School bus conversion/crawler hauler

Have you gotten to drive it since fixing the fuel/boost leak?

I drove it around the block after I fixed it an it runs a whole lot better now. pulled the hill by my shop from a dead stop with ease were as before it struggled to get up to speed. I have no doubt now that it will pull my crawler with ease just have to watch the tranny temp on long grades an gear down but it makes plenty of power now

Walls are finished still gotta do some trim work at the top an around the windows an got the light strip up an wired I'm really happy with the way it turned out def worth the extra work
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Why run the back wall horizontal? It looks great.

That's freaking sweet! I kinda like the back part being horizontal, it gives it the look of a wooden shack, which is a good thing in this case!

The boards were twelve foot tall so I got two vertical panels per board an the ones I ran horizontal on the back was the scrap left over an just so happen to be the exact size to run up the back that way an saved me some coin :rockon:

Last edited:
Looking forward to checking this thing out. I'd have to make that bus haul ass before I could stand to drive it but you're doing a helluva job on it:beer:

Looking forward to checking this thing out. I'd have to make that bus haul ass before I could stand to drive it but you're doing a helluva job on it:beer:
Thanks man it would run 71-72mph on flat an slight incline at 2700rpm before I changed the leaky lift pump an had a massive boost leak I found while changing it. Should pull hills much better now that there fixed we'll see how it does. Dmv inspector coming out tomorrow to do the inspection so it will be titled as a rv an I can drive it legally. I'll make a test run with it next week to make sure everything is good to go:driver:

I am deff gonna come take a look at this thing at Dixie. We (hickory/bdb/rock corp crowd) typically camp down near the dirt track/pond for Dixie.
Yea come check it out maybe by next Dixie it will be finished lol. This will be our first trip up to the Dixie run can't wait to get there

Got it tagged an insured finally drove it around a bit yesterday an ran like a top minus a oil leak that I've narrowed down to the hpop which I will reseal when I get back from tn. Only thing really left to do now is tranny temp gauge then hook up the trailer load the crawler an do another test drive just to make sure all is good. Oh an I got the driver seat in an wired up it came out of a Chevy in my junk car pile turned out nice
image.jpg

Got it tagged an insured finally drove it around a bit yesterday an ran like a top minus a oil leak that I've narrowed down to the hpop which I will reseal when I get back from tn. Only thing really left to do now is tranny temp gauge then hook up the trailer load the crawler an do another test drive just to make sure all is good. Oh an I got the driver seat in an wired up it came out of a Chevy in my junk car pile turned out niceView attachment 196702
Carry the stuff with you to do the seal just in case! Looks great

Carry the stuff with you to do the seal just in case! Looks great
I ordered the parts the other day suppose to be here at the end of the week so they will be along for the ride Hopefully she holds out its not leaking to bad but ur right better to be safe!!!

Trans temp gauge installed an a messed up boost gauge beside it just to fill the hole till I get a pyro. Drove it up 40 to morganton last night an did great only thing left I have to get done before Thursday is wire it for trailer lights an change some bulbs in the cluster
image.jpg

Trailer lights wired an bulbs fixed in dash also the hpop kit showed up today so I'm finally ready I think. When's everybody heading out to tn?

Been a while since the last update but finally got started back on the build. I've pulled to golden mt an the flats a few times an had a blast with this bus. I installed a ts 6 position chip the other week an wow what a difference. Power hungry performance wrote the tunes an they are
Stock
High idle 1000rpm
25hp heavy tow
40hp tow
65hp drive
80hp performance
I can now out run the traffic from a stop light on the 25hp setting unloaded I also got the egt installed today goin to windrock next weekend so wanted to be safe pulling black mt with the chip.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nice! Was hoping you'd post some new door pics. I'm excited to see it.
Wish all my junk was finished so we could be rolling together to Windrock in our conversions.. Guess I'll have to settle being a passenger.

Back