Rig tie down ?s

You can call and get any combo ends ands hooks also. I've talked to him at Charlotte about doing custom combos for you.
Yep I have the large single wire end on the strap that can hook into factory tie down points and on the ratchet end I have an 18" chain and hook, which works awesome on trailers with stake pockets.

that sounds like the cat that used to visit the nascar shops. yes, he has everything!

Oh, so that's how your supposed to use those snap type ends with stake pockets on your trailer. And here I went and wasted money on chain extensions. I could have just snagged the end of the pocket. :shaking:

The photo demonstrating chain and binders is nearly as bad.

That article is... uh...
:eek:

Yeah, I remember reading that in print and was appalled.

To the OP, whatever you decide switch your straps to closed-end snap hooks. Those open ended hooks can fall off the attachments points if for whatever reason a strap comes loose. It happened to me on a trip to Harlan many years ago, I had the rear of the truck strapped with those and it bounced hard enough to come loose. I switched to snap hooks and have never had an issue again.

So, are the 2" straps rated at 5000 pounds load capacity and 1666 pounds WLL (Working Load Limit) enough, assuming 1 at each corner (total of 4) is used?

Back