an industry friend in Florida that does Hemi, LS, and diesel conversions in JKs' and he can't get them done fast enough. His average swap is between 25-30K. I only paid 32K for my brand new Rubicon back in 09. To spend that much paying someone to put a motor in is crazy in my book.

Right.
And even at 30k for a motor and 32k for the rubi you are still only half the reported build cost.

He'll charge what the market will bear. There's apparently plenty of folks who would rather spend their money on a hot rod JK than a new porsche. They've invested a lot into development, getting around regulations, etc. They sell a slick product that looks factory built. Compare their prices with Icon and they're obviously shooting for a similar market. I'm not in that market! I can't afford an XJ right now, and probably won't ever touch a RubiTruck. I'm ok with that. And I'm damn glad that people are buying his stuff. Good to see locals succeed.

Back