"Save the Gulches Ride" Feb 18-21 (Presidents Day)

Well, I know I started this thread but it looks like I and my family will not be making the trip. My wife has to go in for the "next" "final" surgery she should have to have.

Y'all have fun.

Food for the Ride

FOOD WONDERFUL FOOD We have a fellow off roader who is going to cater this event which relieves me of that headache. As you may know we have been told we can no longer cook out anymore. Which has led us to microwave food. Well, as you can guess 2 microwaves are not going to feed a couple of hundred folks on the 19th.

Ronnie Nash, who owns a small restaurant locally and is know for his fabulous BBQ, has agreed to set up near the office and offer his bill of fare at very reasonable rates. I understand along with BBQ,hot dogs, potato salad and baked beans are on the menu. I ask that you support him as you do Gulches for his monumental effort taking this headache away from me. One less thing I have to plan and an expense I don't have to bear.

Hurray for Ronnie

Dhec shut me down not a restaurant kitchen, can only do pre-packaged foods hence the micros. Don't want to spend 10,000 for cooking 2 hours a week. they were nice and I want to obey there rules. Working on Ronnie to do food on Sat. and events

Thanks, still trying to figure out a way for me to make it happen, sans family, but it's not looking good.
Hope all goes well! Been down that road, take care of your wife. There will be other Gulches rides.
Thanks for helping to get this ride going!
Will be praying for you guys!!!!

1 more week. Place is going to be packed hopefully. I have seen this event get some decent response in every forum I visit. Can't wait to see everybody there.

Will a stock LJ make it out there? I dont wanna go if I'm going to have to get pulled thru the trails.. Ha. I hope my metalcloak will be in, but I won't have wheels or tires by then.. :/

Is this place mostely rock or dirt? I don't really want to go and end up shredding my new tires on some rocks :confused:

Tim your jeep would be fine at Gulches, its mostly trails and some rock, if it rains the trails get muddy and get a little wild.

combo of dirt and rock. You should be fine with your tires. You can look ahead and pick the line you want to stay off any sharp rocks

Like I said, the wife does it on 205/75 street tires. There are some sand hills to play on, some easy trails to ride around on and a few easy hill climbs. There are also a few places maybe only one or two vehicles will go through all day

Quick Question, its a stupid one but its important.

You said unable to cook out, I assume that just applies to you, I figured we would be grilling out a little at camp in the evening, is that still alright or should I plan to bring cold cuts?

Also, looks like our group will only have 1 rig present, maybe 2... Whats the groups look like for riding, we would like to find a group who knows the trails and in similar sized/capable rigs to run with if possible. YJ on 36's, locked/locked.

You said unable to cook out, I assume that just applies to you, I figured we would be grilling out a little at camp in the evening, is that still alright or should I plan to bring cold cuts?

Also, looks like our group will only have 1 rig present, maybe 2... Whats the groups look like for riding, we would like to find a group who knows the trails and in similar sized/capable rigs to run with if possible. YJ on 36's, locked/locked.

if it all works out i will be coming with Cltdba and will be his co-pilot. we are staying and riding with BDB. your welcome to tag along.

Sounds good, whats the camping situation like? I know 50 for the weekend includes camping, but as many people as are supposed to be there, where are we supposed to camp? We should be arriving saturday, hard to say what time.

If anyone wants to pitch a tent on my site, that will give me some company. My group of atv riders won't be there. I guess I'll be running solo. Plan to catch lots of video. I have site 3 by the river reserved.

Of course you can grill out.
Just can't sell it the public without a permit.
And periodic inpections, and some bureaucractic bullshit like that.

If anyone wants to pitch a tent on my site, that will give me some company. My group of atv riders won't be there. I guess I'll be running solo. Plan to catch lots of video. I have site 3 by the river reserved.

Padkisson621 (I think that's the correct username) and I might take you up on that. It'd just be one tent and I will be getting there late Friday.

v Gotcha, I'll get in touch with skip to set something up. Thanks!

I've only got is reserved for Saturday night. I'll be getting there early Saturday and leaving Sunday afternoon.

I've only got is reserved for Saturday night. I'll be getting there early Saturday and leaving Sunday afternoon.

Well if you don't mind, we might take you up on that also, hoping we can find a camping spot but the way this trip sounds, it will be hard.

Never been to gulches so this will be a good trip though, even if it is a parking lot.

Camping in the parking lot is ok. Trust me.

Back