The #nopayment and I'm financially irresponsible Tow Rig

I happen to have an intercooler sitting around...when we doing this? Although, most setups come with water to water aftercoolers these days. A TVS2300 would look right at home all up in there. Then you can overdrive it with the rear pulleys and run a cog gear setup to get that extra whine.

I love spending other people's money.
Now we’re making progress! It’s going to be a towing beast!

It's gunna need some power.

Flatbeds aren't light and neither are 05+ Super Duty Dana 60s. I can build the transfer case. @Chris_Keziah can do the easy part and pay for everything.

I happen to have an intercooler sitting around...when we doing this? Although, most setups come with water to water aftercoolers these days. A TVS2300 would look right at home all up in there. Then you can overdrive it with the rear pulleys and run a cog gear setup to get that extra whine.

I love spending other people's money.
Air to water would be nice but much less to go wrong with air to air. Plus the dmax should be more than efficient enough to drop air temps. If not there's always water/ meth.

I was considering underhood space. The brackets and piping of a ProCharger take up a LOT of room. Makes seemingly simple tasks a lot more aggravating.

You're right though...and F1 with a Duramax intercooler would be pretty sweeeet!

You know they didn't make 20 gallon tanks...right? 99-07 classics had 26 gallons for short beds and 34 for long beds. 07.5+, don't remember exactly, but nothing that small.

Sounds like the suburbans with 38 gallon tanks that are empty at 33....

A lot of Duramax guys swear they have an 18-20 gallon tank. They just scaled the fuel gauges so your average idiot wouldn't run them out of fuel. They're a pain to bleed with the factory fuel system setup.

Of course, it all depends on how much fuel it can actually draw out of the tank.

You know they didn't make 20 gallon tanks...right? 99-07 classics had 26 gallons for short beds and 34 for long beds. 07.5+, don't remember exactly, but nothing that small.
I owned it for 3-4 years and never was able to put more than 20.0+/- in it ever! Maybe the guage was off but when the truck was on E I filled it!

Love the truck and the freedom!

If I were looking at a bed for a single wheel shortbed truck, I'd look and the Hillsboro 2000 series aluminum bed. Super affordable for an aluminum bed. I have a steel bed and would love to have an aluminum.
There was an aluminum bed FS on FB MP recently.

You should definitely buy this one, but I'm a little biased.
(And it won't fit without some pretty major modification)

You should definitely buy this one, but I'm a little biased.
Can't imagine why your bias. Nice bed though.

A gallon and a half spread over the bottom of that big ass tank isn't very deep!

You may be well on your way to becoming more financially responsible, but you should stick to welding cuz spelling ain't your thing (let your wife edit your social posts before posting) :flipoff2:

1612051461380.png

Finic-ally. Like can’t stop finicking with stuffs??
The more I read the title to this thread the worse it gets. 😂

For some reason, my brain read "The #nopayment and I'm financially responsible" but now I see it says he's financially irresponsible so b/t the bourbon, the kids driving me nuckinfuts and reading this I feel fairly sideways and cornfused about now.

Back