She's a keeper!

Well technically there is actually 2. S1 off-road and I think the other guy still goes by extreme off-road.

I think it’s funny. It’s actually just a typical mechanic shop that added a name on the side of the building and is selling bumpers.

I do have to admit, I’ve been eying the deuce there just waiting for it to get some love. :(

I drive by the place nearly every day I’m home. I haven’t even really seen them do anything 4x4 related.

I think it’s funny. It’s actually just a typical mechanic shop that added a name on the side of the building and is selling bumpers.

I do have to admit, I’ve been eying the deuce there just waiting for it to get some love. :(

I drive by the place nearly every day I’m home. I haven’t even really seen them do anything 4x4 related.

You mean driving over a car isn’t 4x4 related? Lol, rumor is an oriellys employee called him out for having no clue wtf he’s doing and his butthurt over it. I just keep making money off ppl he screwed

No shame in sloppy seconds? :D

No shame in sloppy seconds? :D

Personally I can’t stand someone to do something half ass, and when it makes someone hate their favorite vehicle, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. There are several rigs I’ve had to fix some shops screw up, and some have been some huge headaches. But it’s pretty rewarding to restore someone’s love for their vehicle. It’s almost like every time a customer takes their rig out I get a thank you text because they were so close to just selling it or lighting it on fire.

$ is $ and seconds usually means cleaning up someone else’s mess, which means even more $. :D

I seriously considered opening a shop in town. Then I remembered how bad I would be at customer service. :lol:

I remember you having your fab business a while back, and I do feel like greenville is developing a market. Mainly just lift kits, bolt ons, and maybe a little gear work. But also you start blasting social media with wheeling pictures and I promise you’ll have more people showing up to get maybe get a little more serious. Facebook and Instagram can be a hell of a marketing tool.

^^yep. I see the potential for a shop that actually does good work at a fair price.

I could do it, just don’t put me in front of idiots and I’d be good. :D
This is why as a GC I don’t do work for others and just myself; I’m not really tolerant of wasting time answering questions, being fake-nice, etc. :lol: someone else would definetly have to take on that role!

Alaksa off road warriors was interesting. although, if they ever do a season 2 id like to see the characters tamed a few notches. the over top personalities took away from the show in my opinion.

^^yep. I see the potential for a shop that actually does good work at a fair price.

I could do it, just don’t put me in front of idiots and I’d be good. :D
This is why as a GC I don’t do work for others and just myself; I’m not really tolerant of wasting time answering questions, being fake-nice, etc. :lol: someone else would definetly have to take on that role!
That's how I am on job sites with supervisors, shut up and let me work... A big company we do work for will have flex and stretch every morning funny shit watching hungover Mexicans on a Sunday morning trying to stand on one leg hahaha also 4 sheets of paperwork front and back daily!? Wtf?

We do flex and stretch every morning. Funny watching truck drivers doing that. But we have to do it. And we also have a ton of paperwork. Inspections, permits, assessments, etc. it is what it is and what management expects. So no issues or complaints from me. It keeps me employed managing those things. :)

I don’t know if I can call you a friend anymore. One day I will have a 800A with a 4.3 for a Daily driver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't you dare! Come up here, and I will help you drop an International 345 motor in it before I let you blaspheme a Scout with that... I'll even tell you where to get one cheap... (But that's up here in VA. too..)

Don't you dare! Come up here, and I will help you drop an International 345 motor in it before I let you blaspheme a Scout with that... I'll even tell you where to get one cheap... (But that's up here in VA. too..)

why not an sd33 deisel? i know where one is!

why not an sd33 deisel? i know where one is!

I would find that acceptable.... I'm not really a staunch purist, I'd even accept a DT (Powerstroke) Swap... But A cummins would be pushing it, and a 4.3 or LS is just right out!

Well I’ve gotta get a shop .... and a scout first but it is the next project I take on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would find that acceptable.... I'm not really a staunch purist, I'd even accept a DT (Powerstroke) Swap... But A cummins would be pushing it, and a 4.3 or LS is just right out!

Werent the scout available with the sd33 at one point? think i had heard that way back.

Couldn't say for the Scout. I know the CJ-10A was available with the SD33 in it, though.

Thats what i have but the sd33 is coming out

Yes the scout had the sd33t and the cj10a had the sd33. I really wish I still had my cj10a with the sd33. :(
Every time I see a CJ10A, it gets me wanting one. I'd love to do a diesel swap in my CJ, because it's just damn cool. Torque, usually some decent amount of fuel mileage, or at least better than my current mill...But I've got way too many irons in the fire right now.

There is a Scout II for sale near the Fiance's house. Or at least it was there not long ago. She said I should call about it. I said dear you know how much I put into my jeep? Double it. Parts and prices on them are even more than jeep junk!

There is a Scout II for sale near the Fiance's house. Or at least it was there not long ago. She said I should call about it. I said dear you know how much I put into my jeep? Double it. Parts and prices on them are even more than jeep junk!

Pops had a 79 Scout II

He sold it about 10 years ago to a guy that put it in a warehouse and it hasn't moved. He tells me from time to time that he could get it back if I wanted it.

I do....but it was rusted at every corner and wheel arch. The only saving it would be a new fiberglass tub, new frame, new motor, likely new axles....and....after that, what are you "saving"?

Back