TrailerPlus in Linwood?

Chris_Keziah

Joe Dirt @ Rev Limit Fab
I own PJ and everything costs less than PJ. You get what you pay for. Just my $.02

That lowboy deckover looks nice though. Hell for the $1500 hundy difference i could deal with slight deficiencies here and there no more than i would pull it.

For occasional use, a T&W is the ticket. Affordable with decent quality. Just upgrade to decent tires, brakes, and axles, but that is with any trailer.

If you want something to last forever and hold up to hard, commercial use, look at Kaufman, ProLine, P&J, etc.

As for the original question, I don't now anything about them. Go check them out and compare with other quality brands you've seen.

The last few trailers my family has bought was from O Quinn in virgina. They were way cheaper than anything we could find locally, and seem very well made. Maybe worth a quick Google search to see if they offer what you are looking for.......

Somebody just find me a 24' enclosed with bath and can fit a truggy that is 10k or less!

Then I'll sell somebody can buy my T&W for a good deal.

Bad thing about Kaufman is they use Chinese axles. Kraftsman uses Dexter axles, but they don't respond to emails. I was about to buy one until I ran across some larger trailers, of which I quickly bought three haha.

Now I currently have no money for a Kaufman or a kraftsman until one of these sells...

IMG_20171206_205507.jpg

@Noel just bought a new Kaufman locally and was very happy.

For occasional use, a T&W is the ticket. Affordable with decent quality. Just upgrade to decent tires, brakes, and axles, but that is with any trailer.

T&W is shit.

T&W is shit.

I didn't realize you were an owner with bad experiences of a T&W...

I enjoyed mine and it was reasonably made. Other owners on here agree. The only issue I've heard was someone hauling equipment on it daily and even at that was pleased given the price and abuse it's seen.

If you are pulling a skid steer daily and abusing it, it's not the right trailer. But occasional use, like 4-6 trips a year and maybe a few small local trips, it's plenty.

Not every situation requires the Cadillac of a trailer.

This is the situation I'm in/\. I have a 24' enclosed that the buggy fits in but I don't really like the idea of pulling it into some of the parks or to buddies houses for daytrips. I want a decent trailer that I could use local and not have a fortune tied up in. I sold my Kraftsmen car hauler after I bought my enclosed not really considering the daytrip thing. Now that I have sold it I was thinking maybe a full deck would be nice though.

I didn't realize you were an owner with bad experiences of a T&W...

I enjoyed mine and it was reasonably made. Other owners on here agree. The only issue I've heard was someone hauling equipment on it daily and even at that was pleased given the price and abuse it's seen.

If you are pulling a skid steer daily and abusing it, it's not the right trailer. But occasional use, like 4-6 trips a year and maybe a few small local trips, it's plenty.

Not every situation requires the Cadillac of a trailer.

He borrowed mine and now hates them, one of the brakes were sticking a little bit but it made it 5+ hours there and back and nobody died :cool:

He borrowed mine and now hates them, one of the brakes were sticking a little bit but it made it 5+ hours there and back and nobody died :cool:

Also had to rewire the trailer before we left, didn't have half the lights on it that are required by law, the deck boards were only held down with 1 screw at each crossmember, etc.

I was going to buy one from them, but after seeing yours up close, fawk no. There were about $1k worth of reasons why they were cheaper than a Kraftsman, and about $1k worth of reasons why a Kraftsman is cheaper than a PJ.

There were several other people that posted up in a thread on here with complaints about spring hangers pulling off and shit like that, too.

Meh. All wiring on nearly any trailer fawkin sucks no matter the manufacturer.

That's not true. Folks like Kaufman and PJ use a sealed harness.

The only kaufman trailer Ive personally worked on had fawking scotch locks and cheap butt splices for all their wiring connections. The trailer was less than a year old, so while I cant be 100% positive the owner didnt change it to those things, I cant be certain either.

Either way I can wire an entire trailer with best in class material for <$200 and maybe 3 hours tops. I'd still be ok getting shitty wiring and saving $1,500.

BTW a sealed harness is an optional upgrade on Kauffman not standard as stated here: Kaufman Trailer Sealed Wireless Harness Options - Kaufman Trailer Blog

That's not true. Folks like Kaufman and PJ use a sealed harness.

Yea only if you pay extra for it, for the kaufman's at least. I was about to buy a trailer with 8k oil bath axles but have not read good things on the Lippert (chinese) 8k axles so that was enough to steer me away from the Kaufman's. I would rather pay $1k-1500 more and get Dexter axles. Doesn't matter anymore, I might not buy a new trailer at all now.

I have been pleased with my kaufman after 8 years. I have had to replace one deck board and I smashed a light, but all in all I think it was a fair price for the product.

Back