trying out the new sliders

I think you did two things wrong: One, you need to give us the link to your page, not the one to edit your page (we can't do that), and two, webshots sucks at the internet, so just post the link to the picture, don't use IMG tags.

ok so i think that did it

actually you didnt know it was the easy side of kodiak so its not your fault, you thought it was the big part so we can just pretent it was. yeah I know its hard to see some of those pics maybe i should brighten up alittle

01blktaco said:
actually you didnt know it was the easy side of kodiak so its not your fault, you thought it was the big part so we can just pretent it was.

:lol:
cool pictures

They were coming back from URE one night, a cop did a 180 in the road to pull the lead guy over for speeding, but when he whipped it around, Tommy (guy in the purple chevy) had to slam on brakes, and the white, 2 week old Rubicon (austin), rearended him.

This was all at about 2AM, the lead guy got a ticket for 78 in a 55, and the T-ville PD gets to pay for a new Rubicon and to fix Tommy's truck.

damn that sucks.. The Rubi musta been VERY close behind that Chevy to not be able to out-brake him...

What also sucks is that the PD is gonna have foot the bill for the Rubi, when if it was any other car, the guy doing the u-turn (or, let's say pulling out from a side road) would more than likey be found as a contributing, and thereby not have to pay for everything. Sucks to be the guy with the target on the door.

Rich said:
damn that sucks.. The Rubi musta been VERY close behind that Chevy to not be able to out-brake him...

He was probibly looking in the mirror at the time

That DOES suck

I was behind the rubicon in the same group it was my brothers chevy that was rearended. And NO the rubicon was not that close about 5 and a half car lengths back, which he was told by the responding officers was fine. The skid marks from the officer that did the 180 went from the south bound lane (opposite direction as our group was traveling) into the north bound lane and then off into the grass. The skid marks from the chevy and the rubicon exceeded 150 feet, individually. Autsin's reason for simply not veering into the other lane to avoid tom's chevy was the passing TJ that happened to witness the accident, oh and he was an off-duty Thomasville Police Officier. -steve

you sure the PD is going to cover damages? My understanding of civil duty is that the officer is not held responsible for any auto damages that may incur in the line of duty.

Yes, There have been many phone calls made, between my father (since my brother's truck is insured under his name, and tom's only 17) and austin's mother ( since austin too is underage), the insurance companies and the city of thomasville. End result Nationwide, which is austin's insurance, is paying for the immidiate repairs, but they confirmed that the city of thomasville is repaying the insurance company (nationwide). Sad thing is Austin's rubicon had only 988 miles on it, and the hit was hard enough to bend the front axle housing, yet only minor damage to the frame. -steve

PS. The officier was a rookie, and we were never told if it made any bearing on the incident but he didn't have any light's or serins on at the time he made the U-turn.

good call steve, yeah I was in the Rubicon and there really was nothing we could have done, he did the best thing by rearending Tommy, probably saved the guy in the other lane, an off-duty officer,'s life. Overall not a good night.

Back