Tornadoes!

Got us in Pittsboro
20190419_160807.jpg
20190419_161053.jpg
20190419_161857.jpg

@Infamous1 Im a long way away but post up if you need help in any way. Im sure NC4X4 is there for you!

Lincolnton, may have had a touch down. Unconfirmed yet.

Can't confirm the touchdown, but the generator at Walmart is running & the delivery point load is about half of what it was at 9pm so there is definitely bad weather in the area causing power outages. Generators in Newton were running from just before 4 to ~4:30, with the gen at the Jail running until 5:30.

Last edited:
We were traveling from Littleton, up by Lake Gaston, down to Oak Island to see my wife's family today.
Super windy and crazy dumping rain, pretty shitty weather to be driving in.
Stopped just outside Mt. Olive to get a snack and gas; as we walked into Wendy's, got the tornado warning on my phone. At first I thought maybe it was intended for home in MD, then my wife, son's, and bunch of others in the store went off.
Weather there didn't seem so bad, nobody seemed really concerned... but we took it as an opportunity to chill out and have some Frosty's for a bit and wait it out. Daughter was a little freakedo ut when we explained we needed to keep an eye on the windows, and be ready to bolt into the bathrooms... butt he ice cream helped....
Looking back, now I see this was the same general area they were coming through. Freaky.

We were traveling from Littleton, up by Lake Gaston, down to Oak Island to see my wife's family today.
Super windy and crazy dumping rain, pretty shitty weather to be driving in.
Stopped just outside Mt. Olive to get a snack and gas; as we walked into Wendy's, got the tornado warning on my phone. At first I thought maybe it was intended for home in MD, then my wife, son's, and bunch of others in the store went off.
Weather there didn't seem so bad, nobody seemed really concerned... but we took it as an opportunity to chill out and have some Frosty's for a bit and wait it out. Daughter was a little freakedo ut when we explained we needed to keep an eye on the windows, and be ready to bolt into the bathrooms... butt he ice cream helped....
Looking back, now I see this was the same general area they were coming through. Freaky.

Yikes! Glad you and your family were safe

Yea, my phone went off yesterday afternoon at work. I pulled up WRAL and they were showing rotation on radar and zoomed in on the neighborhood behind the shop! It was real dark and windy. I could see out the bay doors there was no funnel cloud though. It was gone in minutes and calm, but they showed it zoomed in on my neighborhood a few minutes later and in Lillington ten minutes after that before it weakend. Fortunately it never touched down, we barely have any normal wind debris.

Can't confirm the touchdown, but the generator at Walmart is running & the delivery point load is about half of what it was at 9pm so there is definitely bad weather in the area causing power outages. Generators in Newton were running from just before 4 to ~4:30, with the gen at the Jail running until 5:30.
According to my Sister in that area, there was a F-0 at app. 70mph winds, on the ground or near the ground. A few trees down, power lines downed by trees, couple houses damaged, & a Jeep crushed!

Back