TrailerPlus in Linwood?

Also had to rewire the trailer before we left, didn't have half the lights on it that are required by law, the deck boards were only held down with 1 screw at each crossmember, etc.

I was going to buy one from them, but after seeing yours up close, fawk no. There were about $1k worth of reasons why they were cheaper than a Kraftsman, and about $1k worth of reasons why a Kraftsman is cheaper than a PJ.

There were several other people that posted up in a thread on here with complaints about spring hangers pulling off and shit like that, too.

The lights were probably me and not them. Lets be honest, I hate electrical and at one point had an issue with a bulb and I think I then was messing with the wiring and may have messed it up. Lights are overrated!

Damn Chris...sounds like you'll either be forced to drink even MORE koolaid, or build one yourself

caddytrailer.jpg

Damn Chris...sounds like you'll either be forced to drink even MORE koolaid, or build one yourself

View attachment 259414
I'm gonna go to trailers plus tomorrow to look and see. If I don't like anything I'll take a trip up to proline in VA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

My 2 year old T&W with 5200# axles can be had for a decent deal for somebody on here. Picking up an enclosed tomorrow.

View attachment 259425

I'll vouch for this trailer. Cyd's towed it twice as much as Todd has. It's only a little bit shitty.

So went by Trailers Plus today to look at the drive over fender 18ft trailer. Cliff notes; Carry On is the Manufacture their trailers, Dexter 5200lb brake ez-lube axles, Radial tire upgrade with 5 yr warranty, avg fit and finish, Paint had runs, tire upgrade with spare was 650, wiring was decent with a junction box up front but they still used wire tap on it in some spots. With the tire upgrade and spare your at 3800ish. They do offer free 6/12 month inspection with purchase and the tire warranty is good at any dealer location.

That's what they advertise but it's still cheap junk.

I’ve got a PJ sitting in my yard right now and it’s far superior to Kaufman and far from “cheap junk”. My Dad has a Kaufman sitting next door if you’d like a side by side comparison.

Anybody have an opinion on how Gatormade stacks up against PJ.

Anybody have an opinion on how Gatormade stacks up against PJ.

I had researched Gatorade as well, they powdercoat their trailers and apparently have had issues with it flaking off. They also use Chinese axles.

I would rather have a painted trailer, easier to touch up and make it match.

I had researched Gatorade as well, they powdercoat their trailers and apparently have had issues with it flaking off. They also use Chinese axles.

I would rather have a painted trailer, easier to touch up and make it match.

They use dexter axles (unless the little trailers don't , I'm shopping for tandem dual trailers). I would prefer a painted trailer but several of the "good" ones seem to use powder coating.

They use dexter axles (unless the little trailers don't , I'm shopping for tandem dual trailers). I would prefer a painted trailer but several of the "good" ones seem to use powder coating.

I called and asked, their (8k at least) axles were the Libbert axles.

I’ve got a PJ sitting in my yard right now and it’s far superior to Kaufman and far from “cheap junk”. My Dad has a Kaufman sitting next door if you’d like a side by side comparison.
No need for me to compare I've already worked on both those manufacturers and many other trailers over the years. They are all cheap junk when it comes to wiring. Thanks for the invite to your place though.

328C4A66-AE36-4A17-9955-CE53FBA81B3F.jpeg
703F7C8E-8F3C-4C36-9723-7AE1B21C405F.jpeg
70BCC444-D9D1-473C-98FF-3373CBCC5FF4.jpeg
566E619E-20DB-441F-98CD-E8B04B93E344.jpeg

Current quality. All lights are recessed within, surrounded by rubber grommets. All LED and beyond bright. Nothing hanging off the side or under a piece of angle iron to be knocked off or broken. By the way @Stuntman Autoworks you’re welcome by anytime.

Back