The Shitbox - That there's an RV

Remember those cabinet doors I meticulously prepped, primed, & painted? Yeah, we won't be needing those now. My dad went to town on the interior & decided to re-do pretty much everything & add an extra 300lbs :lol: I'm currently on strike from any more painting activity until he's done ripping out beautiful masterpieces. I have to say, his work is 100000% times better than mine though!

So over the past couple of days:
  • New, wider bathroom door (we live on the thicker side of life)
  • Removed the cooktop
  • New countertop + bottom cabinets
  • New storage cubby under dinette
  • Re-faced closets
  • Removed odd ball boards in cabinet out of curiosity & instantly regretted discovery
One of my exciting new purchases that I totally justified after seeing the cost of curtains & cushions was a sewing machine. I can't sew...yet...

View attachment 331898 View attachment 331899 View attachment 331900 View attachment 331901 View attachment 331902 View attachment 331904

Jen... seriously... “live on the thicker side of life”... if you turn sideways you disappear, now Joe is more like me, we don’t discriminate at the dinner table :lol:

With the ballin 5th wheel, why the shitbox? Is a VW westy next? do you have a camping addiction?
WillC
2018 Travel trailer
Jeep camping
Truck tent for tow rig
hammock camping set up
previously owned RV and 4 pop ups
Seeking van camper
considering truck camper

With the ballin 5th wheel, why the shitbox? Is a VW westy next? do you have a camping addiction?
WillC
2018 Travel trailer
Jeep camping
Truck tent for tow rig
hammock camping set up
previously owned RV and 4 pop ups
Seeking van camper
considering truck camper

Hahaha I've gotten that question quite a bit actually. I'm starting to think it's more of a project addiction. And while we both love VWs, I don't see one in our future. Joe thinks our next one will be a diesel pusher (insert face palm).

There's a few places we want to camp that we simply can't fit. Plus, it'll be nice to have something smaller for short weekend getaways with the ability to pull the boat or a trailer. I still haven't figured out how we're going to manage going from a king bed to a full size :eek:

Hahaha I've gotten that question quite a bit actually. I'm starting to think it's more of a project addiction. And while we both love VWs, I don't see one in our future. Joe thinks our next one will be a diesel pusher (insert face palm).

There's a few places we want to camp that we simply can't fit. Plus, it'll be nice to have something smaller for short weekend getaways with the ability to pull the boat or a trailer. I still haven't figured out how we're going to manage going from a king bed to a full size :eek:

And so we can drag you and Joe out on a trip with us misfits.

Dead serious I want y’all to come some time!

Now that we're back on track, I just got a text showing the new closet/cabinet doors were installed today. The new faucet arrived yesterday so we'll be able to get that measured out to install soon.

IMG_0781.jpg

o_O
I just know your dumbass is referring to the top bunk. I know it in my heart of hearts.

Now, get outta my build thread with your nonsense :shaking:

Of course that's exactly what he was referring to! What other possible reference would he be trying to make........

Duane

Digging the build thread! This is the direction the wife and I are going if I can ever get my damn f550 finished. Unless.....you know.....yall decide to part with this when you get your diesel pusher lol. Havnt seen Joe around Cleveland in a while. Get the sammi done and let's wheel

Digging the build thread! This is the direction the wife and I are going if I can ever get my damn f550 finished. Unless.....you know.....yall decide to part with this when you get your diesel pusher lol. Havnt seen Joe around Cleveland in a while. Get the sammi done and let's wheel

Thanks - we're definitely looking forward to having it ready for quick getaways! His schedule has been modified a little since he scans employees - goes in early so he gets off at 1:30. I keep trying to convince him that he could use that time in the afternoon to get shit done on the Sami but he doesn't want to cut into his nap time :rolleyes: Hopefully it'll be ready to roll in the spring.

Last edited:
Thanks - we're definitely looking forward to having it ready for quick getaways! His schedule has been modified a little since he scans employees - goes in early so he gets off at 1:30. I keep trying to convince him that he could use that time in the afternoon to get shit done on the Sami but he doesn't want to cut into his nap time :rolleyes: Hopefully it'll be ready to roll 8n the spring.
Naps are for wimps @Mulishajoe

Nothing super exciting but progress is progress. I have the week off & a ton of projects to get done so I'll try to sneak in some time to work on this little gem. Today I accomplished wood filler. This shit is a little trickier than I thought so I'll have some sanding in my future. I'm pretty sure there are 5,000,000 screw holes in that tiny thing :eek:
20201228_154957.jpg

Back