The #nopayment and I'm financially irresponsible Tow Rig

Well got a bit of maintenance done tonight. Really refreshing changing a set of plugs in a proper v8. Oil change, plugs, wires, ac tensioner, fixed tow haul mode (temporarily permanent), and installed the prodigy p3 brake controller.
20210201_213834.jpg

20210201_220806.jpg

20210201_221402.jpg

20210201_210051.jpg

Got a shot of little man hooking up @Joe J. trailer to bring his Jeep over to the house as a rental :D
20210130_142721.jpg

Attachments

• 20210201_213834.jpg
    20210201_213834.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 159
  • 20210201_210051.jpg
    20210201_210051.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 165
  • 20210201_220806.jpg
    20210201_220806.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 163
Well truck did good on the tow to Harlan. Used lots of 3rd gear and more 2nd than I thought but I'm used to running diesel speeds so I likely was pushing her more than most would. Avg anywhere from 7.6 mpg all the way up to 9.9 mpg on the last leg.
20210207_055752.jpg

Also Speed Engineering finally has the exhaust back in stock which is a good thing. Managed to blow a hole in the stocker after pulling Fancy Gap at all the rpms. This will likely be WAY too loud for towing but we'll see, easy enough to add a resonator with the mufflers in the kit. 1-7/8" long tubes and dual 3" with an x should make this 6.0 scream. I is excited :D

speed_engineering_25-1012_1.jpg

speed_engineering_25-1006_07_04.jpg

Anyone else still waiting for the irresponsibility to happen or is it just me? All I've seen is maintenance this, normal use that, responsible things...

Do a burnout or something cool....:D :flipoff2:

Anyone else still waiting for the irresponsibility to happen or is it just me? All I've seen is maintenance this, normal use that, responsible things...

Do a burnout or something cool....:D :flipoff2:
Patience is key here unless parts are donated :flipoff2: need to swap in a limited slip so it can actually do a respectable burn out. I did do a killer rolling burn out the other day leaving work, but it was wet.

I'm sure you could find somebody that would willingly give you a G80. That would totally prove the irresponsibility part!

Honestly, not sure what I'd put in it for a limited slip. True Trac maybe? I hate clutches, but it doesn't need a full locker no matter how tempting it is with an open 14 bolt carrier.

Also, may I suggest a full set of PowerStop rotors, Z36 carbon ceramic pads, and a 2011 Duramax hydroboost. I've never had a setup that stopped any better! The rotors won't glaze for a LONG time and hell, when they do, they still stop great. Totally worth it and not very expensive.

A spool would be cooler....
Maybe 10 years ago it would be.
I'm sure you could find somebody that would willingly give you a G80. That would totally prove the irresponsibility part!

Honestly, not sure what I'd put in it for a limited slip. True Trac maybe? I hate clutches, but it doesn't need a full locker no matter how tempting it is with an open 14 bolt carrier.

Also, may I suggest a full set of PowerStop rotors, Z36 carbon ceramic pads, and a 2011 Duramax hydroboost. I've never had a setup that stopped any better! The rotors won't glaze for a LONG time and hell, when they do, they still stop great. Totally worth it and not very expensive.
Well I do have a G80 in my shop in the 14 bolt slated for the Jeep. If it looks decent I'll toss it in. Cheaper than a True Trac.

Well truck did good on the tow to Harlan. Used lots of 3rd gear and more 2nd than I thought but I'm used to running diesel speeds so I likely was pushing her more than most would. Avg anywhere from 7.6 mpg all the way up to 9.9 mpg on the last leg.
View attachment 337997

Also Speed Engineering finally has the exhaust back in stock which is a good thing. Managed to blow a hole in the stocker after pulling Fancy Gap at all the rpms. This will likely be WAY too loud for towing but we'll see, easy enough to add a resonator with the mufflers in the kit. 1-7/8" long tubes and dual 3" with an x should make this 6.0 scream. I is excited :D

View attachment 337998
View attachment 337999

It's gonna be loud when towing. Like REALLY loud.

It's gonna be loud when towing. Like REALLY loud.
Yeah, good thing is it'll be a few months before I'm towing on any long trips. Need to pick out some resonators to go in at some point. Truthfully doubt it'll be worse than the V10 I had. @CasterTroy @77GreenMachine and all of Harlan remembers how loud that truck was.

Yeah, good thing is it'll be a few months before I'm towing on any long trips. Need to pick out some resonators to go in at some point. Truthfully doubt it'll be worse than the V10 I had. @CasterTroy @77GreenMachine and all of Harlan remembers how loud that truck was.
I was a V10 owner myself. Installed the bigger Y pipe and added a 3" Magnaflow cat back.
Was a bit raspy no doubt

I'm slightly jealous of them there headers.

Back