The proud parent thread.

So what is the award?
Well at the awards ceremony she got multiple including being named to the schools permanent Hall of Fame, Being one of 3 Principals Outstanding Achievers and was named Miss Cougar....

I thought you had to be older for that...but what do I know.

My daughter, starting center for the Carolina Phoenix made 2nd team All American ( out of 90 teams across the US) as a rookie.
She's #30 in the helmet.

all american.jpg

Our little girl turned 4 on Tuesday. It's amazing, I don't know if its just a placebo effect or not, but she just seems more grown than she did on Monday...
It's weird though. I've been ok with her turning 4. Not ecstatic, but ok with it. My wife on the other hand has been dreading it for weeks. Wife ended up taking her to daycare Tuesday morning and stopped by the grocery store to get some cupcakes for her class to celebrate and I was fine until they left and then it hit me like a rock and I had my moment.
But our little girl has always sucked her thumb right before bed or when she was nervous or anxious and for months, she has told us that when she turns 4 she was going to stop. So Tuesday morning, we put her to the test and she passed! We asked her teacher if she sucked her thumb and they said no and the rest of the night, she never touched it, but the real test was going to be bed time, So we put her to bed and she didn't suck her thumb, now she knows there is a camera in her room and she knows that we can see her, and we looked at the monitor a little while after we had laid her down and noticed the cover was over her head, so I go up there to move it down and when I pull the cover back, what do I see? She's sucking her thumb lol

First year this one could/wanted to do it all. Bait her own hook, cast, reel in a fish, pull the hook out and release…

2916C387-532B-4F4F-B875-D5E7BE87A4B0.jpeg
CFF66124-A89D-4CA9-BA57-CFD008C9D6D6.jpeg
D2723BCE-68F1-425B-B554-5343E9B78A55.jpeg
4ECAC116-B0BF-4533-AA23-36CAFAC9CDD0.jpeg
BFFAE28F-7982-4FB0-AD1C-8F153245EC97.jpeg
710A039A-16F5-49F0-BAB6-9BDA01727F24.jpeg

This one caught her ‘limit’ in the first 15 minutes, then she was more interested in playing with minnows, snacks and driving the boat…

5C46D68C-B190-43ED-828C-0A41D6953112.jpeg

006B0E69-10F0-4B16-AC0A-65A22E9B41CA.jpeg

8403B1EE-C4AB-4CDD-A698-1839B325F956.jpeg

Munchkin had a 90 minute EEG today. And then a neurologist appointment after. Did great.

20220523_100526.jpg

20220523_112907.jpg

20220523_112932.jpg

So as a reward, we took the boys to "we rock the spectrum" in K Vegas. That place is a blast.

20220523_142446.jpg

20220523_143004.jpg

20220523_150024.jpg

20220523_144711.jpg

My daughter was there Sunday and she said she loved it as well.
It's awesome how they have it setup. Really is a great place where munchkin could just play and have fun.

It's awesome how they have it setup. Really is a great place where munchkin could just play and have fun.
I didn't end up going. My daughter was there for a birthday party and was told it was mainly going to be moms, so I thought I'd give my wife a chance to talk shit about me and not attend :)

But then I found out that my daughter told her teacher at school that I didn't go and then they told my wife about what she said when she went to pick her up, and I am now obligated to attend all birthday parties from now on :)

3K Preschool graduation the other night. This dude’s made a ton of progress from this time last year.

Each kid got a certificate with an “award”. His was Athlete of the Year. I’m guessing that’s just a nice way of saying your kid is the sweatiest and has the most grass stains after recess.
D08F76E6-3F46-4D18-B434-95DF554CF601.jpeg

Last edited:
The technical, perfectionist nailed her routine.
View attachment 373814

The wild child, natural athlete…tried showing off during warm ups for great grandma (right off the airplane)…and probably broke her arm. She’s handling it like a champ though:

View attachment 373815
View attachment 373816

She’s a trooper…supracondylar fracture…broken elbow. When I got the FaceTime…through tears ‘I’m not a buttercup’. Asked her if she was hurt or injured, she just shook her head…that’s how I knew we were going for X-rays.

3A60F788-F463-4866-8922-F1CA8233F2CF.jpeg

She’s a trooper…supracondylar fracture…broken elbow. When I got the FaceTime…through tears ‘I’m not a buttercup’. Asked her if she was hurt or injured, she just shook her head…that’s how I knew we were going for X-rays.

View attachment 373826
Man, its hard when they break a bone that young, but I will tell you from experience, my little girl broke her leg when she was a year and a half and it never slowed her down.

The WFA 2022 D3 National Champions

Phoenix.jpg

View attachment 373826

She’s been a champ…letting everyone know she’s not a buttercup. ‘Which picture would you say your pain level is’…well, I’m not a buttercup but it hurts. ‘Would you like some Tylenol for the pain’…‘I’m not a buttercup, but, yes please’. Not sure what her obsession with ‘not being a buttercup’ is about…if she was an older athlete and in denial about her body failing, sure…but it’s damn near been a point of pride for her.

9E9E29BF-7F17-4665-825B-D68F61678EF3.jpeg
EBFF8F11-9D48-45CF-847B-C3A12A29B61D.jpeg
76232CE7-EBC1-422A-82EE-2DA39F0F5FB3.jpeg

She’s been a champ…letting everyone know she’s not a buttercup. ‘Which picture would you say your pain level is’…well, I’m not a buttercup but it hurts. ‘Would you like some Tylenol for the pain’…‘I’m not a buttercup, but, yes please’. Not sure what her obsession with ‘not being a buttercup’ is about…if she was an older athlete and in denial about her body failing, sure…but it’s damn near been a point of pride for her.

View attachment 373895View attachment 373896View attachment 373897
I know she's gonna be ok, but man that last picture breaks my heart.

I know she's gonna be ok, but man that last picture breaks my heart.
Me too…she’s still a little loopy. Asked if she could walk out to daddy at pick up, but she still didn’t have much body control yet. But she’s happy now, she got Chic Fil A on the way home. Said she thought the worst part was she was so hungry.

C4B59832-FD61-45B8-AD9E-288A226B5182.jpeg

Just found out Jonas was selected as Section leader for the Pit in marching band for his senior year. As an ASD kid who struggles with normal social interaction and rarelt takes proactive action for anything, we are super proud.

Son is now officially dual-enrolled at the local CC while he finishes his senior HS year
1658197347532.png

(also note the shirt)

This child has been convinced she’ll be an ER doctor or pediatrician for a couple years now (proud dad part 1)…so much so that our YouTube algorithm defaults to trauma simulations and first aid training. I say that to say our puppy ‘mauled’ a moth a couple days ago. I was going to toss the moth out the door since it wasn’t moving and appeared dead (with some light blood underneath it). My 5yo freaked out and said ‘I can save it’. I told her I didn’t think so, it had to be dead. She told me I was wrong…and after a couple days in her mason jar terrarium thing, giving it eye droppers of water and fresh vegetation, I’ll be damned if the thing didn’t start moving again. She did well…and that’s the story of how we now have a pet moth.

20E3AEC9-07FC-4753-BE4E-A4191EEAAFF8.jpeg
689490A3-BB7B-4B18-BBB2-3DD309E97627.jpeg
283159BA-3B38-48CA-91FC-8B83462E6D7D.jpeg
4D70C5D5-5D97-4E72-A486-6DDF068A40E9.jpeg

Have to brag on munchkin. For most these things will likely seen small or insignificant, but some will get it. The past couple months he has really opened up and really took off. We are adding a new word every few days and he is doing amazing with learning ASL. He can sign the alphabet and probably 40-50 words, can have conversation and understand more than he can sign. But the biggest victory for us lately has been being able to sit in the main church instead of in a separate room. About a year ago, we nearly had to stop going to church because he could take thw sensory overload of being in the sanctuary, so our awesome pastor set up a special room. That was great, but we missed out on the "feel" of church. He's been out in the main sanctuary for a couple weeks now doing fine, with his ears and weighted blanket. Oh, and he is mostly potty trained, at 3 1/2 years old. Still a few accidents, but he has surprised us.

Not to leave Ollie out, he's growing like a weed and is really getting mobile. Not to mention brave. He likes to sit on top of the climbing tower.

20220423_102947.jpg

20220624_205628.jpg

20220717_145148.jpg

Last edited:
Well today is the day.
In a little less than an hour my truck and her 4Runner both loaded down with stuff will move my daughter out of our house and into college.

So excited for her. So many new experiences await. New friends, new challenges, she’s excited to explore the sorrority scene and to dip her toe into independence. She’s never even washed her own clothes and she is excited to.

So proud of her. She’s such an amazing, beautiful, intelligent, amazing - young woman.

I can’t wait for her to experience all the joys I know she will.

But after today….my family will never again be what it was. The home we’ve built for them will be empty and just us. The hustle and the bustle and the constant motion that so often drove me insane will be gone.

No regrets. But can’t help but feel a tinge of selfish sadness that this chapter is closing. Even while being excited to read the next one.

Life will never be the same. That’s ok. It’s what we planned for. But honestly the thought kinda sucks right now

Well today is the day.
In a little less than an hour my truck and her 4Runner both loaded down with stuff will move my daughter out of our house and into college.

So excited for her. So many new experiences await. New friends, new challenges, she’s excited to explore the sorrority scene and to dip her toe into independence. She’s never even washed her own clothes and she is excited to.

So proud of her. She’s such an amazing, beautiful, intelligent, amazing - young woman.

I can’t wait for her to experience all the joys I know she will.

But after today….my family will never again be what it was. The home we’ve built for them will be empty and just us. The hustle and the bustle and the constant motion that so often drove me insane will be gone.

No regrets. But can’t help but feel a tinge of selfish sadness that this chapter is closing. Even while being excited to read the next one.

Life will never be the same. That’s ok. It’s what we planned for. But honestly the thought kinda sucks right now
Hopefully you have some friends you can call that will help fill the void in your life. I know it's a bittersweet moment for you.

Back