richland rd. near blowing rock

[QUOTE="John Fuller, post: 1360638, member: 22547"?...i don't go anymore cause not really a way to trailer jeep there lol. Many . good luck)[/QUOTE]

Wow! So what made it a trailer queen? ? The cut tires? Or the total domination of the Flats??:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

Right.
And even at 30k for a motor and 32k for the rubi you are still only half the reported build cost.

You're forgetting the "kit" to turn it into a 4door truck is 40k
Read the fine print at the bottom.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434409772.256995.jpg

[QUOTE="John Fuller, post: 1360638, member: 22547"?...i don't go anymore cause not really a way to trailer jeep there lol. Many . good luck)

Wow! So what made it a trailer queen? ? The cut tires? Or the total domination of the Flats??:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:[/QUOTE]
ha ha ha. i never spent much time trying to make it very road worthy, plus the cut tires, plus i wanted to trailer this jeep anywhere i go since that's been a dream come true after 15years of driving to and from the trials but now enjoy peace of mind to get home safely.

A friend has a AEV 2014 Brute. Started as a JK with all the options and he doesn't have a 100k in it and it has a hemi in it. AEV didn't do the hemi swap though, and if they did, I could see it being the low 100s. I think the hemi swap adds like 25k or something stupid.

Guess I'm old school and would rather build my own... That and when it's said and done I'll have saved 135,000 ....
this is how i feel...i have a cheap ass 1200 XJ welded front and rear on some nobby ass tires that could probably keep up with one of those fancy shmancy JKs on most trails and that's what the sad part is...140K to have something that a 2-3K rig can do is pretty sad if you ask me but to each their own i guess....for pavement princesses!!lol

For you guys hating on people buying a $130k package truck...

... so what? Is this really just jealousy that somebody else has that kind of disposable income? o_O
I really don't see what the big deal is. If they've got the cash to spend, unless they are somehow doing it on my dollar then I don't see how/why I should care, and more power to 'em. There are people out there who have busted their asses in some way or other and have a lot of disposable income. Good for them. If their time is worth more to them than the effort of building it themselves, and they wanna write a check to somebody else to do it... fine by me. People have different priorities in life. some people don't wanna spend the time and effort to scrounge up parts and mix and match things and do their own engineering, they're rather spend that time doing something else (and that something else might be the way they pay for the truck!
And meanwhile, they are spending money that is giving jobs to other folks, giving some fabricators work to do, and helping spread their business around. Good for them!
It's not how I would spend $130k right now, but I'm not sitting on a pile of cash. Honestly if I were, I'd seriously consider it.

/rant

^^^ I def agree dude. If i had 30K laying around, dam right i'd give my jeep to someone and list of stuff and say build it. Pick it up month later and done. I love working on them and building it myself/tinkering and what not but it does get frustrating a lot(maybe cause i'm a one man team!!) and then i could fish on my free time more often lol.

this is how i feel...i have a cheap ass 1200 XJ welded front and rear on some nobby ass tires that could probably keep up with one of those fancy shmancy JKs on most trails and that's what the sad part is...140K to have something that a 2-3K rig can do is pretty sad if you ask me but to each their own i guess....for pavement princesses!!lol

FB_IMG_1426175699993.jpg
FB_IMG_1426175709936.jpg

If your jeep will "keep up" with a $140k built rig, it only be because 90% of the parts that fell off your rig are now in his back seat!!:shaking::flipoff2:

For you guys hating on people buying a $130k package truck...

... so what? Is this really just jealousy that somebody else has that kind of disposable income? o_O
I really don't see what the big deal is. If they've got the cash to spend, unless they are somehow doing it on my dollar then I don't see how/why I should care, and more power to 'em. There are people out there who have busted their asses in some way or other and have a lot of disposable income. Good for them. If their time is worth more to them than the effort of building it themselves, and they wanna write a check to somebody else to do it... fine by me. People have different priorities in life. some people don't wanna spend the time and effort to scrounge up parts and mix and match things and do their own engineering, they're rather spend that time doing something else (and that something else might be the way they pay for the truck!
And meanwhile, they are spending money that is giving jobs to other folks, giving some fabricators work to do, and helping spread their business around. Good for them!
It's not how I would spend $130k right now, but I'm not sitting on a pile of cash. Honestly if I were, I'd seriously consider it.

/rant

Well I guess I should clairfy my point.
I dont mind folks spending whatever the hell they want.
I thought we simply had some people spewing BS...I didnt realize people were actually throwing 140k down on a jeep. I thought someone was just mistaken or had mis-typed. I was trying to point out how you couldnt get to 140k on a jeep.
Turns out the number may actually be right.
If so, thats funny as hell.

Play on, playa.

View attachment 189728 View attachment 189729
If your jeep will "keep up" with a $140k built rig, it only be because 90% of the parts that fell off your rig are now in his back seat!!:shaking::flipoff2:
I have seen more than one POS Cherokee (@Dylan W. @toytodestroy) show up a much more expensive rig. The wife's XJ is a $1500 beater that has shown up more than 1 Rubicon, and what can we say about the "No Budget" ECORS TONY STEWART WANA BE? Some were driver, some were the fact of I have no problem destroying $1500 and the other guy was to tight to destroy $60k.

If I ever hit the lotto, I'm going to destroy a brand new Challenger Hellcat in front of my wife just because I can.

Plus, I think it's fair to say a 1500 dollar rig on 33's will not go were this will!! Just saying
db_Steve_Lambert_2011_Rock_Crawler1.jpg

Well I guess I should clairfy my point.
I dont mind folks spending whatever the hell they want.
I thought we simply had some people spewing BS...I didnt realize people were actually throwing 140k down on a jeep. I thought someone was just mistaken or had mis-typed. I was trying to point out how you couldnt get to 140k on a jeep.
Turns out the number may actually be right.
If so, thats funny as hell.

Play on, playa.

There are several vehicles at high country 4x4 with stickers between 80-100K. Again, as i mentioned above, I can't fathom spending that kind of money on what the final product is but to each his own.

Only reason i have any clue about this is I chose to avoid wasting time shopping with the wife and headed over there to see what the fuss was about.

One of the partners (of the website i was told) mentioned that pretty much all of their business is outside of a 300 mile radius from Boone so i imagine very few of us will see the pavement pounders in their natural habitat. Again, take this with a grain of salt as the gentlemen i talked to was driving a $30K XJ that could have been bought and built for under $10K or less based on what i saw.

I'm not even sure what this thread is about anymore so... I can add up receipts that tally up to about $22k in parts to build my current rig. That's junkyard parts, new parts, fluids, tube bender, welding wire and cutoff blades etc and not including time value. It took me 3 years of labor to put together what I drive and if I had taken my business to a pro builder, who knows, this end product could have cost me $60+k. Not taking anything away from professional rig builders one bit. I wouldn't do it again and could never bring myself to ask of anyone to go through what I did to build my rig. This s**t is not cheap!

Plus, I think it's fair to say a 1500 dollar rig on 33's will not go were this will!! Just saying
View attachment 189753
I'd venture that the $1500 rig on 33's would go through a DOT/DMV inspection station or a drive through car wash much better than that sweet buggy :flipoff2:

View attachment 189753
that's a really dumbass saying dude...no shit shirlock. anyone with any kind of sense would know that. that's about the dumbest post i've seen comparing some cheap xj build to some killer expensive monstrous buggy built to handle the most extreme terrains....yeah you're a real bright one

That Smokey and the Bandit stuff is funny!

Anyone remember the $30XJ, that was auctioned off on this website years back? Maybe it wasnt $30. I was behind him on the waterfall trail at Callalante one time. Dude got out stacked like two rocks, got back in and drove right up it first shot,hardly spinning a tire. I dont think he was the guy who won it though.

That Smokey and the Bandit stuff is funny!

Anyone remember the $30XJ, that was auctioned off on this website years back? Maybe it wasnt $30. I was behind him on the waterfall trail at Callalante one time. Dude got out stacked like two rocks, got back in and drove right up it first shot,hardly spinning a tire. I dont think he was the guy who won it though.

It was $30, I won it, 1 ticket. Thanks to @Dylan W.
That was the guy that bought it from me when I had to ditch town.

Build up: 2" spacer lift, welded rear, angle iron front bumper, beat out fenders to fit 32s. And whole lot of "don't give a f$ck".

... I still regret selling that thing. Damn women and their logic, "We can't move 4 cars to a rental house". Humbug.

talked to was driving a $30K XJ that could have been bought and built for under $10K or less based on what i saw.
you talking about that fancy yellow one with all kinds of gizmos...yeah that guy brags about that thing like it's the baddest of the baddest..talkin about allow D30 shafts, alloy 8.25 shafts...blah blah blah. I told him i'd put up pink slips that my XJ would go farther than his on any trail but he was too proud of his pretty little jeep to even fathom that challenge but to this day, still seems to think his 30k xj would out do mine. i laugh till this day. It's a PHAT MALL CRAWLER/sweet looking Jeep XJ but for the money he brags about it, it ain't seen no trails yet.

OK, I need to say this.....WHO THE FUCK CARES WHO'S RIG IS MORE BADASS THAN SOMEONE ELSES?

Mall crawler, beater, high dollar rig, we are all in the same fucking hobby. Sure some asshats are proud of their rigs but whatever, it is part of the hobby. Just like the street guys. Many years back when my Trans Am was actually still on the road I used to take it to shows all the time. Many times some idiot would come up and talk about how badass his beater 305 Camaro was and how fast it was and whatever. You know what I did not do? Come on a forum and talk about how fucking stupid he was because my Trans Am was so much nicer than his. I did sit down, have a beer with them, talk cars with him, even humor him on the forums when he talked about his car. At the end of the day we are all still wheelers.

If someone is being a arrogant idiot, we pretty much all know it, you don't have to point it out CONSTANTLY so it just makes you look like an arrogant idiot too. I have people come by my shop all the time with all kinds of rigs, from badass well built Jeeps to crazy scary horrible rigs. I don't laugh at the ones who hacked together a rig, but will sit back and talk to them about it, maybe point out some of the unsafe stuff if I think it would help them. I would never ever go out of my way to make someone look like an idiot.

This thread is stupid.

I want the time back I wasted skimming the posts.

Back