Tongue Lock Advice Needed

I built this one with what I had laying around. I did the best I could to make it hard to get bolt cutters to the padlock shank.

Attachments

• 20200103_172843.jpg
    20200103_172843.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 184
  • 20200103_172857.jpg
    20200103_172857.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 190
A thief attempted to get mine a year or so ago. Padlock was cut off and the Master coupler lock was almost sprung open. After looking at other expensive options, decided to design/make my own. Also, have some other security devices involved, including 12 ga. So far, all is well.

I dont suppose you got more info about that one do you? I like it! Yall are making me paranoid now lol

I dont suppose you got more info about that one do you? I like it! Yall are making me paranoid now lol

I believe this is where I got my original idea:

I fabricated mine out of 3/16" plate. The safety chains are locked inside of it, and the puck lock is steel surrounded by 3/16" wall tubing. There is no place to pry, and it would take a lot of cutting with a sabre saw. A set of torches would do the trick up to a point where I might hit your oxygen bottle with a 30:06 slug. :D

I built this one with what I had laying around. I did the best I could to make it hard to get bolt cutters to the padlock shank.

You could always add one of these to trailer tire

As already stated, the advent of battery operated tools would render either of these "measures" inoperable in <60 seconds each...

Insure your junk and hope it doesn't happen to you!

Back