Trampoline rollcage?

Tacoma747

I think I've seen it all now... Found the pic on the 4x4 cross site

a4x4crossracing.com_images_My_Photos_0032.jpg

I thought I`d seen huge pictures before too.
That looks real safe. :rolleyes:
He could almost endo that thing and end back up on his wheels.

It reminds me of Doug Damokus..the Wheelie King. He'd ride wheelies on anything. He had a three wheeler with a similar cage on it. He would do a wheelie,then endo it,roll all the way over then come out of it on a wheelie.

As for the trampoline cage...I bet they give that rig hell in the race.

Roll that thing & you will destroy your radiator.

look at the welds, not like you can't see them. . . that this is scary in all sorts of ways. . .

Ah, a trampoline! OK...
Saw it at the 4x4Cross pre-run, actually dude was running it pretty well. I stared at it for a good 10 min trying to figure out WTF teh hoops were from... how you could possibly bend a tube like that, lol.

I thought it looked like 1/2 of a giant basketball, or an orange

Actually I'm beginning to wonder if I'm going to be the only vehicle that isn't already either beat to hell or just weird in some way

(of course I could be wearing a crazy outfit too http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64523)

I'll be the Co-Pilot in that thing. It does have 5 point harnesses in it, and the 'cage' will hold up well enough to run. The welds will be the only thing that doesn't break on the truck. It was previously rolled 5 times at around 55mph, so there wasn't much that could be done to it. The idea was to keep it together and be as light as possible.

We ran rather well at the pre-race, and you better belive it'll be trashed by the time we cross the finish line.

Thers a pic on the 4x4cross web-site. There is a link posted above...just scroll down to half a page, like it says.

That things prolly safer than my xj with just the roof...idk

that like what .025 wall?

No way i would let that abortion race if I were holding this race. Kinda makes a mockery of the "must have a cage" rule, dontcha think?? That thing is a fucking joke.

In the race, do they specify in the rules No anti-freeze? water only. If that abortion rolls it's gonna spill all over the ground & give the tree huggers ammo for closing future races.

Race is on private land not the Nat. forest.
You guys should take it easy on this thing. The builders are probably good folks and are proud of it. They probably know it would'nt survive a roll down Daniels, but will be ok in the race at URE stables. Last year we had a willys with only one hoop.
It's not like it's someone on craigslist, that we will never meet...it's someone we will meet at the race, and have already met at pre-run.
You dont have to like it,but at least respect the builders. It's there arses, if they roll it and get squashed. Same with all the racers.
Just my opinion...flame on if ya feel the need.:beer:

No way i would let that abortion race if I were holding this race. Kinda makes a mockery of the "must have a cage" rule, dontcha think?? That thing is a fucking joke.

There is no "must have a cage" rule. In fact I'd bet most A-class vehicles don't.
Only rule is that you must have a roof.

Race is on private land not the Nat. forest.
You guys should take it easy on this thing. The builders are probably good folks and are proud of it. They probably know it would'nt survive a roll down Daniels, but will be ok in the race at URE stables. Last year we had a willys with only one hoop.
It's not like it's someone on craigslist, that we will never meet...it's someone we will meet at the race, and have already met at pre-run.
You dont have to like it,but at least respect the builders. It's there arses, if they roll it and get squashed. Same with all the racers.
Just my opinion...flame on if ya feel the need.:beer:

No offense Dylan but if he gets killed its because of lack in judgement about the safety of his cage and ive seen what a head looks like under a 2ton vehicle and I dont really wont to see it again or let my daughter possible witness it either. I cant respect the man if hes dead. I wouldnt let him race just like I wouldnt let somebody else race if they had bad welds or exhaust tubing for a cage. Its not a respect thing its a safety thing. Just my 2 cents.:D

Back