Shop?

THE LINK

Looking at building a shop around 50x60 or a little bigger. Stick built or pre-fab steel. Just looking for some input on what you all would recommend and where to obtain the supplies. Thanks.

i believe you can go to lowes or something like that and get some plans drawn up with estamates on materials.
then compair to a prefab.

X2 on the steel building. Check online. There are tons of cheap (relative) options out there.

Stick built: easy to make it match the look of your residence.

Steel building: harder/more expensive to make it match a residence. Steel is more fire retardant, especially when grinding/welding inside.

Could be that it doesn't really matter how it looks...

I plan to build a shop way in the future but I've started dreaming early to nail down all the specifics.

I don't know if this website will be of any help, but at least you can get a free brochure and maybe some ideasMiracle Truss Steel Buildings

And you probably want to spend some time on Pirate's Shop & Tools forum, specifically this thread: Things I'd change about my shop

Good luck, and take some pictures!

I went metal..

I found a used building that I went and took down , then built foundation and put the building back up..

I hope to be pouring concrete floor this spring

mine is 24 wide x 26 long

here it is so far
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_100_1858.jpg

Back