The proud parent thread.

Yeah, I'm really on the fence about doing that.
Right? I'm all about preparedness, but I'm also completely against the attention and normalizing it.

Daughter had her first day of Kindergarten and it went really well. Her teacher sent us updates throughout the day which was really nice and Calvary said she really enjoyed it and she wasn't scared at all and was excited to go back. I am beyond proud of how well she did. She didn't cry or hesitate or even ask questions as to why she had to go to a different school with new kids. I will say that it was very emotional. I tried to stay strong in front of her as I didn't want to give off any bad vibes or anything, but as I watched her walk away and then couldn't see her anymore, I just couldn't hold back. Today, was much better as I anticipate each day moving forward at will be.

Calvary's 1st Day.jpg

Yeah man, that’s a hard one. I can remember umpteen of my closest friend who had XYZ rifle, pistol, or shotgun depending on the season in the cab of their truck and laid across the back seat of their car. It really is just mind blowing.
I used to catch the school bus with my 12 gauge shot gun and get a ride to the head of the holler and get off and go hunting all day and if i got back in time i would catch it and get a ride back home in the evening with a bunch of squirrels. Done that for a few years.

I’ve pondered a security business thats strictly school security. I highly doubt the state reps would bite on it, but something completely separate from school resource officers. They can handle smoking in the bathroom, breaking up fights, and shitty parents. The private security would handle entrances, roving patrols, and active shooter scenarios God forbid. It would be hard to staff though. Getting the right people vetted and trained to a hostage rescue level would take a while. If people would vote to raise their property taxes by a few bucks state wide , it could potentially pay for it. I’m thinking big picture, every public school in the state. Private schools would have to up tuition to cover it I guess. Just some beer drinking, late night thoughts I do to myself.

I’ve pondered a security business thats strictly school security. I highly doubt the state reps would bite on it, but something completely separate from school resource officers. They can handle smoking in the bathroom, breaking up fights, and shitty parents. The private security would handle entrances, roving patrols, and active shooter scenarios God forbid. It would be hard to staff though. Getting the right people vetted and trained to a hostage rescue level would take a while. If people would vote to raise their property taxes by a few bucks state wide , it could potentially pay for it. I’m thinking big picture, every public school in the state. Private schools would have to up tuition to cover it I guess. Just some beer drinking, late night thoughts I do to myself.
I think this is a great idea. We had a guy a while back that had some sort of business that developed this film that would be installed on every window and window in every door that would keep the person trying to get through busy for about 3-4 minutes before they would be able to get through them. I'm guessing it didn't work out as I saw him after that and he no longer has the business.

I guess the problem is to is that sometimes the shooters are from within, so they are already in the school and have a blueprint to the active shooter drills.

I think this is a great idea. We had a guy a while back that had some sort of business that developed this film that would be installed on every window and window in every door that would keep the person trying to get through busy for about 3-4 minutes before they would be able to get through them. I'm guessing it didn't work out as I saw him after that and he no longer has the business.

I guess the problem is to is that sometimes the shooters are from within, so they are already in the school and have a blueprint to the active shooter drills.
You’re right. Inside threats are almost impossible to defend. Metal detectors at every entrance is a start, but turns into an inconvenience when kids are tardy and every bag and person gets searched. A few complaints and they get removed. Hostage rescue training along with breaching would be something each guy would have to be proficient at. We’d need trading facilities along with enough people to keep on work/training rotation. That’s not something you can train once a year on. I’m thinking at a minimum quarterly for a solid 5 days and at least a day every two weeks at the range. It would be expensive and a massive operation. Thousands of people would be employed, which isn’t a bad thing. You’d need admins, logistics, hazmat, medics, the list just goes on. It’s be a small army

You’re right. Inside threats are almost impossible to defend. Metal detectors at every entrance is a start, but turns into an inconvenience when kids are tardy and every bag and person gets searched. A few complaints and they get removed. Hostage rescue training along with breaching would be something each guy would have to be proficient at. We’d need trading facilities along with enough people to keep on work/training rotation. That’s not something you can train once a year on. I’m thinking at a minimum quarterly for a solid 5 days and at least a day every two weeks at the range. It would be expensive and a massive operation. Thousands of people would be employed, which isn’t a bad thing. You’d need admins, logistics, hazmat, medics, the list just goes on. It’s be a small army
And it would be an awesome idea! I think one of the biggest hurdles would be the red tape of a civi company working in a .gov sector and then you get into bidding and XYZ which is one of the biggest hiccups in the .gov procurement/hiring process. I’m sure you know this though give your time in the “Boy Scouts” lol

My son, our youngest, we moved into college recently. House is way too quiet. Looking forward to seeing him wrestle in college, though, although probably not much as a freshman, lol.
Where is he going to school? I love watching college wrestling. A friend of mines daughter was a manager for NC State for the last 4 years. I would go with him to the matches.

And it would be an awesome idea! I think one of the biggest hurdles would be the red tape of a civi company working in a .gov sector and then you get into bidding and XYZ which is one of the biggest hiccups in the .gov procurement/hiring process. I’m sure you know this though give your time in the “Boy Scouts” lol
Boy you ain’t lying. Contracting for big gov is just plain stupid. You’d almost need it to be a state entity to avoid the contract/bidding fiascos. It would get all shitty’d up though once it left the private sector and fell under big brother.

It’s be a small army
And very expensive.
Good luck finding the funding the cover it in anywhere but the richest neighborhoods.

To be clear, not necessarily against this in any way, but it sounds like a Blackwater outfit for middle schools. I am guessing parents/community will struggle to get comfortable with this. Again, I think we might be there or close but this would be hard to accept for most soccer moms is my guess. I'm also thinking how the first incident plays out when they put 30 rds in some 15 year old (that was the greatest kid ever on the news even though he has a facespace full of hate rants etc). There would be no win for the 'company'. When you stop something and kill the bastard it's heavy handed and you should have offered the troubled youth with 7 guns and full body armor a free big mac to come out and talk to the guidance counselor and if you don't drop the little fuck like you shold, he kills 30 kids and that's a shit show. Sigh.....

To be clear, not necessarily against this in any way, but it sounds like a Blackwater outfit for middle schools. I am guessing parents/community will struggle to get comfortable with this. Again, I think we might be there or close but this would be hard to accept for most soccer moms is my guess. I'm also thinking how the first incident plays out when they put 30 rds in some 15 year old (that was the greatest kid ever on the news even though he has a facespace full of hate rants etc). There would be no win for the 'company'. When you stop something and kill the bastard it's heavy handed and you should have offered the troubled youth with 7 guns and full body armor a free big mac to come out and talk to the guidance counselor and if you don't drop the little fuck like you shold, he kills 30 kids and that's a shit show. Sigh.....
You’re absolutely correct. It would be a very hard sell. It would be borderline militant and operating within blurry lines. You’re also right about the backlash. It would be bad even if it was justified. It’d be a whole different nightmare if an employee made a mistake. The earth would get sued along with someone’s head having to roll. It’s a catch 22. You want your kids safe, but at what cost? Unfortunately those situations are 100% reactive with very little proactive aside from a few resource officers and a local SRT team that’s 20 or more minutes away depending on the size of your city. Might just have Andy and Barney showing up if you’re in the sticks.

But with a legit trained force on the ground in the first place I think the deterrent would go a long way to preventing a shooting before it ever got started. Then, when Johnny McDillweed does try to FAFO it would be a quick, accurate engagement because that’s what the defense contractors are solely there for. It wouldn’t be a waiting game for ole Andy and Barney to show up and him to load his one rnd in his six shooter.

So back at our old church, they had a city police officer that would stand outside the front door every Sunday, plain sight from 3 directions in the parking lot. I thought that was the dumbest thing ever. I can’t think of an easier way to identify and take out the “defense”.

So back at our old church, they had a city police officer that would stand outside the front door every Sunday, plain sight from 3 directions in the parking lot. I thought that was the dumbest thing ever. I can’t think of an easier way to identify and take out the “defense”.
Maybe he's just the decoy.

Maybe he's just the decoy.

There’s merit in that. We have 5 patrolling, and 5-10 in the pews at any given service. The ‘training’ received basically conveys as 1 of the patrolling is either the first line of defense and/or sacrificial and radios ahead, the other 4 are to lock exterior doors (and administer aid if possible), and the 5-10 in the sanctuary lock down the entry points and get ready. But being a church, doesn’t do much good if the person waltzed right in with the blue hairs.

Another Proud Grandparent moment ...... and NOT a poopy one.
The grandtwins just turned 2 and as I walked in D2's house Friday night for the party
I heard two little snotty nose munchkins going "Papa, Papa".
A big smile and a melted heart replaced all the other crap going on for a couple of hours!

I really have to give a shout out to my son, Eli.
He's a sophomore and starts on his high school Varsity soccer team, he's the place kicker for the jv football team, and has to dress out for Varsity as the backup. He works really hard and i couldn't be more proud.

He kicked a 43 yd fg last week and hammered a kid that broke thru on a kickoff tonight. If throw a video of the kick, but i don't have a youtube account.

I think this goes here…

View attachment 404587
Tangently related..... My oldest has decided that the only acceptable place to pee, is the tree in the front yard. That's fine and dandy. He's 4 so you can just tell him to go and come back when he's done..... Until he has to pee at midnight and insists he has to pee on the damn tree!

Delaney (13) has been doing tech for a local theater company that puts on middle and high school musicals. They have the kids do everything. They are doing Sister Act Jr (yes, that's right.... :laughing: its as cheesy as you might expect). She got tapped to run mics for the first time. Pretty proud of how she stepped up to it.... in classic DIY theater fashion she didn't get any real training or even a run-through before the first show, just a copy of the script and a single breeze through transitions, had to learn it on teh fly.
What a thing to throw at a newbie, lol.
1697415794234.png

1697415825030.png

Back