The Grocery Budget Challenge

Different HTs have different prices. In any case, the days of us spending $50/wk on groceries are long gone. It's more likely to be about $200/wk even with Cyd being a superstar shopper. That number has been creeping up from about $150 earlier this year.

Including our monthly run to the butcher shop, we were consistently averaging about $250/wk…including diapers and wipes from Amazon. Over the last quarter, we’re knocking on $300/wk. Wasn’t that long ago we were at $150/wk +/- $50.

We gave up the horizon milk a few years ago. Wife always bought the omega 3 version for the kids.

Yeah…’fancy milk’ happened some time around the time kids started showing up in my house. Started with Fairlife for some reason, and switched to Horizon a couple years ago. I’m not a fan of the Omega…has a weird bitter taste to me…but I do think the stuff I posted is better than the standard plastic jug stuff.

Yeah…’fancy milk’ happened some time around the time kids started showing up in my house. Started with Fairlife for some reason, and switched to Horizon a couple years ago. I’m not a fan of the Omega…has a weird bitter taste to me…but I do think the stuff I posted is better than the standard plastic jug stuff.
I never drank it, agree it had a weird taste. We always had the cartons of horizon and a .5 gal of store brand 2%.

My rough estimate is that the dollar has been devalued about 40pct in the last year.
I'm thinking closer to 50% but it's hard to say and we're definitely in the same rough order of magnitude. 5% is a lie to keep the peasants happy. To keep on topic, it's like labeling milk "whole" instead of 3% :laughing:

Back