Street legal SXS's

I think this is going to be the case for a while since no one knows the rules. Then when people start acting fools it will go the opposite direction and they will start making sure you have every single thing.
Also wouldn't try that somewhere like ure
While I do agree, this is a place that this is common. Kids will pull up on their dirt bikes and fuel up in front of the county police. They are pleasant, respectful and dont ride like idiots and the police let it slide.

I saw a 4 seater SxS with no plate going down highway 68 yesterday.

I have seen several around Greenville driving around. But every one I saw was driving on a 4 land road with a turning lane that has a speed limit of 45mph.

Am I missing something? I thought UTVs were restricted to any road 35mph or less and up to 55mph as long as they were not 4 lanes. Am I mistaken? Or are these guys being idiots?

Downtown Asheville yesterday.
ED856688-1013-45BB-B9DA-122688E6AE6E.jpeg

I have seen several around Greenville driving around. But every one I saw was driving on a 4 land road with a turning lane that has a speed limit of 45mph.

Am I missing something? I thought UTVs were restricted to any road 35mph or less and up to 55mph as long as they were not 4 lanes. Am I mistaken? Or are these guys being idiots?
That's the way I understood the language. My guess is they didn't read the bill.

My guess is as long as noone stops them, they will push it as far as possible.

My guess is also that such things are what will ruin it for everyone.

While I do agree, this is a place that this is common. Kids will pull up on their dirt bikes and fuel up in front of the county police. They are pleasant, respectful and dont ride like idiots and the police let it slide.

Yeah not in Winston. They ride in packs doing wheelies thru downtown breaking all kinda laws right in front of police...but they do nothing because they don't want that Pastor that looks like a damn Mondoshawn from 5th element standing in front of a bank of mics with 400 "activists" of similar shade speaking about it on the national news

1150610826.jpg.0.jpg

Mondoshawan.jpg

I have seen one, and it was on highway 68 which has a speed limit of 50mph.

Yeah not in Winston. They ride in packs doing wheelies thru downtown breaking all kinda laws right in front of police...but they do nothing because they don't want that Pastor that looks like a damn Mondoshawn from 5th element standing in front of a bank of mics with 400 "activists" of similar shade speaking about it on the national news

View attachment 361265
View attachment 361266
25cd9df1629eb14e259549b4a79b1edd--troy-history-channel.jpg

wheelie boyz.jpg

Saw one today pull off the main road and into Macs BBQ in Charlotte
20211116_133217.jpg

I was going to street legal mine, but I had a moment of clarity with taking my machine on the road. Call it the firefighter in me that's been to many extrications. These machines are BARELY substantial enough to survive a crash involving only themselves. Now plow into it with something like those passenger cars in that same picture. Zero survivability. Guess I am getting old.

I was going to street legal mine, but I had a moment of clarity with taking my machine on the road. Call it the firefighter in me that's been to many extrications. These machines are BARELY substantial enough to survive a crash involving only themselves. Now plow into it with something like those passenger cars in that same picture. Zero survivability. Guess I am getting old.
I 100% agree. I am only considering it because I live close enough to downtown, that I could drive a golf cart, except for the 1/2 mile of 55mph road. That and being able to to ride some of the forest roads in wnc.

Got my tag Wednesday. I had a few hoops to jump through but not that bad. Gonna be fun cruising around town and on the 2 mile commute to work. Insurnce was $232 for a year.
Do you mind sharing what they charged you for registration? I have seen numbers all over the place.

My tags with sales tax on a vehicle that I have owned for over 10 years was $130.

If you have a solid proof of ownership then it won't be that bad. You need proof of ownership, proof of insurance, the mvr form filled out and a NC safety inspection just like a car.

Here is the form: https://www.ncdot.gov/dmv/downloads/Documents/MVR-59.pdf

Here are the requirements:

• Headlamps
  • Parking brakes
  • Rear view mirrors
  • Reflex reflectors
  • Seat belts
  • A speedometer
  • Stop lamps
  • Turn signal lamps
  • Vehicle identification number (VIN)
  • A windshield with wipers or helmets for all passengers
I put a horn on mine because it came with the street legal kit that I bought. I also put a tag mount and light on it.

Yeah I tagged mine. 150 bucks. Did need a mco, and bill of sale, proof of insurance.. the dealer sent my mco to me.. I wouldn't say it was easy but wasn't that hard

I registered my 2014 RZR here in Pender County.
You need the MVR form filled out, MCO - acts like a title, and state safety inspection, and I think maybe a bill of sale but I don't remember on that.
MCO is fairly easy to get at least through Polaris. If you at least have a bill of sale, you contact your local dealer and tell them you need the MCO reassigned to your name/address. They enter the information into their system, then from there you have to call Polaris Corporate and tell them you need a duplicate MCO. Now that is got your address in their system it will come to you. You take that along with the MVR form posted previously, and you can fill that out yourself as it says dealer, shop or 'Person involved in modifying vehicles', so you just attest that it has all needed safety items and that you are a 'Person involved in modification of vehicles' and sign that form to bring with you.

Back