The Never Tight TJ Build

Whoa. What happens when you tune away the cats and add a 7k redline?

Honestly I have no idea if just disabling the rear o2's will work, GM ecu you can just disable the actual codes related to the rear o2's and you're good. Now if I put the redline at 7K the 4.0 would valve float way before that anyway.

Honestly I have no idea if just disabling the rear o2's will work, GM ecu you can just disable the actual codes related to the rear o2's and you're good. Now if I put the redline at 7K the 4.0 would valve float way before that anyway.
As long as the rear O2s don't fluctuate, I don't see an issue. When the PCM sees their signal mimick the upstream signal(s), you get the cel. I've "heard" you can raise the sensors out of the exhaust stream a bit and get a steady signal

As long as the rear O2s don't fluctuate, I don't see an issue. When the PCM sees their signal mimick the upstream signal(s), you get the cel. I've "heard" you can raise the sensors out of the exhaust stream a bit and get a steady signal
Assuming disabling them in the tune doesn't work then I plan to install a "lift kit" for them in the exhaust stream.

Assuming disabling them in the tune doesn't work then I plan to install a "lift kit" for them in the exhaust stream.

Disabling them in the tune works. Umm...so I've heard. Hypothetically, of course.

Even though my truck actually does have cats. I still don't run rear O2s because I moved the cats back a few feet and didn't feel like extending the wires or buying two more O2 bungs to weld in the pipe.

There's another screen with the full list of OBD codes where you can disable literally anything. I also had to turn off the EGR since the intake I'm using didn't have a provision for it and 99-02 trucks had EGR. For some reason, 03-07 didn't from what I've seen. All standard federal emissions.

Disabling them in the tune works. Umm...so I've heard. Hypothetically, of course.

Even though my truck actually does have cats. I still don't run rear O2s because I moved the cats back a few feet and didn't feel like extending the wires or buying two more O2 bungs to weld in the pipe.

There's another screen with the full list of OBD codes where you can disable literally anything. I also had to turn off the EGR since the intake I'm using didn't have a provision for it and 99-02 trucks had EGR. For some reason, 03-07 didn't from what I've seen. All standard federal emissions.
In the GM ecu yes, but this Jeep one does not have nearly as many codes in the Diag tab. It's weird how it's setup compared to the GM stuff, if you get curious I can email over the file. Gonna take me a few mins to figure out how to tune this thing. Also need to make sure I can just disable the skim module so I don't have have a key programed for a spare.

She's back 😎
20221229_164932.jpg

Dropping into to Wolverine

Then somewhere between there and dark there were some poor decisions made 🤷🏽‍♂️ Ended up on Jigsaw and I finally found the limit of how bent a 1" JJ can be before it breaks.
20221229_174915.jpg

@CasterTroy and @rcalexander105 I think may have a few more pics. Got dumb lucky, that I let out when I heard the driveshaft hit the floor 🤣

After a quick assessment I decided to say fuck it and left that bitch in the woods overnight and came back the next morning. Got the link out and pulled the slip off the driveshaft. @tobaccoroad4wd was running to town and picked me up a new 1330 joint while we got a spare joint installed on the link. Couple of hours later after laying under the rig and some trickery she was fixed and ready to wheel again. Still shocked that all it took to fix it was a spare JJ, ujoint and strap kit.

20221230_111243.jpg

20221230_112637.jpg

20221230_125221.jpg

I didn't take many pics so the rest are randoms but this weekend was a blast and I'm beyond happy to be back in the rig that I really cut my teeth in. Although my driving skills have severely diminished 🤣

20221230_162131.jpg

@Joe J. Over at Jimmy Hoffa's Playground.

20221230_223030.jpg

Not much to see but Joe let me night wheel his rig while he and @DannyH rode passenger and we straight up made that place our bitch while doing some cool shit.

20221231_232944.jpg

@Hoodw!nk went and got the tow rig all sorts of stuck in wet grass. Kyle was kind enough to winch us out with his PCR buggy.

Made it back home today, spent an hour pressure washing everything (truck, trailer and Jeep) and still aint done but it's a lot better than it was.
20230101_195856.jpg

20230101_210806.jpg

Looking forward to all the wheeling we've got planned for this year. Been way too long since I've been on the trails. Need to get some new lowers built with 1-1/4" heims before the next ride.

View attachment 388638It was “safe enough” to make the repair.
Not to often you find yourself laying under a rig and tell somebody to bump the winch out 🤣 Worked out, not sure there would've been a better way to get that done.

Back