"Save the Gulches Ride" Feb 18-21 (Presidents Day)

I was at Gulches this weekend and had an absolute blast. I've been going there for the last 4 years and must say it gets better every time. The owner Skip is a great guy and needs some support from us wheelers. I plan on being there with my group, a lot of full width axled XJ's (including mine) and plenty of buggies. For those who haven't been there before, it's awesome! Trust me. Easy trails for stock rigs and trails hard enough to give any built rig absolute hell!!!!

Triad Trail Junkies are planning to be in attendance as well..dunno if il drive for this one but i plan to be there. never been before but if its as awesome as every one says then i cant wait!

Would be nice riding at Gulches this week! I hear you guys got alot of snow there!

I love to wheel in the snow!

If you haven't been down to Gulches before you should make plans to do so. They have trails that vary anything from stock to highly modified rigs can have a GREAT Time. Hill climbs near the river are INTENSE and very easy for stock vehicles to get to, so watching or riding atvs, there is something for everyone. They are planning on having someone cook hot food for lunch, which has been very good food each time I have been down.

Basicly this is a Great place to ride. If you don't have any plans that weekend then you don't have any excuses not to be there. We need to come together and help Skip keep this place going!!

Look at the home page on here and read our article. Big Dixie Boggers @ Gulches!

Sums up what you said Bluescout....

You can take your tow rig and go anywhere you want to. I have even seen a couple of front wheel drive cars on the main trail during comps.

I am really looking forward to this ride!!!

Im looking forward to this event live about 30 mins from there. Love going there, gulches is the reason i got into this. Id hate to see it shut down

Thanks to Chad, Mike, and Paul, I am 1 step closer to being ready to go. I am thinking 3D should be a good spot to bomb test that front axle.

Thanks to Chad, Mike, and Paul, I am 1 step closer to being ready to go. I am thinking 3D should be a good spot to bomb test that front axle.

Good to hear man... I'll have to come by and check it out... You all geared and locked now?

You damn right. :beer:

You could also test it on Radical Ravine, I have taken my XJ up it twice. Broke the front driver side axle the second time. But then again I like to pinball the side of the XJ off of one of the trees.:rolleyes:

Add me to the list as well as getstucksome. I'm not sure which days we'll be down, but we'll be there.

The last time I went to watch you guys, I broke my wrist. I'm taking the rancher this time. She's a little safer.:poop:

I have a question for those that have been before. How many vehicles is to much for one weekend at the park? It seem this weekend is going to be HUGE. There is a facebook event page for this weekend of 19th that has 79 people attending with 45 maybes and some responses are say they have multiple rigs in their group.

Do you guys think we should spread this over other weekends?

I have a question for those that have been before. How many vehicles is to much for one weekend at the park? It seem this weekend is going to be HUGE. There is a facebook event page for this weekend of 19th that has 79 people attending with 45 maybes and some responses are say they have multiple rigs in their group.
Do you guys think we should spread this over other weekends?
kind of what I was wondering also.

There will be plenty of room to ride. Tons of trails have multiple line through them. They put on a heck of a show down there. This will be one not to miss.

Back