The Money Pit- Lockedup5's YJ on Tons-- Updated Phase Two 2016-- 6.0 swap!!!

I weighed this thing today and it weighed 4850 lbs. Don't really know if that's good or bad. Seems like that's about the norm. I had a before weight just need to find that weigh ticket.

I played with it some this evening and to me the power is unreal. It's defiately going to take some getting used to so I don't hurt myself.

Also installed my front two new links. They look a lot better being bigger proportion wise to the jeep. I also won't have to worry so much about breaking a heim joint.
I woulda had the rears installed but they are about a half inch to long. I will have them turned down some in the morning and have them on tomorrow. I want it to be the exact same other wise my ORIs will hit the frame where it is frenched and I definitely don't want to have to re do that.

IMG_20160512_241140708.jpg

Awesome. So what was the issue that's finally solved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad Aaron got it fixed up... not sure what the codes are that it is setting, but Id wheel it some and work the kinks out. Maybe at some point then you can take it back or do some data logging to get everything fine tuned.

Glad Aaron got it fixed up... not sure what the codes are that it is setting, but Id wheel it some and work the kinks out. Maybe at some point then you can take it back or do some data logging to get everything fine tuned.

We done some data logging he was pleased w most everything.
-B1s1, b2s1heater circuit codes
-B1 lean
-IAM circuit high

Codes are showing permanent for some reason.
He richened it up to correct the fuel trims
And as far as IAM the intake is sitting right above the headers so that may be that problem.

May end up putting it on the Dyno at some point or log it with broad band(?) sensors to get some better readings.

The 02 sensor heaters could be one of two things....a fuse.... or you just need new 02 sensors.

By IAM, I'm guessing you mean IAT. That would definitely be caused by the location of your air intake. When it sucks in hot air it pulls a lot of timing. You could also get the tuner to check the IAT tables in the tune. Somehow mine were way off from what they should be and was registering intake temps at 140* and up!

I would suggest getting some data logs with a wideband hooked up. Without it, you're basically pissing in the wind. Knowing your AFR will be the tell tale of any other issues.

Last edited:
Dyno tuning can for sure help to make the most power. Aaron has commented before that data logging while riding offroad can get the tune better for the application vs just tuning for power on the dyno. Either is worth your time/money.

Well I took the jeep to the Flats this past weekend and I was extremely happy with every upgrade I've done the last few months.

-The kids love their new seat and harnesses cause now they get to hit most of the hard stuff now that they couldn't before.
-The little LED light I added worked out great. It's just enough light to see good but not enough to blind everyone within 300 ft of the jeep.
-The RCVs and larger links /heims just set my mind at ease.
-The engine was phenomenal. The power and quickness is almost scary at this point. It is definitely going to take some seat time to really get used to it. I never once had a shortage of power.
-The transmission performed great! I was really worried during this build that my gearing was going to be to high but I was wrong I'm happy to report. As of right now I think the gearing is spot on. I wheeled mostly in second gear allowing it to change gears because first is to low unless I'm just slow crawling. I'm also happy I chose normal shift pattern and valve body.

So after wheeling it three days at this point I can honestly say I wouldn't change a thing about the decisions I've made this far. I guess doing my homework has really paid off.

I'd like to share some videos but don't know how to get them off FB on to here. If interested check out my FB page.

Back