The Upcoming Diesel Fuel Shortage...

R Q

Here's a link if you need it for verification. Fuel company issues diesel shortage warning, says conditions 'rapidly devolving'
Who knows? but I take things into consideration and try to plan. This isnt because I have a deisel truck, I have a gas truck too. Just in case the shelves start to get empty and don't restock quickly I went and stocked up again. I didn't check my original stock before I went,
I got canned goods forever! :laughing: BUT the stuff I bought is good for years. Perishables would be the issue but I can eat PB&J off my fingers I guess right? lol
Regardless, I got crap that I won't touch unless the SHTF and in all honesty, I got about three to four weeks of beans, Beefaroni, canned chicken and rice, etc., My sodium intake may be a bit elevated.
I sure wish beer would store better...

I stocked up on diesel yesterday before prices went more stupid because of this news. Didn't think about everything else though

So glad I never jumped on the deisel "cool kid" bandwagon for a DD. Lol. But seriously, best of luck to y'all.

I first heard about this about a month ago.I personally have to be skeptical about it actually happenin due to the optics of it but we'll see.A friend of ours drives and they told him to plan on being home at least 3-4 weeks.Right at Christmas too.

If the media hadn’t reported it we’d have probably rolled on without notice other than a price hike. Now comes everybody stockpiling and making it worse.

The American publics self induced panic and paranoia is a force to be reckoned with.

I was on the road all weekend across NC and VA and saw it jump a dollar over night. Yikes.
I was in Atlanta on Fri and got it for $4.69.We went to PA a couple of weeks ago and we always stop in Broadway VA and refuel at the same place.Stopped on Fri afternoon and it was .20 higher than what their web site said.Came back thru on Tues and stopped again for fuel and it was ,35 cheaper than on Fri.Diesel dont drop that fast in the short of a time.Bag of ice was 3.99 on Fir and down to 3.49 on Tues.Sign on the cooler was one of the mangetized ones (easily changed).I think alot of the stations are playing games w prices.

Used Japanese 4 banger prices will probably hit the roof as well. I'm struggling to help a friend get into a "decent" Honda, Was about to jump on an 06 TSX in SC but it sold after the seller got out of church being listed for just 3 days.

I live 75 miles south of my work. Diesel by the house is generally 50-60 cents less. Hence I routinely "stock up" by the house and fill my transfer tank. Have seen the price by work bounce around since I first heard of the shortage, but by the house several stations are around $4.90 and have been.

I live 75 miles south of my work. Diesel by the house is generally 50-60 cents less. Hence I routinely "stock up" by the house and fill my transfer tank. Have seen the price by work bounce around since I first heard of the shortage, but by the house several stations are around $4.90 and have been.
It's been holding around that here for a couple of weeks.

Ive seen a lot of people try to blame this on the cancellation of keystone. We don't have an oil shortage, we have a refining capacity shortage. If we truly run out of diesel, the light truck users are the least of our issues. Literally every product we as Americans use is shipped via diesel truck. I won't be out of business right away, but I'll be in a helluva jam if we run out of diesel. I usually have 8 to 10 trucks a day hit my dock. Freight in and out. We're in for a world of hurt if supply hits less than a week

We don't have an oil shortage, we have a refining capacity shortage.
I read an article about this the other day.It said their hasnt been a refinery built since the 70's.According to them it takes up to 10 years to get one built and online and no comp is willing to invest the $$$/time w the current war on fossil fuels.

Emergency management for buncombe county sent letters out to all municipalities 6 months ago about the coming shortages. They encouraged everyone to increase their storage capacity as much as possible. Won’t no garbage pick up be awesome! Of course having no groceries will help with that little problem.
You NC folks get screwed on Diesel in the best of times.

At least there will be electric 18 wheelers soon.

And they can charge on coal power.

That is delivered to the coal plants by diesel locomotives.

Ive seen a lot of people try to blame this on the cancellation of keystone. We don't have an oil shortage, we have a refining capacity shortage. If we truly run out of diesel, the light truck users are the least of our issues. Literally every product we as Americans use is shipped via diesel truck. I won't be out of business right away, but I'll be in a helluva jam if we run out of diesel. I usually have 8 to 10 trucks a day hit my dock. Freight in and out. We're in for a world of hurt if supply hits less than a week
Exactly, I didnt post this worried about getting fuel for my pickup, I'm worried about the supply chain.

I read an article about this the other day.It said their hasnt been a refinery built since the 70's.According to them it takes up to 10 years to get one built and online and no comp is willing to invest the $$$/time w the current war on fossil fuels.
Correct, mainly becuase of our redundant environmental safety rules it's not been possible to build refineries since the 70's.

We don't have an oil shortage, we have a refining capacity shortage.

This is incorrect.
We have plenty of refining capacity.
In fact the US EXPORTS roughly 6 MILLION barrels per day of refined petroleum.
Because of the current regimes regulation and regulations on logistics, more economically effective for the oils companies to ship and sell.

This is incorrect.
We have plenty of refining capacity.
In fact the US EXPORTS roughly 6 MILLION barrels per day of refined petroleum.
Because of the current regimes regulation and regulations on logistics, more economically effective for the oils companies to ship and sell.

6 million barrels will last the US for about an hr. That is assuming that all of the refined petroleum is diesel.

That is similar to Biden releasing 15 million barrels of the reserve. It wasnt enough but to blip the prices down for a day.

Back