propane or charcoal

• propane

Votes: 25 34.2%
  • charcoal/ lump wood

Votes: 48 65.8%

• Total voters
IMG_3175.JPG

Mahi over hickory.

I know I'm a little late, but WTF is this alien creature!??!?! Did you put Cheez-wiz all over it?

Yes aliens with cheez whiz, no not really.
Chickens squeeze that butter and rub it on the skin for a nice dark crunchy skin.

Disclaimer, I’m not a pro but i try pro stuff

First time trying to cook ribs. Read a guys write up online and followed it best I could.

They were terrible. Way too smokey and tough. Ooh well pizza it is.

At least you admit it alotnof people think they’re doing something when their ribs, chicken, bbq taste like the inside of a burning barrel

Smoked a brisket the other night. Got the pinkish red smoke on the meat just riiiiiight.
Had a 17 lb chunk and going to cook the other half tonight or tomorrow.
I sent a picture of it to @Jason W. before I smoked it and he said " your meat is huge and its already wrapped!"

:D:eek::D
IMG_9132.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9130.JPG
    IMG_9130.JPG
    226.7 KB · Views: 198
Smoked a brisket the other night. Got the pinkish red smoke on the meat just riiiiiight.
Had a 17 lb chunk and going to cook the other half tonight or tomorrow.
I sent a picture of it to @Jason W. before I smoked it and he said " your meat is huge and its already wrapped!"

:D:eek::DView attachment 255268

i love brisket... Try wrapping in butcher paper next time. I find it lets the bark stay a little more crisp.

Here's my trick so far....
I seasoned it pretty conservatively with some basic bbq rub and garlic powder, salt and garlic salt.
Smothered the entire slab in cheap yellow mustard. Yep no joke.
Kept temps in the smoker at 200-230 the whole time.
I didn't wrap it up until it was about 160-165, I then poured beer on it and covered foil for the last 30 degree raise.
I used charcoal (of course) but had some hardwood and applewood chips soaked with a few block size chunks soaked so that the temps stayed low and smoke was blue. Kept adding chips every few hours and Had to add hot charcoal only once.

I think I have a new hobby now, just takes all damn day to do it and need to check temps every few hours so I don't ruin it.
If they had an iPhone App for a thermometer, I'd be set to leave the house more often.

Most of the WIFI thermometers you will have to be in the same network to get them to work, so just be careful. So leaving your house still doesn't really work. Looks like that 2nd link though can do what you need.

I like what ya found. Didn't know they existed but I was sure someone would find one. Thank you.
Can't believe they want an arm and an axle shaft for the digital wifi thermos.
I may try ebay or amazon see what comes up.
This is the same reason why I only have one expensive ass hobby. :driver::rockon:

Most of the WIFI thermometers you will have to be in the same network to get them to work, so just be careful. So leaving your house still doesn't really work. Looks like that 2nd link though can do what you need.

I know the Auber controller doesnt require that. It needs a wifi network to connect, and then you can use the app to view/control from anywhere as long as you have internet service. I believe that the Thermoworks smoke setup does the same thing, but it is only a therm and not a controller.

I like what ya found. Didn't know they existed but I was sure someone would find one. Thank you.
Can't believe they want an arm and an axle shaft for the digital wifi thermos.
I may try ebay or amazon see what comes up.
This is the same reason why I only have one expensive ass hobby. :driver::rockon:

you can get a digital thermo from Maverick or Thermoworks for ~$40. Its the wifi that adds up. I use a Maverick et-72 most of the time. Its an older model. It is digital with a wireless remote, but doesnt do wifi. I have heard the igrill works fine, but more limited. I believe Thermoworks has better and more accurate probes though.

Started smokin a pork shoulder this morning. 8 more hours
3e62d9bf37af28a3341650f53f13cb83.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back