The proud parent thread.

My boy got his results for beginning of the year reading test ( third grade) back a few weeks ago. They had 3 hr allotted for them to finish, he took 20 minutes and ended up with level 5 (top 98% 9th grade level) score. He's an inside kid and likes to do his own thing, I did manage to get him to come help me change the oil in my truck last night though. 😆

View attachment 359933
I still do that :smokin:

Munchkin "reading" to Ollie.

Resized_Resized_20211111_093259.jpeg

Not so much a ‘proud thing’ as much as a ‘where has the time gone thing’. Hit me yesterday that these children of mine aren’t babies anymore and are turning in to little girls. The almost 5 year old is moving on from ‘the basics of dancing’ and is getting sized today for her first dedicated ballet class/attire. The 3 year old is moving on from ninja classes to dedicated gymnastics next month. Nothing spectacular, other than daddy’s babies are growing up…

B3472418-C97D-47AD-82A5-71F67C779D7C.jpeg

Not so much a ‘proud thing’ as much as a ‘where has the time gone thing’. Hit me yesterday that these children of mine aren’t babies anymore and are turning in to little girls. The almost 5 year old is moving on from ‘the basics of dancing’ and is getting sized today for her first dedicated ballet class/attire. The 3 year old is moving on from ninja classes to dedicated gymnastics next month. Nothing spectacular, other than daddy’s babies are growing up…

View attachment 362311
Man, this is tough. My wife reminded me last night that our little girl will be 4 in 5 months.... I feel like its been a long journey since she was born, but it's going by fast. We have even started letting her stay up a little later the last couple of weeks, just to squeeze in one more hug or one more laugh.

Brb, I gotta go blow my nose.

My son turned 21 yesterday.

That's fawked up. Last week was my 21st birthday, I was doing keg stands before a Clemson Duke football game on my birthday...now my kid can buy booze legally....how is that possible...

My son turned 21 yesterday.

That's fawked up. Last week was my 21st birthday, I was doing keg stands before a Clemson Duke football game on my birthday...now my kid can buy booze legally....how is that possible...
I feel ya! Mine are 23. One is a teacher in a local HS, god help him, the other doing QC at RBC corporation in town. Man I'm getting old.

Daughter got her first 'real rifle' today. A Cricket .22... in pink of course.

We came straight home, grabbed my range bags, and some ammo, and headed to the range.

It was cold, but we had a blast. And I got her first live fire on video cause I'm Dad of the Year 2022 already.

271648073_10106032152130868_1486170517709197498_n.jpg

271550677_10106032151621888_8946270908087950253_n.jpg

271290706_10106032151856418_1501924511279271321_n.jpg

I'm glad I accidentally bought an entire CASE of .22 minimag SHORTS thinking they were .22 LONGS last spring. They'll come in handy now.

View attachment 362311
Daughter got her first 'real rifle' today. A Cricket .22... in pink of course.

We came straight home, grabbed my range bags, and some ammo, and headed to the range.

It was cold, but we had a blast. And I got her first live fire on video cause I'm Dad of the Year 2022 already.

271648073_10106032152130868_1486170517709197498_n.jpg

271550677_10106032151621888_8946270908087950253_n.jpg

271290706_10106032151856418_1501924511279271321_n.jpg

I'm glad I accidentally bought an entire CASE of .22 minimag SHORTS thinking they were .22 LONGS last spring. They'll come in handy now.
Snuck out for breakfast with my oldest at our favorite downtown country cookin' place. Stacked up all the jelly packets just like we did when she was two.

View attachment 364795
It never ceases to amaze me how cute yall's kids are considering who the fathers are :p

My daughter has Elhers Danlos syndrome and some mild autism.

Two years ago she was in physical therapy, ankle braces, and behavioral therapy(THAT was fun, lemme tell ya...). Last Friday she stood on the stage in front of her school, alone and without any parents, and performed a ballet dance to a Tangled Disney movie song.

She brought home second place.

wp-1645379203929712165881524519655.jpg

Super, super proud of how far she's come.

(And really glad she didn't get first, because then we would have had to go to county talent show next. No thanks.)

Please tell me you're already teaching them the lyrics to "Mama's don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys"
You know it. :beer:

Funny story. My first name is William, so when we found out our second child was going to be a boy, I wanted to name him William. My wife was all for it until my brother in law started calling him Willie before he was even born. The Willie and Waylon never dawned on her. It was a long and hard battle to win the name William back from there.

You know it. :beer:

Funny story. My first name is William, so when we found out our second child was going to be a boy, I wanted to name him William. My wife was all for it until my brother in law started calling him Willie before he was even born. The Willie and Waylon never dawned on her. It was a long and hard battle to win the name William back from there.
A girl I went to college with has 2 sons, Bo and Luke. She had a daughter next and I was unreasonably disappointed that her name wasn't Daisy. I have never met her husband, but if I do, I'm buying the beers all night. I never could have gotten my wife to go along with anything like that.

My two your old is all boy. He has recently really discovered "himself". He came striding into the living room last night from the bathroom and yelled "mommy, look!". He had his bird flipped over the top of his underwear 😂. His mother was just as put out with him doing to trick as she is when I do it 😔.

My two your old is all boy. He has recently really discovered "himself". He came striding into the living room last night from the bathroom and yelled "mommy, look!". He had his bird flipped over the top of his underwear 😂. His mother was just as put out with him doing to trick as she is when I do it 😔.
Right after my mom passed, my brother and I were sharing funny stories. His youngest son is the youngest of 6 kids and when he was about 2 years old, he facetimed our mom. He was butt naked standing over the phone with the camera right on the goods, saying " big penis" over and over and over. My brother said mom couldn't tell what she was looking at or what he was saying.

I wish I could have been around to see her face when she found out what Charlie was actually doing and saying.

Just have to brag on my boys. Our oldest, David, is autistic and almost completely non-verbal. Some of yall probably remember him running around in earmuffs at the get together. But man is this youngin smart! He has an AAC device (his talker) that helps him communicate. Its a real lifesaver. Without it, he can only say a few words and cant form a sentence. With it, he can "say" nearly 150 words and can form simple sentences. On top of that, the little guy is rapidly learning ASL and already has a dozen or so signs down. At almost 3 he can disassemble and reassemble his rifle (supervised, of course), helps me work on trucks, radios, antennas, and anything else that is a "puzzle".

Our youngest, Oliver, is already sitting up and has started eating some solid foods. Hes trying his best to just skip over crawling and jump right into walking.

Also, cudos to my wife, as she is the one whos teaching them both and spends all day with them. Shes teaching herself ASL so she can teach David.

20220219_173350.jpg

20220216_182958.jpg

20220205_102857.jpg

20220205_135156.jpg

20220123_184832.jpg

20220121_195943.jpg

20220101_195636.jpg

20220110_183226.jpg

Two of ours did the army crawl on their belly thing and then went straight to standing and cruising.

Just have to brag on my boys. Our oldest, David, is autistic and almost completely non-verbal. Some of yall probably remember him running around in earmuffs at the get together.

My oldest, now 15, also has autism and was nonverbal until he was about 4. He rocked the earmuffs a lot also and bits and pieces of ASL.

Major props to you. It ain't easy having kids on the spectrum. But man, every little step/development/progress they make is a sweet victory that means so much.

If ya ever need to vent or chat, hit me up.

Because I'll be the first to say that both diagnosis on my kids hit me like a brick to the nuts.

It's hard having all your hopes and dreams for your kids being thrown to the wind and having to pick up the pieces and cling to what little bits are still possible while having to fight for every little success that everyone else's kids get so easily and naturally.

My oldest, now 15, also has autism and was nonverbal until he was about 4. He rocked the earmuffs a lot also and bits and pieces of ASL.

Major props to you. It ain't easy having kids on the spectrum. But man, every little step/development/progress they make is a sweet victory that means so much.

If ya ever need to vent or chat, hit me up.

Because I'll be the first to say that both diagnosis on my kids hit me like a brick to the nuts.

It's hard having all your hopes and dreams for your kids being thrown to the wind and having to pick up the pieces and cling to what little bits are still possible while having to fight for every little success that everyone else's kids get so easily and naturally.

Didnt know that about your boy! And yea its hard seeing him be so behind, yet so smart. We are super fortunate (read willing to sacrifice everything else) that my wife is able to stay home with the kids. It was a decision we made even before we got married that she would work until we had kids, and then stay home with them as well as home school. With david and the way the public indoctrination system is now, it has really solidified that decision.

My son I posted about that Graduate with honors is on the spectrum. Asperger's Syndrome from what the Dr told us. Super smart but socially awkward. Teaching High School now. Kid amazes me.

My daughter has Elhers Danlos syndrome and some mild autism.

Two years ago she was in physical therapy, ankle braces, and behavioral therapy(THAT was fun, lemme tell ya...). Last Friday she stood on the stage in front of her school, alone and without any parents, and performed a ballet dance to a Tangled Disney movie song.

She brought home second place.

wp-1645379203929712165881524519655.jpg

Super, super proud of how far she's come.

(And really glad she didn't get first, because then we would have had to go to county talent show next. No thanks.)
wow. Just wow.

Back