The proud parent thread.

Yep he was like that too except he got dirty. About 5 min in I was like gert the fuck out the way ill do it myself you're too slow.....
I'm doing my best to be patient and teach. The oldest girl did help me pull the engine out of my cj 2 weeks ago. Spent the whole day helping. I went slow, was methodical and neat and explained every detail. She's not mechanically inclined but caught on, paid attention and we had the best day ever. I don't have boys so I have to take what I can get.

I'm doing my best to be patient and teach. The oldest girl did help me pull the engine out of my cj 2 weeks ago. Spent the whole day helping. I went slow, was methodical and neat and explained every detail. She's not mechanically inclined but caught on, paid attention and we had the best day ever. I don't have boys so I have to take what I can get.
I admire you for two things. One raising girls that want to work on cars and two for having the patience to teach them.... As I have gotten older, 52 now, I have gotten more patient with my boys. Any other kid I'd work with mine I loose it.....

I admire you for two things. One raising girls that want to work on cars and two for having the patience to teach them.... As I have gotten older, 52 now, I have gotten more patient with my boys. Any other kid I'd work with mine I loose it.....
Thanks. They don't really want to work on cars but I'm trying to at least stress the importance of knowing how they work and maybe how to do minor things. At 47 I'm getting patient enough to know not everything has to be done as fast as possible when I have help. When I'm wrenching by myself it's all business if I can keep my scattered self focused.

For my birthday, my son says we're going to build a classic arcade machine.
(I'm stoked but praying it doesn't become another head-butting exercise)

To signify it, he CAD designed this model from scratch, then 3d printed it.
Complete w little pac man and ghost, and Space Invaders sign on sides
20201221_185828.jpg
20201221_185836.jpg
20201221_185853.jpg

Munchkin is turning into quite the little helper. Was replacing the valve stem on my mini bike, and went to grab it. When I come back, he's all but hanging off the pry bar and growling at it lol.

20210216_184703.jpg

20210216_184710.jpg

We have been very lucky this year and my son has been in school full-time. He has played soccer, basketball and is now playing baseball.

At the beginning of the year he said he really wanted to play baseball. He has never played that before and with Covid etc a lot of batting cages were closed etc. So I told him we should throw some balls. Well he never did.

So fast forward to now and he is on the baseball team. I said what position does he want; he said he wanted to pitch. I was like buddy you have never played organized baseball before so just do your best.

Well I guess he did as we showed up to his first game and he is the pitcher. So here we go. First organized baseball team, first game ever, and he is the starting pitcher, and then on his first pitch he throws a strike. My jaw hit the ground. He struck out 4 kids in two innings.

I am so proud of the effort he has been putting in at school and at practice. His coach said he is working hard and doing whatever is needed.

Hope this season turns out to be great.

Taken twelve years apart
1617052361698.png

1617052387461.png

too bad Wifey didn't zoom ou ta little on #2 to get a matching angle (and show the yota has aged even worse than the boy)

Saturday, the wife, daughter, and I went out for a little bit and for some reason, Little girl was getting on both our nerves...full moon or something... or maybe it's just because she's 2 going on 14, but I was getting her out of the car and she just goes limp, making it difficult to get her out and then she wouldn't straighten out her legs, and then she wouldn't move out of the way so I could close the door, and I said " Little girl, I love you more than anything, but you are getting on my nerves" She's walking away from me and she stops, turns her head, squints her eyes at me and says " Dada, you getting on MY nerves" and then struts inside. I was hurt, proud, sad, shocked, and happy all at the same time.

My oldest had his 5 year checkup at the pediatrician, generally he's quick as a whip, and enjoys science shows of all kinds, which is a blessing and a curse.

So pediatrician is going through the cognitive questions and asks him "What is the super bright planet in the sky that lights up the earth during the day?"

He stands puzzled for a moment and turns to my wife "Mommy... I know what she wants me to say, but the Sun is not a Planet.. it's a Star."

That answer was deemed sufficient haha. He can also explain the difference between diesel and gas engines as well as why a turbo makes more power. He starts Kindergarten in the fall and was very excited about real school but wondered when they would teach Chemistry..

16 year old changed the rear pads and rotors, bled the brakes on the Pathfinder yesterday. Walked him through instructions on the first, one, he did the other while I did other stuff. Only tocuhed the car to the the pedal pumper.

1619442834256.png

1619442879929.png

David decided to go exploring.

20210501_193203.jpg

20210501_193345.jpg

20210501_193936.jpg

20210501_194740.jpg

When chickens are life but its just too hot for clothes, you put your boots on and get to work.

20210525_195620.jpg

Back