Stock market

DOW up 5% today, biggest single-day gain in history. (After biggest single-day loss in history last week.)

It's still not over.

DOW up 5% today, biggest single-day gain in history. (After biggest single-day loss in history last week.)

It's still not over.

My guess is that tmrw am will be a bloodbath with everyone trying to cut their losses after today.

Fed said they were prepared to help by using the tools at their disposal. What tools do they have left? We're going to be at negative interest rates if they keep going.

Fed said they were prepared to help by using the tools at their disposal. What tools do they have left? We're going to be at negative interest rates if they keep going.
Trump has actually said he wants that, but the Fed has universally panned it

Rhino Wealth Management
17 hrs ·
Good morning! Nothing like waking up to find Europe down and U.S. futures pointing to a negative 2% at the open. Buckle up. It’s going to be another volatile day.
10-year Treasury yield slips below 1%, 2-year hits all-time low amid virus fears.
(The bond market is often thought of as smarter money than the stock market. The bond market level is suggesting a coming recession.)

Looks like we are going to take another bath tomorrow morning. :(

Looks like we are going to take another bath tomorrow morning. :(

Yup.

Here comes the recession that the inverted yield curve predicted last year.

Futures 3-9-20.jpg

The market has triggered a 'circuit breaker' that keeps stocks from falling through the floor. Here's how that works

Watching my 401k melt away hurts, just looked and down another almost 1800 as of 330pm.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

No joke.
Luckily I've got 15-20 more years until retirement....
but w/ a kid leaving for college in 3, it sucks to see that fund taking the hit w/o time to recover.

(tongue in cheek post is tongue in cheek) I mean...can't Trump just negotiate a business deal and fix all this...or are we going to take the stance that when the gettin's good, we're winning and when the gettin's bad, it's someone else's fault? Yeah, yeah...I know, stock market is a long term game, can't increase in perpetuity and will always self-correct...oh and the DOW is still higher than it was 5 years ago.

The trick is, don't sell! Just hope everyone is able to ride it out!
Problem is for those of us retired (esp. early retired that dont have a small SS cushion every month) and have to cash some out.

Lucky I had a couple years of cash stashed away, so am going to be fine as long as this doesn't stretch to multi-years. Might even be able to buy some while it's on sale.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back