Stock market

Somebody did a pump and dump on Tesla.

Tesla pump and dump.jpg

Some insiders definitely got rich on that move.

We are going into the weeds...lost revenue does not equal loss.
if I am a business and I sell widgets for $10 that cost me $8 to make. And I make them on demand.
If I make a batch of bad widgets and pay for them that is a loss. If less people buy widgets this month than I projected that is a revenue shortfall, not a loss. While it isnt good and it doesnt feed the monster, they also dont have the expense of running those flights.
So, I Should have called it, "Lost Revenue", & concentrated on Global Market, instead of Airlines! How silly of me!
PS: Today's Newsprint / fake or not.

Attachments

• IMG_20200205_141637661.jpg
    IMG_20200205_141637661.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 121
Some insiders definitely got rich on that move.

The parabolic turn is primarily a function of momo and shorts getting called. It doesn't have anything to do with insiders.

We are going into the weeds...lost revenue does not equal loss.
if I am a business and I sell widgets for $10 that cost me $8 to make. And I make them on demand.
If I make a batch of bad widgets and pay for them that is a loss. If less people buy widgets this month than I projected that is a revenue shortfall, not a loss. While it isnt good and it doesnt feed the monster, they also dont have the expense of running those flights.

Some additional info:
ICAO flags $4-5 billion loss from Covid-19 outbreak
Cathay Pacific urges employees to take unpaid leave: report – Business Traveller
Virus Hits Planemakers as Airbus, Boeing Shutter China Plants

You have to also consider that the Chinese and area airlines were already in crisis mode due to both the MAX grounding and the recent political unrest. Cathy especially had MAJOR losses last year due to the Chinese gov't black balling them as a result of the Hong Kong protests. Many of these airlines were already flying reduced schedules and routes due the grounding of their MAX fleets, having to delay aircraft retirements or extend leases.

The airlines are now even more hesitant to commit $$$ to future initiatives due to the downturn in revenue. The temporary closing of the Airbus and Boeing plants is affecting all of the upstream suppliers' bottom lines (that were already screwed due to the MAX issues). The industry will eventually recover, but until then, its going to hurt a little bit.

At 8am this morning, I was retired. Now, this afternoon, I am unemployed. Down right at 3%.

I backed my 401K to conservative. Hopefully it'll weather the storm

What’s your target retirement date? Call me dumb but isn’t the best advice to just leave your 401k alone. It should be pretty diversified to handle a dip. I was told not to try and beat the market. Flame suit on :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I actually had some good luck this go-round. I've been setting aside cash instead of reinvesting for the past few months, waiting for a dip. I just need to time some purchases...waiting for the bottom now.

But...I'm thinking it will be a long slow recovery. We are not far off from November, and people are wary.

Real concern is if coronavirus gets a foothold here in the US. Having slow/interrupted goods shipments from China is going to hurt bad enough...and it's coming.

What’s your target retirement date? Call me dumb but isn’t the best advice to just leave your 401k alone. It should be pretty diversified to handle a dip. I was told not to try and beat the market. Flame suit on :D

2043. God that hurts typing. It probably is the best advise but I want to see the number go up. Never down. I'm too cautious for the stock market

This may be true but I will try to keep an eye on the market and when it seems the bottom has stop falling out I will switch back. Trying to mitigate the risk
Now, when the stock are going up (eventually) you’ll miss it.

Market drop.jpg

Back