The proud parent thread.

So, day before yesterday our dishwasher stopped working. It would make a buzzing sound and it would heat up, but not wash.

I hadn’t stopped to take time to look into it yet, but seeing as the kids are the ones on dish duty, my middle kid wasn’t going to have any part of a nonfunctional dishwasher. So this morning she woke up, opened YouTube and proceeded to tear down the dishwasher. 😂

I did some quick googling and I think she’s on the right track. Found a bunch of debris and gunk clogging the pump. We’ll see how she did in a few minutes here.
IMG_4662.jpeg
IMG_4664.jpeg

So, day before yesterday our dishwasher stopped working. It would make a buzzing sound and it would heat up, but not wash.

I hadn’t stopped to take time to look into it yet, but seeing as the kids are the ones on dish duty, my middle kid wasn’t going to have any part of a nonfunctional dishwasher. So this morning she woke up, opened YouTube and proceeded to tear down the dishwasher. 😂

I did some quick googling and I think she’s on the right track. Found a bunch of debris and gunk clogging the pump. We’ll see how she did in a few minutes here.
View attachment 405860View attachment 405861
Dude, thats awesome initiative! Maybe there is hope for the next generation after all! (But I'm not gonna hold my breath :()

Dude, thats awesome initiative! Maybe there is hope for the next generation after all! (But I'm not gonna hold my breath :()
Fixed and running. She tore it completely down as far as she could and scrubbed everything. Looks brand new inside.

PS, halfway through she asked if it works when she’s done, can she have twenty bucks. 😂

Ya kid, saves my back from leaning over. Sure thing!

Last edited:
Fixed and running.

Even if she failed the 20 would be worth the experience of being willing to try something even though it didn't work.
Give her pointers and let her keep going.
Not to mention if it didn't work she got the experience of the feeling to need to use all those colorful words we use when we fail!
Plus all the various ways to use them.

I know for most, this would seem insignificant. But we've not gotten calm pictures with Santa since David was less than a year old. They were very patient and accommodating, and by the end David didn't want to leave. A huge milestone for him.

Oliver on the other hand, was just over it lol.

received_1037046360747485.jpeg
received_24616795661297144.jpeg

I know for most, this would seem insignificant. But we've not gotten calm pictures with Santa since David was less than a year old. They were very patient and accommodating, and by the end David didn't want to leave. A huge milestone for him.

Oliver on the other hand, was just over it lol.

View attachment 408421View attachment 408422
Congrats man! I know the struggle! Btw they were awesome and a hoot to watch at the get together!! You and your wife are doing it right with those two!

Congrats man! I know the struggle! Btw they were awesome and a hoot to watch at the get together!! You and your wife are doing it right with those two!
Thanks man. It's great to be around folks you can trust to just keep an eye out for the kids. Hate they were the only youngins there.

It's hard to describe how proud I am of Eli with all the things he is involved in. Be it school, soccer, football, swim, or band he finds a way to excel.

This one is for band. He made first chair in county band this year for the French Horn. He's was 2nd chair in 8th and 9th grade.

IMG_20231210_103847.jpg

Bragging on my oldest. He's 16, smart kid in the IB program with like a 4.3 GPA. Plays on the school baseball team and has been working his ass off, this last weekend he hit 90mph in a bullpen. He's been slowly improving, he'll probably be sitting in the 90s pretty comfortably by the end of his junior season. Plus, he's a really good kid, hard not to root for him. :cool:

Our daughter Calvary had her Kindergarten school pictures taken a couple of weeks ago and we got them back in the mail last night. I looked at them and smiled and walked over to where we have all of her pictures on the wall from the last five years and realized how much she is growing up and it just hit me in the feels... But then I thought about how proud I am of her for taking Kindergarten on head first. She is just so smart and funny and her teacher brags on her all the time and how well behaved she is. (even though she's got some sass to her at home)

Both our boys were in the Christmas play at church tonight. David was supposed to be in it last year, but froze up and wouldn't do it last second. This year he had no problems at all, though we did everything we could to stack the deck lol. Nonetheless, very proud of em.

Got an electric dirtbike for my youngest a few months ago, and he has shown basically no interest in it. Been saying he wanted an electric bike instead (which really sucked as a parent because 1. He didn’t like his birthday present, and 2. He’s getting a new pedal bike for Christmas that also won’t be what he wants :rolleyes:). I bet he has put less than a 1/4 mile on it in 4 months, and only with me running along beside him.

Fast forward to yesterday, I asked him if he wanted to ride his dirtbike, he said yes, and then it clicked.
IMG_1642.jpeg
IMG_1643.jpeg

He listens really well:

And then just picked it up like a fish to water (this within the first 20 minutes or so):

Got an electric dirtbike for my youngest a few months ago, and he has shown basically no interest in it. Been saying he wanted an electric bike instead (which really sucked as a parent because 1. He didn’t like his birthday present, and 2. He’s getting a new pedal bike for Christmas that also won’t be what he wants :rolleyes:). I bet he has put less than a 1/4 mile on it in 4 months, and only with me running along beside him.

Fast forward to yesterday, I asked him if he wanted to ride his dirtbike, he said yes, and then it clicked.
View attachment 409289View attachment 409290
He listens really well:

And then just picked it up like a fish to water (this within the first 20 minutes or so):

What e-dirt bike did you get him? Wanting to get my 3 year old something to start riding this summer.

What e-dirt bike did you get him? Wanting to get my 3 year old something to start riding this summer.
It’s a Mototec Gazella 24v, 500 watt. There’s nothing “great” about it, but it has a motor, proportional throttle, suspension, and disc brakes, and was around $500. With that said, it’s waaaaaay too tall even for my tall 5 year old. I had to raise the forks all the way through the triples until they hit the bars, then take all the preload off the rear shock and then drop it another 2-3” beyond that. And after that the kickstand was too long, so I cut about 4” off of it. Now it fits him well. My oldest is 75lbs and it struggles with him on it, but with the 35lb ultra skinny 5 year old it does great. Got 2hrs+ of solid runtime on the battery this weekend and still has about 1/4-1/3 left. But when my oldest did a science project with it a couple months ago, it was completely toast after 30 minutes. So it’s kind of in a weird spot with the tall height but weak motor/battery. I’d recommend a smaller one for a 3-4 year old dude.

It’s a Mototec Gazella 24v, 500 watt. There’s nothing “great” about it, but it has a motor, proportional throttle, suspension, and disc brakes, and was around $500. With that said, it’s waaaaaay too tall even for my tall 5 year old. I had to raise the forks all the way through the triples until they hit the bars, then take all the preload off the rear shock and then drop it another 2-3” beyond that. And after that the kickstand was too long, so I cut about 4” off of it. Now it fits him well. My oldest is 75lbs and it struggles with him on it, but with the 35lb ultra skinny 5 year old it does great. Got 2hrs+ of solid runtime on the battery this weekend and still has about 1/4-1/3 left. But when my oldest did a science project with it a couple months ago, it was completely toast after 30 minutes. So it’s kind of in a weird spot with the tall height but weak motor/battery. I’d recommend a smaller one for a 3-4 year old dude.
Appreciate the feedback.

My 2 little men Waylon (3) and William (2) have been helping us build our barn this year. I am so proud of them for sticking it out through the summer heat and now the winter cold. They are just thrilled to help and I'm just thrilled to have them helping. The other day I think someone was cutting onions out there, my father in law was teaching Waylon how to run seamless gutter, just as he taught me 15 years ago, it really got me going for some reason.

I'm so thankful for the wonderful family I have been blessed with.
IMG_20231223_172559780.jpg
IMG_20231222_154855912_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231218_102154439.jpg
IMG_20230819_172702077.jpg
IMG_20230423_143752715_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230423_112805959_HDR.jpg

Munchkin can count to 100. He's 4. Year and a half ago he was completely non verbal. Those that have been around him at several events have seen the big improvement.

Munchkin can count to 100. He's 4. Year and a half ago he was completely non verbal. Those that have been around him at several events have seen the big improvement.
Aw hell, better watch out, he will out count you soon enough! :laughing:

We are redoing our downstairs bathroom and started pulling down wallpaper last night and my daughter who is 5 asked if she could help. At first, I was thinking to myself that there wasn't really anything at the moment she could really do but I thought about hopefully creating a core moment. She helped me scrape some of the wallpaper and I could tell just her being there with me and feeling like she is helping and contributing made her feel so big. I just sat back and watched her and smiled at the fact she chose to hang out with me and help instead of watching TV or doing something else.

Back