Stock market

So what’s the NC4x4 prediction on the recent upswing? Is it going to hold or is it just a temporary uptick? Given the expectations on the infection rate and the impending peak of cases, I’m thinking it’s a temporary surge.

who knows, but I doubt its the beginning of teh rise.
Wait until a few more Fridays have passed with continual new unemployment claims in the millions... thats not gonna help.

It's nothing more than a way for the bankers and traders to collect the extra money that got thrown into the market. We just took the lead in cases worldwide and the financial effects of all of the distancing/shutdowns/stay at home are just now starting to show. It will get worse before it gets better.

It's nothing more than a way for the bankers and traders to collect the extra money that got thrown into the market.

Exactly.

I had something like that typed out but it got way too wordy and i couldnt get it to pull together. This is basically a big wall street pump and dump.

I have never put a dime in the stock market and never will, I like to have control of my hard earned cash, all it takes is another virus , war, or a million other reasons it will crash again and again !!

Yeah, but what else do you have that will exceed, or even keep up, with the rate of inflation? Much less show a profit over time, above inflation.

The stock market does go down occasionally...but over all it goes up, up, up.

Guns, silver, gold, cars,land, house and more guns all paid for.
and I’m self employed and believe I can make better use of my money than a total stranger .

My buddy thought he would be smart and invest in this new sensation ‘marijuana stocks‘ he’s got 15k left of 50k he put in a year ago!!

Last edited:
Yeah, but what else do you have that will exceed, or even keep up, with the rate of inflation? Much less show a profit over time, above inflation.

Different things work better for different people. If I got back all the money I have lost and gained in my 401k through the years, I definitely would be better off to have invested it in durable goods like @cass92lx50 listed. However, the durable goods take transactions and effort to grow, whereas the investment accounts require no effort. If you have a good source of income, and can simply set money aside and watch it come and go, it generally does grow in the long run. But if you have the ability and motivation to play in the durable goods realm, you will always outpace it. That's why people who are building wealth buy businesses.

My buddy thought he would be smart and invest in this new sensation ‘marijuana stocks‘ he’s got 15k left of 50k he put in a year ago!!

That's not investing, that's chasing a fad that will eventually equalize to true value.

I feel like predicting the stock market is worse than predicting the crazy level of the girl you just started dating that’s clearly out of your league
No way. The girl is an easy vet - if shes chosen me, and is hot, she is definitely crazy.

Exactly. Historically the market has grown. Yep, it drops. But it’s gone up WAY more than it’s gone down.

That's not investing, that's chasing a fad that will eventually equalize to true value.

This. Most people absolutely suck at investing.

They buy high and sell low. Out of fear. Out of ignorance. Because they lack patience.
They chase fads. But are always too late.

What do you all think this week will hold for stocks?
Lots up down, and up, and people talking about how crazy it is, and when will the bottom be.

What do you all think this week will hold for stocks?
My prediction.. Tomorrow will be a new low for the year. Stimulus doesn't count for shit, especially since someone of importance said likely 150k Americans dead before this is over.

My prediction.. Tomorrow will be a new low for the year. Stimulus doesn't count for shit, especially since someone of importance said likely 150k Americans dead before this is over.

I agree tomorrow will be bad, but I dont think the required 20% drop to halt trading would actually be a low for this year?
My numbers may be off though

I agree tomorrow will be bad, but I dont think the required 20% drop to halt trading would actually be a low for this year?
My numbers may be off though
I posted without looking to see where last week's gains ended. Imho, it will be about as low as it's allowed to go, regardless of where it starts.

Different things work better for different people. If I got back all the money I have lost and gained in my 401k through the years, I definitely would be better off to have invested it in durable goods like @cass92lx50 listed. However, the durable goods take transactions and effort to grow, whereas the investment accounts require no effort. If you have a good source of income, and can simply set money aside and watch it come and go, it generally does grow in the long run. But if you have the ability and motivation to play in the durable goods realm, you will always outpace it. That's why people who are building wealth buy businesses.

All of this. I’m far from having a holdings company/group to manage a portfolio of businesses I have a controlling interest in, but I do much prefer dumping my money in to tangible assets I have a say in how it performs. I’ll always hit my 401k match max and participate in discounted stock purchase programs...that’s just free money...and I’ll do what I can to max out pre-tax contributions elsewhere. Most years those funds will see 12-15% pretty easily...last couple of weeks, they’ve dropped 30%. Tangible assets and businesses though, my rule of thumb is, if I can’t at least triple (upwards of 13x in some cases) my money in 5 years, I’m doing something wrong.

Seems to me a solid durable goods investment right now would be in urns, coffins, and related devices...

Back