"Save the Gulches Ride" Feb 18-21 (Presidents Day)

Made it there and back in one day! Had fun lets see some pictures you guys!

Big thanks to everyone who showed up. Let's try to keep the traffic up so this place is here to stay.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using tapatalk

Coming from someone who is local to laurens and played traffic cop at the park today THANK YOU ALL for coming out.

Thank you guys for a great event. And i cant believe it didnt break a running board but i didn't do anything to crazy. Realized a durango doesn't turn good enough for someof the trails.

prez_gulches.jpg

This is after i got stuck. Stock height 2000 durango with 31 mt and high centered down near trail 28.

Did a little mud footing

Million miles, 71chevytruckguy and myself were the guys who pulled you out today.

Ghost, tried to flag ya down but our group was movin and you were headin the other way.

Wheeled with a lot of different folks today, actually nightwheeling as I type this, pretty insane trails, the best place we have wheeled. Attendance was insane today, I just talked to a guy who said 500 vehicles today.

Been an absolutely great trip, we snapped an axle shaft early on trying to follow CLTDBA on heartbreaker I believe? Got it fixxed in good time thanks to the florida crew that loaned us a floor jack, a great place for any group.looking for a fun trip, definately not boring any trail you pick.

Million miles, 71chevytruckguy and myself were the guys who pulled you out today.

Ghost, tried to flag ya down but our group was movin and you were headin the other way.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU GUYS FOR PULLING ME OUT. did you mess anything up pulling me out.

yea my niece and her friend was like thats 4 wheeling and my wife was freaking(well nerves a little shot) so i wanted to get her back up top and some lunch

The place was packed today! But I didn't think the trail traffic was too bad. The staff did a good job of keeping rigs moving and avoiding any major jams. Today was also my fist trip wheeling with the Trail Jammers. I broke the rear 3-link balljoint on shipwreck which also took out the rear driveshaft u-joint. While trying to get off the trail also broke the passenger side inner axle shaft. We swapped in a spare a-arm joint and a stub shaft and wheeled the rest of the day with 3-wheel drive. Great day for a great cause. Thanks to Chris, Abe, mudder and rest of the guys that helped me get outta shipwreck after the carnage...i didn't get a chance to say thanks.

Speaking of Trail Jammers Carnage, Mike on trail..... ok I have no idea.

We appreciate all the effort it took to get everyone in and out of there. Thanks for putting on a great event:)

That is the bottom of trail 17, what most of us call the rock garden. Alot of the trails are what I call ninja trials because they sneak up on you and get you. I have been through some of the trails and had no problem at all and turned around and the next time had to winch all the way.

I had a great time, and was really impressed with the turnout. This was my first time to Gulches but it definitely won't be my last. It's an awesome park and Skip and the rest of the staff were some of the nicest and most helpful people I've met. Kudos to everyone that made it out to help keep this place open.

Minor carnage late in the day at "skinny pedal ridge", but all in all we had a blast. Thanks everyone from out of town who came in to support the place. We are lucky to have the park in our backyard and it wouldn't hit home how much we would miss it till it was gone I am sure.

Ok only took a few of my buddy mostly while his sammy was playing dead or about to play dead!

ai16.photobucket.com_albums_b25_xjghost_Gulches_202_2019_2011_Gulches001.jpg

ai16.photobucket.com_albums_b25_xjghost_Gulches_202_2019_2011_Gulches002.jpg

ai16.photobucket.com_albums_b25_xjghost_Gulches_202_2019_2011_Gulches003.jpg

ai16.photobucket.com_albums_b25_xjghost_Gulches_202_2019_2011_Gulches004.jpg

ai16.photobucket.com_albums_b25_xjghost_Gulches_202_2019_2011_Gulches005.jpg

ai16.photobucket.com_albums_b25_xjghost_Gulches_202_2019_2011_Gulches008.jpg

I also got some great pictures of you while stuck and being pulled out. Just let me know if you want to see them.

I want to find the guy with all the cameras that stuck the video camera on my hood right before I went up shipwreck.

Had a large time. Lots of riding, lots of action!:driver:lots of broke parts!

Thanks to Skip for puttin on a great event. With such a huge crowd, it was a very well run event. Cant wait to get back there this Summer:bounce2:

And thanks to whoever the Vendor was that supplied the Winch Bag, I won!! Very nice!

My big Oww-ie!

Attachments

• Photo073.jpg
    Photo073.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 642
I wanted to go so badly but I don't think the Jetta would have done me much good. I really need to get a rig soon so I can come down & go wheeling.

@million miles, nah man our breakage occured while wheeling.

Today we cut a sidewall real bad and thanks to cltdba/jweezyferg and the bogger crew got the jeep goin again in no time. Well definately be back, one of the best wheeling trips we've had, good folks, good wheelin, good weather (during the day atleast). Can't ask for much more.

Thanks to anyone who helped us or rode with us over the weekend, too many names to list.

Good time there as always. Enjoyed meeting some new people. Last night camping was the bomb. Perfect weather all throughout the day and night time was good and cool. Got lucky and didn't break anything on mine but came close. :fuck-you:
Looking forward to seeing everyone up there again soon.

had a great time sat. thanks to skip and crew for the great wheelin and good food. cant wait to go back this summer.

Back