SHENANIGANS

Bought these separately, but still stupid cheap. Front and rear Currie Antirock sway bars for $300... yes, please!
Currie Antirock.jpg

Last stop on my return trip from CA was in Memphis, TN to pick up a set of brand new Raceline's. I promised my boy I'd have the rings powder coated blue. The only source I know on here is @BUCKEYE PERFORMANCE INC. so maybe I can get that pulled off and keep an 8 year old happy.
Raceline RT232 AL.jpg

No explanation for this other than "more money than brains", but the original owner was feeling even more generous and sent this Warn XD9000i winch with Spydura synthetic line home with me for nothing. I've already tested it and it works. It'll stay and I've already sold my Warn VR8000 to a buddy.
Warn XD9000i.jpg

Last update for today is the load of purple boxes FedEx just dropped off. @Cperry at ECGS is my go to for all my axle parts. Spool I picked up from @GONOVRIT , 5.13 gears, master install kit, 4340 axle shafts, and super joints. I'll have to call them back today to order my 1350 yoke because I forgot. Heads up @Jody Treadway
Dana 60 Parts.jpg
Yukon 4340 Chromoly Shafts.jpg

Also included is a complete set of Auto Meter C2 gauges, Painless Wiring switch panel, and the fuse blocks. I'm currently debating on whether I want to buy the Lowrance setup from the original owner to fill that giant hole in the dash. He's offered it to me pretty dang cheap, but I'm conflicted on whether I'll actually use it or not. Not seen in the picture is the steering shaft that was included also.
View attachment 288814

Since you are going LS, you can always put a tablet in that spot. Can do gauges, diagnostics, tunes, maps, etc...

Since you are going LS, you can always put a tablet in that spot. Can do gauges, diagnostics, tunes, maps, etc...

Sounds fancy and beyond my brain power. Probably just stick with the gauges because I have them. What’s there already is overkill for my application. May even delete one. I can’t think of a single reason to hook up speedo.

Sounds fancy and beyond my brain power. Probably just stick with the gauges because I have them. What’s there already is overkill for my application. May even delete one. I can’t think of a single reason to hook up speedo.

If he's referring to what I think he may it's as easy as an app download and a bluetooth apdater.

All I got is nice, nice, and very nice. What's the plan for suspension and gravity fighting duties?

If he's referring to what I think he may it's as easy as an app download and a bluetooth apdater.

...and the money to buy the tablet and bluetooth adapter.

All I got is nice, nice, and very nice. What's the plan for suspension and gravity fighting duties?

Most likely 4 link front and rear with Fox or King coilovers. The chassis was originally setup for duals on all 4 corners. I definitely don’t need all that. After the wheelbase is set, we’ll delete the mount not being used.

Last edited:
A non-network wifi only tablet shouldn't be terribly expensive ($2-300). The bluetooth adapter can vary but should be sub-$50.

Now make it dust/mud/water proof and mount it. I’ll fully agree on the simplicity part and probably of equal cost if I didn’t already own all the gauges.

Really guys... filling the hole in the dash is a non issue.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

My strongest inclination is to remove all the gauges and switch panel, tossing the dash, and leaving a blank canvas...

My strongest inclination is to remove all the gauges and switch panel, tossing the dash, and leaving a blank canvas...
Just leave it. May need a measurement from it or make a template from it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Another deal on Hardline. Purple boxes are piling up...

2FC70F4E-F883-404E-9191-A29676D42D28.jpeg

Finally crossed a few more things off the list and have something worthy to post up...

@Jody Treadway worked his mojo on my Dana 60:
Dana 60 Gear Setup.jpg

It now rests on jack stands up under the buggy:
Dana 60 Mocked Up.jpg

In the same trip to pick up my 60, I also brought home those 43's @Jody Treadway was so kind to break in for me. They're barely even broke in good. My youngest boy laid down some sweet rattle can blue on those rings and we got at least the first Sticky mounted up:
TSL SX Sticky 43s on Racelines.jpg

I also made this shot right here my new desktop background at work. It'll keep me motivated to work more OT...
New Desktop.jpg

I like the blue rings

That’s my youngest boys favorite color. We did it on the last one too. I might end up with green seat belts for the oldest boys favorite color. It’s all the same to me. I just like trying to include them so it’s fun for them too and doesn’t cost me anything.

Slowly, but surely I’m gonna strip the ugly off of this thing. Ugly = orange. These small panels are gonna make nice inner fender wells. I’m coating them with old fashioned Rustoleum Truck Bed Coating. I’m also replacing all the hardware as I work my way around. For the tail piece, I decided to put my box of stickers to use. I also mounted the flush mount Rigid backup lights that used to be headlights in the S10. Added the angle mounts to aim them down under the sway bar tube. They should be safe there.

FCB835D9-0B1F-4919-BFDC-E758CB1765D4.jpeg

995A80D6-76A8-4B18-8CDA-0A50E8917FEC.jpeg

Last edited:
Kids wanted to knock out something small on the buggy today so we mounted all 4 Rigid lights that’ll serve as headlights and approach lights. We also mounted up the winch, hawse, spooled the rope up and stuck the super fancy Factor 55 hook on there. My 9 year old was adamant that we put a new Warn decal on there because the old one was gone. $24 frickin’ dollars for that decal. I added some gorilla glue to make sure this one stays.
CDDC527F-B449-44ED-AAD2-7E1D60692DCC.jpeg

Back