That moment when...

Several years ago, when I still did the Facebook thing, i saw that my best friend from 5th-6th grade who moved when we were 13 had become a woman. I hadn't spoken to them in 20 plus year, but from what I saw on facebook she (now) seemed to be very happy.

I spent almost a week trying to come up with a message saying I was glad to see she seemed happy and hoped all was well. I to this day feel bad that I couldn't come up with something to say, without mentioning the very judgmental upbringing that may have caused them to feel unacceptable for so many years.

I guess that's the price I must pay for growing up as a very sheltered child in a small town......

I keep up with exactly 3 people from my graduating class. All are normal.

You know that means you're the weird one, right?

You either have nothing in common, you weren't friends then so why now or you're an asshole
Like I told my kids when they started getting sad before graduation:
"You will likely never see any of these people again. You were friends because geography forced you to form relationships with people you have little in common with to survive. As an adult you will find like-minded folks with common interests and realize what friendships are all about. Stop sweating these fake/forced bonds that are as strong as the glue on a post it note"

The first 2 have come back to confirm my advice. My youngest is in this state right now graduating in June

I personally am still close friends with about 9 people from my graduating class of 477 students. 3 of whom I had known since 2nd grade

My wife has ZERO contact with anyone she ever went to s hool with

Oh, and we had a black cross dresser and a gay white boy back in school. No idea if any others switched it up after school

Several years ago, when I still did the Facebook thing, i saw that my best friend from 5th-6th grade who moved when we were 13 had become a woman. I hadn't spoken to them in 20 plus year, but from what I saw on facebook she (now) seemed to be very happy.

I spent almost a week trying to come up with a message saying I was glad to see she seemed happy and hoped all was well. I to this day feel bad that I couldn't come up with something to say, without mentioning the very judgmental upbringing that may have caused them to feel unacceptable for so many years.

I guess that's the price I must pay for growing up as a very sheltered child in a small town......
Nice tits would have broken the ice.

You know that means you're the weird one, right?
Haha.

2 were friends all through my life and are 2 of the folks I could call for anything. One is a woman who was a friend in high school and now one of my wife’s best friends.

My circle of trust is small, and these folks are in it.

Back