She's a keeper!

My wife’s only automotive knowledge is a spark plug. That’s her go to anytime something is wrong “maybe it’s the spark plug”.

One time, and one time only she was right about the lawnmower not running. I said no that’s not it, but it turned out is was the spark plug after all. Her head was big about that for weeks.
When I was building my 402, my wife came out into the garage to tell me something-or-other, and I asked her to tap in one of the pistons while I was guiding the rod down to the crank journal. She was happy that she got to help, and told her dad the next time we saw her parents that she helped. He started asking if I trusted that it would stay together... :rolleyes:

Mind you, his automotive knowledge extends about as far as knowing where to put the gas. He's got a slick method for changing a tire, too. Step 1) call AAA. Step 2) wait for a man to show up and do the job right. :lol:

Wait, did I say that out loud?

...but I knew she was doing it incorrectly with that half-ass paint job

I'm doing something wrong apparently. Just today I was installing some 4.56 gears and an ARB in a JK. For some reason I can't get the marking compound to stay on the middle of the tooth like she can.
Any help?
IMG_20180219_181347314.jpg

I feel like that’s the local off-road shop here in town. They just seem completely lost. I don’t understand how the show can get though the editing process and not noticed the wrong terminology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tonya has said many times"look at those toothpick axles w big tires on em".She might not know what every axle is but she recognizes when something aint right.

Last edited:
He has my number for those pesky setups.

Dude laid in a cold creek bed in Harlan helping me get my Ranger back on the trail. Me and Dave are down like grannys tits
FIFY

all these shows about building trucks.... but none that focus on their use.

no wonder there are so many mall crawlers

I've made TONS of youtube videos of our adventures offroad. I've tried many different ways of making them exciting. Even sped them up to there's no dead time. But even with music, special effects, and just clipping it down to the interesting parts, even I bore of watching in just a few minutes. You simply can't replicate the feeling of being out there and in the mix on the trail. I can't imagine how much effort it would take to MAKE it interesting enough to WATCH.

We'll see March 8th when that truck republic show comes on if even THEY can make it interesting to watch

I've made TONS of youtube videos of our adventures offroad. I've tried many different ways of making them exciting. Even sped them up to there's no dead time. But even with music, special effects, and just clipping it down to the interesting parts, even I bore of watching in just a few minutes. You simply can't replicate the feeling of being out there and in the mix on the trail. I can't imagine how much effort it would take to MAKE it interesting enough to WATCH.

We'll see March 8th when that truck republic show comes on if even THEY can make it interesting to watch

Dirt Every Day does quite a bit of driving and is mostly entertaining to watch.

Ive always thought it’d be cool to do an off-road show similar to street outlaws. A show that shows our off road shenanigans, breakage and repair. Throw in the crap talking about who can make it up this and that, show the guys that work long nights to fix it before the next ride, Chris Griggs blowing engines every month. Specially if each episode/ride had a prize of a few thousand or so for who went the hardest. Everyone would be pushing it to the limit, and trying to keep their rigs going for the next ride. Not sure if it would be popular but I would like it. I really enjoy Dirt Everyday, me and my 6yr old daughter watch it together.

I feel like that’s the local off-road shop here in town. They just seem completely lost. I don’t understand how the show can get though the editing process and not noticed the wrong terminology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Who's the shop in Greenville?

Who's the shop in Greenville?

Well technically there is actually 2. S1 off-road and I think the other guy still goes by extreme off-road.

I think the other guy still goes by extreme off-road.
Was that the guy that used to be in Havelock? I thought he shut down...Maybe I'm confused. That happens a lot lately.

Was that the guy that used to be in Havelock? I thought he shut down...Maybe I'm confused. That happens a lot lately.

Winner winner chicken dinner. Told a guy he couldn’t put one tons on his jeep because it didn’t have a fixed rear yoke. But the other shop put a SYE and CV driveshaft in without adjusting his pinion angle.

And no shims at all on the pinion gear.

Oh no...it's him. Same shiester. Alex Christiansen. He's over on the 33 cut over, right? If you need something that's got 2 feet of lift, is strictly gargantuan leaf springs, massive drop brackets, exclusively dually axles, and you NEVER want to get your vehicle back even after paying him....he's your guy :D

Never heard of the other guys.

Oh no...it's him. Same shiester. Alex Christiansen. He's over on the 33 cut over, right? If you need something that's got 2 feet of lift, is strictly gargantuan leaf springs, massive drop brackets, exclusively dually axles, and you NEVER want to get your vehicle back even after paying him....he's your guy :D

Never heard of the other guys.

73f06e881c7fa0c8a739d7e5cd9ec09a.jpg

Yeah got the GM 60 under a huge 2wd doodoomax. I’ve heard plenty of horror stories about him.

But the other shop is really building a great reputation. Less than 1000 miles on this ring and pinion, driveline angles caused some of this I’m sure. But barely any carrier bearing preload the diff almost fell out when I took the bearing caps off, that were on the wrong sides even though they were stamped. Best part was the elocker wiring through the cover, lol.

e5c3246c23594ea9b44157019305413f.jpg

Ah okay, so that is the tick turd. He tried getting me to pay him a grand for a used set of Boggers. :rolleyes: Then some nice feller down yonner found a set for a much greater deal! Still have them under the Jeep now...

I've seen his "work..." Must be why he had that off-road recovery service - to go drag his shit work out of the woods when it broke, am I right or am I right?

Back when he would actually work, he could build some good stuff, but it was always the same.

Where do you think the engine that's in it came from? :D
Ya know I kinda figured you for a mustang drag racing kinda guy... seriously no joking lol may be the crocs? Hell I may have seen ya at thunder valley I worked there 5 years for every race event they hosted!

Ya know I kinda figured you for a mustang drag racing kinda guy... seriously no joking lol may be the crocs? Hell I may have seen ya at thunder valley I worked there 5 years for every race event they hosted!

We ran the NMRA/NMCA and FFW series forna few years. Good times!

Back