The 2nd annual get together 9/18/21

Damn who pushed @jeepinmatt 's pile out there for that poser shot

A rough estimate on the money raised is about $3500!!!! You guys are amazing. So generous, and mind blowing. What a great community we have here.
We sold so many raffle tickets. Some cool stuff was given away, and auctioned off. There were many folks who were very, very generous. Thank you all so much.

I think we had a great turn out!

Man we had a ball! @XJsavage and @Paul is always good to hang with. And @UTfball68 is pretty cool, tutu and all :D

20210918_112637.jpg

20210918_140703.jpg

20210918_140704.jpg

20210918_151936.jpg

20210918_151950.jpg

20210918_160425.jpg
20210918_162251.jpg

20210918_162256.jpg

I am packing up to roll out. I’m gonna take the trash to the dumpster at the Outpost.

Please make sure all trash is cleaned up and it would be helpful if it could be taken to the dumpster at the Outpost

I do not think we will be able to have this again at this property. There was some discussion about next years, and having it at The Ranch in Canvas, WV.

I realize that would exclude some people, but may appeal to other as well. The Ranch offers so much, and they would not care about the mini bike shenanigans, drag racing or anything.
I got a couple talking to’s about that this weekend. So we may want to gracefully bow out now and pick another venue.

Some things to consider:
The Ranch has many many cabins
40 RV sites with power and water.
Lots of camping.
A massive banquet hall/bar.
A massive horse arena we could hang in if it rained.
Incredible wheeling, never leave the property.
Restaurant.
Large Playground for kids
Short course race track at our disposal.

I think if we planned it close to a year out and people would commit to going it would be amazing. I know that makes it hard for day trip people. But maybe consider staying, it would be well worth it.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I do not think we will be able to have this again at this property. There was some discussion about next years, and having it at The Ranch in Canvas, WV.

I realize that would exclude some people, but may appeal to other as well. The Ranch offers so much, and they would not care about the mini bike shenanigans, drag racing or anything.
I got a couple talking to’s about that this weekend. So we may want to gracefully bow out now and pick another venue.

Some things to consider:
Lots of camping.
Restaurant.

I think if we planned it close to a year out and people would commit to going it would be amazing. I know that makes it hard for day trip people. But maybe consider staying, it would be well worth it.

Thoughts?
I'm game. Gives me a year to have a better tow rig hopefully lol

Thoughts?

Initial thought for me, personally…it would have to be a different week(end). 18th/19th of September I have a niece’s bday and my anniversary to contend with. From a work standpoint, I’m hoping to have the operations problems lined out, so things aren’t so chaotic and I can plan to be off for more than a weekend.

Initial thought for me, personally…it would have to be a different week(end). 18th/19th of September I have a niece’s bday and my anniversary to contend with. From a work standpoint, I’m hoping to have the operations problems lined out, so things aren’t so chaotic and I can plan to be off for more than a weekend.

Yeab I would shoot for early October I think.

Some things to consider:
Lots of camping.
Restaurant.

Thoughts?
@77GreenMachine I can't thank you enough for all your efforts in organizing this event. And the generosity of this group is absolutely amazing! As long as we're not at the OBX for the dates planned next year, we plan to be there!

I do not think we will be able to have this again at this property….
Thoughts?
I really didn’t think anyone was overly rowdy or out of control this weekend (unless you guys went nuts Saturday night and I missed it) and I’m kinda surprised that you got a couple talking to’s about it.
I support moving it and will attend as long as I don’t have any work-related interference.

Some things to consider:
Lots of camping.
Restaurant.

Thoughts?

What was the problem? I never saw it get crazy. Like, even a little?

WV will likely rule us out, but I would still do what I can to come. A cabin for the weekend don't sound bad...

What was the problem? I never saw it get crazy. Like, even a little?

WV will likely rule us out, but I would still do what I can to come. A cabin for the weekend don't sound bad...

$150/night for a cabin.

As for the problem, I 100% agree that it didn’t get rowdy. But the drag racing and 3 wheeler riding he wasn’t a fan of. I think it’s just the whole if something happens and someone gets hurt. While it seemed tame to us, that property is mostly uses for church youth events and overlander type groups.

I can certainly see about doing it again next year there. But would like to hear consideration on The Ranch. It could be an event like you couldn’t imagine.

$150/night for a cabin.

As for the problem, I 100% agree that it didn’t get rowdy. But the drag racing and 3 wheeler riding he wasn’t a fan of. I think it’s just the whole if something happens and someone gets hurt. While it seemed tame to us, that property is mostly uses for church youth events and overlander type groups.

I can certainly see about doing it again next year there. But would like to hear consideration on The Ranch. It could be an event like you couldn’t imagine.
I don't recall ANY drag racing 🤷‍♂️ In for the ranch too.

$150/night for a cabin.

Hmmm.... not too expensive really.

Eh, I guess I can see that. Like you say, seems tame to us, but some would consider even getting IN a buggy crazy, so...

Nothing broke and no casualties. Except the loss of Kyle’s shoe. RIP.

We don’t know what happened to it, but at 6:45am this morning I stepped out of my camper to find @72Rockcruiser wandering around looking for it :laughing:

Back