Scrambled, just like my brain - 81 CJ8 Scrambler

Just a quick update, the body is all bolted down, seats are mounted in their final locations, windshield is mounted, doors are fitted. Time for the roll cage! Then I'm going to take it up to the big shop and stick the 360 in there and start the body work and paint.
2016-01-23 16.16.45.jpg

2016-01-23 16.46.12.jpg

OK, so hopefully we'll be moving along quickly now on this thing. Well, quicker than before that is. It is on my trailer heading to @boatedwagon now to have the cage built for it. :)

Then up to the big shop for us to install the AMC 360 drivetrain and start the paint/body and final assembly!
2016-04-21 08.03.58.jpg

Cool build! I like the cage but the gussets are waaay too big. Kills the style of it. And you need bigger tires. :D The 360 and 727 with dana300 will be a nice setup I had that on my old cj7 with fuel injection. You gotta get FI.

Eh, I wanted the gussets that big. Kind of exactly the look I was going for.

And yes, bigger tires are in the works. These tiny little 31s are just rollers. :)

I got a good deal on an Edelbrock intake and carb right around Christmas time, so I'm doing that for now. Might go FI eventually, but that'll be down the line a bit. I have to pay for a lot of other stuff to get it finished. :lol:

Don't skimp be a pimp and get fuel injection....:beer:

And don't hit your head on the gussets...

Nothing really. The guy who was working for me in my shop was supposed to get started on the paint and body but ended up having to fire him, so it has just been sitting while I have been doing other things to get the business back in order. New guy is working out great, so I'm hoping I can get back to working on this thing here in the next couple weeks.

I want to head up your way sometime and check out that cage. I never liked how any of the pre-fab CJ-8 cages didn't go all the way to the rear of the vehicle due to those rear supports, and it looks like you addressed that with yours.

Back