SO who is still gonna go wheeling this weekend??

BRUISER

silent.. but deadly
I am just curious who is still planning on going wheeling this weekend/upcoming weekends??

With the gas prices going up and some places running out.. who is gonna take the chance that they can get to and from the wheeling spot and be able to find gas both ways???

Honestly if this craze does not stop I probably will not.. The last thing I would want is to go wheeling and then on the way back not be able to find gas cause all these idiots ran out and filled there damn cars up.

BigWoody you are exempt for this discussion :)

I fortunately filled the tow truck a week or so ago. So it's full, and I can make a round trip to URE on one fill...Hopefully this stupidity in gas pricing is done in a couple of weeks when I need the truck again. Grabbed a few gallons of premium for the YJ last night, it should get me through the weekend. So, I'll be towing to URE for the weekend...Might have to bag some of the 6 weekends in a row I was gonna go wheeling in the end of Sept and early October...Tellico seems a really far trip, Windrocks is further, Central VA and Callalentee don't seem to bad...and 2 trips to URE...gonna be expensive to wheel this fall.

We're still planning on heading to Mtn City this weekend. Two of the three pipelines to NC are back up and running on generator power, so availability will be there, the question is at what cost. :mad:

GSW said:
We're still planning on heading to Mtn City this weekend. Two of the three pipelines to NC are back up and running on generator power, so availability will be there, the question is at what cost. :mad:

planning on heading there too, well hopefully.. still worried that some places will be out. i don't mind paying a bit more to go play, just as long as i can get there and back. this will be my last 5+hour trip for the year, unless something drastic happens (i've got my fingers crossed) :rolleyes:

StudNuts said:
ahhhhh. i still go. Fill the psd with diesel, already filled the pane tanks. Im ready.

Well, since the guys on the nooz Tuesday night were only talking about *gasoline* prices jumping to $3/gal, only gas went up. I was out running errands last night, and with one exception, diesel was still $2.60/gal.

So yeah, get some propane, fill the diesel, and go wheel. :flipoff2:

bigassedredjeep said:
planning on heading there too, well hopefully.. still worried that some places will be out. i don't mind paying a bit more to go play, just as long as i can get there and back. this will be my last 5+hour trip for the year, unless something drastic happens (i've got my fingers crossed) :rolleyes:

Just remember, the trip back is mostly downhill. :driver:

Ya I am the same way.. I will pay a little more to have fun.. but running out would just suck..

And I had 3 more trips planned but only time will tell

I'm still going to Dayton this weekend since I've had these plans for a couple of months. It may be my last trip of the year though.

R.K.

Well, in an effort to save fuel, we will be working on the trail rigs. Bending, welding, odds and ends, etc.

I'm going...oh hell yes. I've missed out on every ride this year, it's supposed to be Sunny, highs in the upper 80's, lows in the upper 60's...

Hell yes. What's that saying?

Hell or high water, right? Gas prices are hell, and the high water is on the trails.. :D

The Cruggy is full (2.75 tanks), the CTD will be empty by the time I get to western NC, but I'll deal. This ain't a cheap sport anyway.

Yep, going to fill the jeep tank tonight. This might be the last wheeling trip for me this year. Going to ure on sunday.

rich you better watch it in the mountain part of the state. i heard they ran out yesterday morning and arent expected to get any more fuel for a few days

had a long time trip planned for Tellico, just got back yesterday without to many problems. I stayed at Crawfords and as expected Steve's place was only a 1/3rd full on what is usually a very good holiday weekend for him. Saving grace was when everyone around Murphy was out of fuel, Steve had us all taken care of with his 1200 gallon on site tank!...he made me laugh when we asked if he was selling to the locals, his reply was f#ck the locals they aren't paying my bills, you guys are.....so we payed our $3.00 per gallon and got on with it........strangly the trails seemed somewhat light on traffic this w/e, the most we had to wait was an hour on schoolbus.......

Ian, how about some pics!!! You going back for the Dixie Run? How about the fun Caravan? Saw your rig at Andys the other day, so I guess this trip means he got it finished and all went well

Back