T&W Trailers Pictures?

DSM Turbos

Does anybody have any pics of their trailers from T&W? Called them up and the prices can't be beat (around $1900 for a 16'). He is about 3 hours away from me though so I am wondering if anybody on here has any pics of theirs? I looked at a local trailer that the trailer shop said was great and all, but it turned out that the frame was crap and the tongue support didn't go any farther than the very connection to the main deck of the trailer.

Trailer shopping.... leonard trailers? opinions needed

I posted numerous T&W pics in there

The only thing I don't like is that they used 12' boards on a 18' trailer and didn't stagger the seams. Minor issue.

Add more stake pockets and a rub rail. I wish I had

Damn, thats pretty nice. Did you just get the basic trailer that they sell?

Looking at one tomorrow locally I think that might be decent also.

@shawn glad I could disappoint.

I upgraded to 18' and added removable fenders, LED lights, 2 5/16" ball, brakes both axles, 16" wheels, and 5,000 lb axles and a winch mount.

I added the winch and the tool box myself.

I upgraded to 18' and added removable fenders, LED lights, 2 5/16" ball, brakes both axles, 16" wheels, and 5,000 lb axles and a winch mount.

I added the winch and the tool box myself.

Cool, so the frame design/strength was my main concern. Looked at one with a crap frame today.

I got mine with the 7,000 lb frame and upgraded the axles, brakes, and wheels/tires for better longevity and reliability on long trips. I hate changing tires on wheeling trips

I have several friends who have these trailers. all are happy with them. two also got the 7K trailer frame(lighter) with the 5K axles(reliability) they also had the bed extended in width to almost as wide as the fenders(drive over fenders)
***Note** specify where and how many tie down points. Or you'll only get a couple in the front.
If I were to buy one today, it would be one from T&W trailers.

Yeah I only got 2 tie downs on the back. Slight overlook on my end for not asking about them.

That is why I recommend a rub rail as it gives multiple tie down options for whatever you use the trailer for.

Where are you finding them? Looking for a 24-28, but not finding anything.

Craigslist/searchtempest mostly. The one yesterday was at a trailer dealer on trying and 401. The other one I was going to look at locally was just a guy that brings them back from one of the mfgs

Mine is a T & W and I have worked the hell out of it for about 5 years now. No complaints whatsoever.
IMG_0523.jpg

It just makes sense. Tell Warren it's for a rock crawler and it is pretty much a standard upgrade that he does. :D

I told him basically what you got on yours. He was kind of short on the phone when I have spoken to him but it looks like he does a damn nice job on them. He said standard he does a 4' dove on them but I think I am going to have him just do a 2' on it for me. I don't want a full flat trailer for when I pull cars.

He is always short on the phone. But is really nice. Seems he stays pretty busy.

For the price it's hard to beat. I wouldn't even try to make my own trailer for what he charges. It's just not worth it. :)

My uncle has had two from T&W and he hauls them regularly from New Bern to Hickory with no issues. They look like nice, solid trailers.

I lucked out a few years back and snagged a Down to Earth 10k bumper pull for 1500 bucks. It had been built with 8 lug, 7k axles under it too. I just wish it was a few feet longer and had a neck in the shape of a goose :rolleyes:

He has a very dedicated crew and system for building. They have improved over the years. I have an older gooseneck from them. You get what you pay for and insist on axles and options, or you will get the bare basic on all of the above. I have repaired a few units from T and W but all where overloaded angle built landscape units. His "workers" are paid on quantity so you'll get squirt gun quality. Most trailer manufactures work this way. But again it has improved. I know of only one catastrophic failure of a neck busting out on one unit, but it to was overloaded and abused most of its life. You absolutely cannot fab what he builds at his price point. All of his materials are delivered by the tractor trailer load. Trust me I have tried every way possible to wrangle prices anywhere close to his on complete builds. An old coworker and veteran metal fabricator like myself bought his last couple units from him and I would do the same.

1008152027.jpg
A. T and W doin light work, probably 8 to 12 years old. I bought it used and the axles got up grades. Previous owner ruined the lighter pair hauling way to much equipment. No frame or structure failures in mine and it's been worked hard. Easily carries my 48 hp industrial massey with permanent front and loader. 16 ft. Plus dovetail.

We have 2 T&W trailers. We have done many repairs and upgrades to them to make them last. I would recommend a Kaufman, PJ, or something of that nature. Just the quality alone is worth the extra. Now on another note unless something has changed the T&W trailers are considered home built trailers and you have to stamp the vin into it and apply for the title and all that way.

We have 2 T&W trailers. We have done many repairs and upgrades to them to make them last. I would recommend a Kaufman, PJ, or something of that nature. Just the quality alone is worth the extra. Now on another note unless something has changed the T&W trailers are considered home built trailers and you have to stamp the vin into it and apply for the title and all that way.

Nothing has changed with the title and stamp, but that was really easy and cheap to do.

If you get the VIN while they are building, they will stamp it for you. They even have regular use of the local DMV for the title and it is a pretty seamless process

Where we ran into trouble was the trailer didn't have the plate with all the information on it saying what the trailer was rated for as far as with the DMV. Now as far as the repairs they started with the first trip out a leaf pack broke and messed up the axle, tire, and fender. Second, third, and fourth time a spindle broke off so we replaced with actual Dexter Axles which was what they were supposed to be to begin with but however was not. All in between these were a couple broke off leaf spring shackle mounts broken neck on the gooseneck and trailer frame. The last repair just a month or so ago on one was a new frame support to keep the trailer form breaking. Now we used those trailers pretty much every day until we bought a Kaufman and now that we have a Kaufman there is no comparison to the trailers at the end of the day you get what you pay for. T&W uses the cheapest Axles Tires and metal they can put into a trailer to get it out that is just our experience with them but I know there is a lot of their trailers out there.

This is my 18' T&W 14k trailer after ten years of abuse. In that ten years I crushed a fender and replaced it, drug the landing gear completely off about, boards did finally did rot bad enough I couldn't hardly haul anything on it, and it did survive a wreck one time. All this was my fault.
Things that wasn't my fault was jerking a couple standards off clean because they weren't burnt in hot enough and a ramp pretty much breaking off going down the interstate at two o'clock in the morning. Other than the weak ramp mounts I've really had no gripes about mine.
IMG_20150730_115346549.jpg
IMG_20150730_115334513_HDR.jpg

Back