The proud parent thread.

I couldn’t be more proud of this young man. Dropped him off to start college at Duke this morning. Valedictorian in HS, graduated 2 weeks ago and never missed a day of class in 4 years. Very different interests than me but a Heart of gold always putting others first. Clearly genetics come from the mother. He earned the opportunity, now the rest is up to him. Go Benny boy!!!!

View attachment 323413 View attachment 323414
Very nice, Congrats!

My daughter is a senior and Duke is one of the schools she is looking at.

She asked earlier in the day if we could wash my truck. Didn’t have time for that, so I think she hatched a plan in the drive-thru. Somehow a pile of waffle fry crumbs ended up in the floor and she was quick to remind me that should could use my outside vacuum to get them. I think she really just wants to wear the ear muffs.

69745C32-F5A5-420A-B6AB-00BD8B137A86.jpeg

It’s become a bit of a night time routine to talk about gun safety, proper firearm handling, identifying different actions and cleaning guns. She likes looking through red dots and pulling bolts out. She wanted to clean tonight, I wasn’t feeling it, so asked if she wanted to try to disassemble. I told her to have at it and I figured there was no way in hell her fingers were strong enough...

View attachment 322981
View attachment 322979

View attachment 322980
View attachment 322978
This is awesome. I hope in a few years, this will be my daughter. I am looking forward to hopefully having a shooting buddy to go to the range with me.

This is awesome. I hope in a few years, this will be my daughter. I am looking forward to hopefully having a shooting buddy to go to the range with me.

It is super cool. We've been doing the basics pretty heavy for about 6 months now. Before we go in to the gun room, I make her recite the 4 rules of gun safety and then my personal house rules. Next spring/summer she'll be 4 and is getting amped up because I have a little youth marlin single shot iron sighted .22 that she'll get started shooting. My not-quite-2-year old started getting curious about 2-3 months ago, so she's been sitting on my lap as I mount scopes/build lowers/clean/etc. She can barely talk yet, much less recite rules...so she's probably 2+ years out before she hits the range.

For me, it's one of those things where I don't particularly care if they ever touch a firearm again...but they will be educated about it

It is super cool. We've been doing the basics pretty heavy for about 6 months now. Before we go in to the gun room, I make her recite the 4 rules of gun safety and then my personal house rules. Next spring/summer she'll be 4 and is getting amped up because I have a little youth marlin single shot iron sighted .22 that she'll get started shooting. My not-quite-2-year old started getting curious about 2-3 months ago, so she's been sitting on my lap as I mount scopes/build lowers/clean/etc. She can barely talk yet, much less recite rules...so she's probably 2+ years out before she hits the range.

For me, it's one of those things where I don't particularly care if they ever touch a firearm again...but they will be educated about it
My daughter is 2 and I am trying to get her to realize what a gun actually is and let her know like other things in the house, that they can be dangerous. She knows about knives, since I am always flipping one while watching TV or whatever I'm doing and she understands that they are sharp.

I am looking to build her a little .22 rifle at some point and let that be a Birthday present in a couple of years.

Oldest asked if she could practice counting...thought she meant in the play room or the office. The 3 year old worked on 1-50 and the 2 year old worked on 1-15. Frankly, I don’t want them to become one dimensional and focused on one topic, but I liked the learning creativity.

952AFA31-93D8-4987-98B0-7F0094E7D1D7.jpeg
6B62384B-0D24-4955-8927-D598A4B7727F.jpeg
C83B3A13-97A8-449B-A3A4-D1603289EA4B.jpeg
AD0699A6-95EC-472E-997D-A4303906CF6F.jpeg

After having her field work postponed for 6 month due to the COVID crap, my youngest daughter found out today she passed her her board exam she took last Thursday! She is officially an Registered Occupational Therapist. So proud and there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

The other night when my wife and daughter got home, my daughter runs in and hugs me and then grabs my face, looks me in the eyes and says “ I love you dada” and I literally couldn’t say anything back to her right away because I was just so overwhelmed with emotion. She obviously has told me that before but this time it’s like she felt it and wanted me to know. One of the best moments of being a dad right there!

my wife also feels like our daughter (2 years old) likes me better than her even though I feel like I’m a bit stricter than my wife on things. Anytime she watches something on TV, she wants to sit with me or she wants me to take her to bed or come and wake her up in the mornings...

The other night when my wife and daughter got home, my daughter runs in and hugs me and then grabs my face, looks me in the eyes and says “ I love you dada” and I literally couldn’t say anything back to her right away because I was just so overwhelmed with emotion. She obviously has told me that before but this time it’s like she felt it and wanted me to know. One of the best moments of being a dad right there!

my wife also feels like our daughter (2 years old) likes me better than her even though I feel like I’m a bit stricter than my wife on things. Anytime she watches something on TV, she wants to sit with me or she wants me to take her to bed or come and wake her up in the mornings...
Little girls love their dad. It's ingrained into their DNA.

Normally, when our little girl does something bad, we make her apologize. Sometimes she will do it right away as soon as she does whatever it is, other times she has to get popped and sit in time out for a while before she will come around and say it. Had a little bit of a meltdown Friday night when she threw a pen at me and I made her pick it up and I told her to say "Sorry". She just would not say it. We would tell her that she had to say sorry, and she could get up from time out and everything would be ok, well she finally came around and wouldn't you know this morning, I was helping put on her coat and I accidentally hit the side of her face and she said "Ow, that hurt me" and I said " I didn't mean to" and she said " Now, say sorry"

I mumbled under my breath but at the same time, I was damn proud for her turning that right around on me like she did.

Alright I guess I'll get involved on this. My oldest daughter just found out she's been accepted to her first choice college. She will be attending Western Univ next fall for environmental science. I'm super proud of that girl.
Glad to hear your wife is smart! :p

Youngest got her DL today, went out on a solo drive and brought her jeep home a tad dirtier than before. I think she may have hit the mud hole beside the dirt road to the house. Nobody got stuck or died. That's a win.
I bought my twinns a 98 xj when they started to drive. After about a year or 2 of constant repairs I had to do I sold it and got them cars. He recently traded to get it back. I was like I'm not fixin your shit no more.... He was like no I'm going to treat her nice now. I missed her... I hope he is true to that.....

I bought my twinns a 98 xj when they started to drive. After about a year or 2 of constant repairs I had to do I sold it and got them cars. He recently traded to get it back. I was like I'm not fixin your shit no more.... He was like no I'm going to treat her nice now. I missed her... I hope he is true to that.....
Mine is willing to help wrench as long as she doesn't get too dirty lol. She did wash it though.

Mine is willing to help wrench as long as she doesn't get too dirty lol. She did wash it though.
Yep he was like that too except he got dirty. About 5 min in I was like gert the fuck out the way ill do it myself you're too slow.....

Back