Trail Accident

T4R

Anyone know what happened out there today?

I heard from a friend camping there, that there was a bunch of EMS and Sheriffs deputies at one of the trail heads

Probably some idiot on a four-wheeler with no helmet.

Have not heard anything yet. Never good to hear though.

Last week Ems took a girl off Daniel after her atv landed on her. Rumor was she broke het back and leg.

Probably some idiot on a four-wheeler with no helmet.
As for the idiot you refer to sir, that would be my 55 year old father thats in the STICU at CMC Main in charlotte. He was airlifted out with massive internal bleeding, all of his ribs on his right side are broken and his kidney is severed from his body. I figured I would let yall know so that the people that care could keep him in your prayers. I will not be replying to this unless its an update because im not gonna get in a pissing match over my fathers injury and the way other people see it. Thank you in advance for your prayers. Dustin Chastain

Ill keep him,you and your family in my prayers man sorry to hear.

As for the idiot you refer to sir, that would be my 55 year old father thats in the STICU at CMC Main in charlotte. He was airlifted out with massive internal bleeding, all of his ribs on his right side are broken and his kidney is severed from his body. I figured I would let yall know so that the people that care could keep him in your prayers. I will not be replying to this unless its an update because im not gonna get in a pissing match over my fathers injury and the way other people see it. Thank you in advance for your prayers. Dustin Chastain

Sorry to hear about your father. My comments were in very poor taste, and made out of frustration from those I have seen at URE over the past 20+ years I have been going there who do not wear helmets. I'll stop there. I sincerely hope your father recovers quickly.

Thoughts and prayers to you guys.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Also sending thoughts and prayers. Not defending anyone, but I had the same first thought as drkelly. I have seen so much stupidity and ignorance at URE over the years that it is difficult at times to remember that there are also those who do have good sense and have simply fallen victim to misfortune. Again, wishing your father the very best.

Thank you all for the kind words. They mean alot. My dad is still stable and seems to be doing alright. They will have to go in and surgically remove the kidney once he is off the ventilator. I talked to my uncle who was with him and he said it was bad. I would also like to thank the people that assisted in my dads rescue. My uncle said there was an atv rider and some jeeps that helped alot. Thank you so much whoever you are.

I dont want to say a whole lot about this, but I think it needs to be said. My dad was wearing a helmet and i can say that without it he would not be here. I just left URE from getting his stuff. The helmet is damaged severly, but did its job. What im saying is, WEAR YOUR DAMN HELMETS PEOPLE. Thank you.

Got to agree with alot of the above statements. Been going up here since the late 80's to wheel and have seen alot of stuff over that timeframe.

I both 4x4 and ride my dirtbike up there and you have to where a helmet up there even if not for it being the law, but stuff does happen that you sometimes can not control, leave it at that. If i did not have a full rollcage in my cruiser i might think about one for it on certain trails / sections.

Anyway, please keep us posted as i never like to see anyone hurt up there.

Hate to hear about the injury, it definately happens more than we know about or hear about, when I was up there a woman rolled her 4 wheeler on daniel, had the trail closed about an hour or so, apparently she was up and walking before we left though. I wish your father the best, and a quick recovery. That sounds like an extremely serious injury, and I gotta say Im curious as to what happened for it to be so severe?

Ill agree with Danny and the few others though, when we were up there April 27-29th, some a hole on a 2 stroke 250 come flying up on us, almost hit one of the guys in the back of the pack, and then swerved around me and took it wide around some trees. He proceeded to eat shit, lost control of his bike, bike went about 40 feet on ahead while he slid and bounced along the trail. He got up and walked back to his bike, and Im assuming turned around because he was embarassed by his jackassery.

Gotta say, that made my weekend. Stupid should hurt.

There was a report a Jeep caught fire or was set on fire and left it last night. Fire crews found it but said nobody was there with the vehicle.

I hope your Dad heals up and gets off the vent soon! Will keep him in my prayers.
Once I survived my 45th birthday, I took ATV's and dirt bikes off my list. I figured if I survived this long, I should quit while ahead. if it dont have a roll cage and belts, I aint wheelin it.

Back