RV conversion stuff

Yay!Gurrr

Better Faster Stronger
Found this cool web site while researching my new project..

The site is for school bus RV conversions covers a lot of cool topics many usefull for general camping etc..
http://www.skoolie.net

Truck Conversion Website, maily larger class7/8 big trucks but lots of good info...
http://truckhome.com/eve/ubb.x

stone - there are even a few bluebirds in there... hows yours working out?

Ok found large document on the NCDOT site clearly listing out what i need to do to get a "House Car" designation... Actually seems slightly easier than some other state guidelines i read previously...
entire document link here http://www.ncdot.org/dmv/vehicle_services/registrationtitling/titlemanual/download/NCTitleManual.pdf
section snipet here...

HC House Car - Self propelled vehicles equipped with permanent living and sleeping facilities and used for camping
activities classified as private passenger vehicles. The body style of these vehicles will be designated as house cars.
A house car must provide at least 4 of the following facilities:
1. Cooking
2. Refrigeration or ice box
3. Self contained toilet
4. Heating or Air conditioning
5. Portable water supply system including a faucet and sink
6. Separate 110-125 volt electrical power supply or an LP gas supply

A conversion of a bus or truck to living and sleeping facilities and used for camping requires the certificate of title
to be surrendered for correction of the body style.

Vehicles of this class that are not permanently converted to living or sleeping facilities are classified as property
carrying vehicles and the license fee is assessed on the basis of gross weight. * Need length of motor home

awww.cmongethappy.com_images_bus2000.jpg

Yag, we all know the bus is legal, put the hitch on it and lets ride !!!

C'mon get Happy !!!

:flipoff2:

while ive paid a deposit on it, its not in my driveway yet.. Were still waiting on the DMV to get the PO his title. He basically drove it illegal from Cali. :)
but here is a pic of a similer truck and somewhat how mine will endup.... Assuming the deal completes smoothly...

my plans call for a walled off camper section and some various different ammenities..

Truck is actually a cool truck. Its a S1600 International Truck, 4wheel disks, full rear air ride suspension with rear dump valve to lower back end.
7.3 NA motor w/ 5speed spicer (no OD).. This guy is doing a buildup on PBB and really helped me sell the wife on the idea... She likes it and is lookng forward to us getting it going.. (unlike some of the other hair brain ideas ive come up with..) oh ya its got A/C up front too :)

It will tow like a slug and tops out about 65. Mines got a reman motor ~5-6k ago, new clutch and various new parts before U-haul sold it to the guy i got it from.. Plus full maintenace logbook..

Note: Again this is not my truck and not my jeep, only showing the truck im getting.... and to show how ill be transporting my jeep.. Inside is ~7'7" and easily slide throught the door way etc...

ive got tons of ideas in my head for various things, fold down work tables in the back, spots for tools, parts... etc..

anyway.. once i 'actualy' get it ill start my build up thread...

this guys build up on pbb...
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=480067

Attachments

• 100_3226.jpg
    100_3226.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 440
  • 100_2758.jpg
    100_2758.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 423
also look at www.truckconversion.net they have a MDT forum (6's), but mostly oriented towards toterhomes.

Take to to knowledgeable Diesel tech (unless you are one) :) The uhauls are detuned, you can wake it up to at least stock specs and it'll turn better.

Ya thats the same site :) Someone else was saying that about those trucks... Im sure when i get it ill be looking for a little extra power, but at the same time, id be looking to keep (or gain) any possible MPG..

While i can turn a wrench im the first to admit i know little about diesels work... So any good diesel techs out there want to help pep the truck up when i get it?

Back