The Money Pit- Lockedup5's YJ on Tons-- Updated Phase Two 2016-- 6.0 swap!!!

Oh, I didn't realize it was that new. This won't have a seperate TAC module. Like the LS3s, the ecu controls the throttle. It very well may be in the tune if they accidently messed with the wrong throttle opening settings, it could also be a wiring issue (not likely unless something got pinched or damaged during installation) Sounds like somewhat of an odd issue, the diagnostics would most likely be fairly simple if it was all right in front of them and they could take a couple data logs.

Oh, I didn't realize it was that new. This won't have a seperate TAC module. Like the LS3s, the ecu controls the throttle. It very well may be in the tune if they accidently messed with the wrong throttle opening settings, it could also be a wiring issue (not likely unless something got pinched or damaged during installation) Sounds like somewhat of an odd issue, the diagnostics would most likely be fairly simple if it was all right in front of them and they could take a couple data logs.

Sure hope it's simple. I'm ready to wheel!!!!

Yes, gen 4, throttle mod built into ecm. I deal with salvage yards daily. I've bought numerous gen 3/4 motors. Most large yards disassemble on arrival, tag, then inventory. Then sell parts by application compliance, not by giving matching Vin units.

Matt

Yes, gen 4, throttle mod built into ecm. I deal with salvage yards daily. I've bought numerous gen 3/4 motors. Most large yards disassemble on arrival, tag, then inventory. Then sell parts by application compliance, not by giving matching Vin units.

Matt

So if I am understanding you right here, there is a possibility that the ECM and wiring harness, pedal are from different vehicles?

Matt

You're saying good chance they don't match?
Everything was zip tied to the engine. Harness, pedal, MAF, everything.

The place I bought it isn't exactly a salvage yard. They sell rebuildable wrecked vehicles. The way they explained it to me is some cars they get in are deemed unrebuildable and I'm pretty sure they only pull the engine and tranny and sell the rest complete maybe to true salvage yards. In the buildings I walked in I never seen any other parts on shelves and they won't sell any parts off the cars in the yard.
I will call and double check though.

Yes, very possible. Gen 3 is not so problematic. My gen 4 ls2 from a vette will use any pedal with the same Gm 8 digit part number. I will say I'm not familiar with the other dbw throttle assembles.

Last gen 3 motor I bought from a large yard and great customer of mine, I picked from the motor shed, they pulled corresponding application units for maf, accessories, computer, manifolds, flywheel. Not one tag on any of the 10 or so parts in the group shared the same Vin, only application.

Matt

They had only two 6.0 engines in inventory and every engine there was packaged just like this one. Like I said though I'll call and ask if they mix parts ever to make sure.

In the mean time I got my new links built. 2-1/4" 7075 w/ 1-1/4" heims.
A wise man once told me if you polish you links and put tire shine on your tires it will crawl better. Guess we will see. Reminds me I need to buy tire shine tomorrow
I figure if it won't run right might as well make it purdy.

The far left piece is for comparison. The pic still doesn't show the polish real well.
BTW the far left piece is for sale. 2-1/4" 7075. About 30" long.

IMG_20160510_224226827.jpg

IMG_20160510_213610905.jpg

Well what sey yah, does it run or not
HELL YES it runs!!!! This thing is wicked now!
Throttle response is quick as hell and any thing over 5k rpms you better hold on.

Still have a few codes coming up but he richened it up a little more and said go wheel the crap out of it.

It's time to try it out now! I'm frigging excited.

I know I may be aLittle over excited for some of you seasoned LS guys but to more than double the HP in my jeep I been wheeling two years is awesome.

Last edited:
HELL YES it runs!!!! This thing is wicked now!
Throttle response is quick as hell and any thing over 5k rpms you better hold on.

Still have a few codes coming up but he richened it up a little more and said go wheel the crap out of it.

It's time to try it out now! I'm frigging excited.

I know I may be aLittle over excited for some of you seasoned LS guys but to more than double the HP in my jeep I been wheeling two years is awesome.

Once you go ls you never go back, glad they got you going, it's not a crawler anymore, you will love the skinny pedal more now than ever

Awesome. Now drag that thing up to Harlan next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah no club. Just a group of friends. CTB going in August. I was gonna try to make it, but I just got too much going on. Don't know how much fun an XJ on 31s would be in Harlan anyway, I'm just a passenger this trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back