Rock Racing

I'm not running it...I'm helping design the course. Everything will be "doable" just a matter of how fast you want to do it. This should be fun.

when you say "doable" for what type rig??

yours or everyone else :)

seriously what size tire and level diffuculty on the obsticles are you building it??

I love watching people break there stuff. It'll be that much better at speed. I can hear the rev limiters now. :driver:

I love watching people break there stuff. It'll be that much better at speed. I can hear the rev limiters now. :driver:

Silly Rabbit, rev limiters are fer wimps....

when you say "doable" for what type rig??
yours or everyone else :)
seriously what size tire and level diffuculty on the obsticles are you building it??

Doable for those who are not scared. There have been rigs at the playground on smaller tires with full bodies that have made most of the obsticals.

We will leave out the hardest lines or offer them as a bonus/shortcut.

The course will be farily wide open so drivers can pick a line over an obstical and don't have to take the hardest line. Most stuff there has an easy way, and a hard way. Might even bring in the track hoe for "improvements"

Do you really want us to make it easy????? What fun would that be to watch???? Maybe we can just have it at ure.

Now who wants to enter?????????????

Now you're talking. Can we have a towrig class if you hold it at URE?

Dont' wheel the tow rig... trust me on this :lol:

Doable for those who are not scared. There have been rigs at the playground on smaller tires with full bodies that have made most of the obsticals.
We will leave out the hardest lines or offer them as a bonus/shortcut.
The course will be farily wide open so drivers can pick a line over an obstical and don't have to take the hardest line. Most stuff there has an easy way, and a hard way. Might even bring in the track hoe for "improvements"
Do you really want us to make it easy????? What fun would that be to watch???? Maybe we can just have it at ure.
Now who wants to enter?????????????

hmmm this sounds interesting

Doable meaning we can take a locked rig on 33's through everything, it's just a matter of how fast you want to go. The course will be wide so you can take a variety of lines through the obstacles. I can tell you from watching and competing in rock races that the fastest ones aren't always the winners. It's sorta like driving a car on a road course, sometimes you have to slow down to be quicker and staying on course is the key. There will be a 2 or 3 minute penalty for crossing the threshold of the course tape, so making it without penalty is important. We also discussed having optional lines that would be short cuts throught the course, make them and be rewarded, screw them up an you'll be losing time. This will not be a buggy only type course, so don't be scared of bringing your full bodied rig. When we set the course up we will have a locked rig on 33's to do all the testing. ( we just got to find somebody who has one when we set it up).

When we set the course up we will have a locked rig on 33's to do all the testing. ( we just got to find somebody who has one when we set it up).

Let me know, I can bring mine out to do the testing. Herbie is all fixed up from the last thrashing out there. I am not locked in the front but it can be with a little help from the mig. let me know....

Well, I was but my tranny started slipping on me in the Z71 the other day so it depends on if I have to get the tranny in it rebuilt/swap in a new one, cause if so then my project funds will be no more :(

Don't know why it would be slipping... I thought Chevy 1500's were made to pull fullsize rigs around? Just had to say it :D

I will definetly be at the DPG for this event. I am sure a few friends will show up as well and possibly enter. I plan to enter. Might even try to borrow some 35's from someone and possible compete in both classes.

What is the 'prize' for the winner, or is it just a portion of the money raised. What is the rest of the money going to? Charity or DPG owner fund?

Are we there yet?

Not that far along yet. Probably be some $$$ at least for 1st.

Don't get to hyped up on running both classes. Looking to have best time for two runs per vehicle. Most likely will limit the total entries to between 30 and 40 rigs.

so how are we going to cover the whole course? time each section and add it all up, or just a straight shot all the way through, i dont want to run after the rigs. sounds like a fun time, i will be there watching the people watching the guys take pictures.

so how are we going to cover the whole course? time each section and add it all up, or just a straight shot all the way through, i dont want to run after the rigs. sounds like a fun time, i will be there watching the people watching the guys take pictures.

It would be cool to have the course over the whole area. But you would need a judge at each spot to keep them from having to run behind the rigs. Let it be more of a 'freestyle' from section to section. As in, have a set path, but no score deductions if you happen to go off the path a little, so a judge does not have to witness every foot.

Doing it this way would add ALOT of time, and SPEED to the course, because you would have to basically haul @$$ from section to section.

Only thing is it could possibly be more dangerous, especially for people walking through the woods, which is where common sense SHOULD come into play, but that doesn't always happen.

IF more judges are needed, I will volunteer to be one. Just let me know.
I do think hitting a cone or marker tape will have to be factored in. It may be what will separate the winner from the first looser

We won't be running through the woods, we'll have enough people to judge if the rig breaks the plane of the course marking tape. We aren't going to over complicate and analize this to death, we'll do our best and see how it goes. We will have to spend a lot of time deciding where people can and can't watch from.

And don't bother spreading it to thin to include everybody in. You'll end up beating it till its no fun. Run the big dogs, keep it simple, and if there's room to spread out in rig size or course size/rules later so be it. I just wanna see some of the mods that'll be done to take on the course better.:beer:

Back