U Joint Offroad 4x4 van conversion build

Jody Treadway

Croc wearing fool
Long story short. My old middle and high school buddy Chris moved back home and was looking for some help getting his 4x4 van business going. He was quite successful in California before moving back to NC. So, we got together and started doing some conversions. Here's a few pics from the last build. Dude drove down from Wisconsin and watched and waited while we built it.

It went from bone stock 07 E350 to the finished product in the pics. Regeared to 4.10, brand new 60 front swapped in, UJOR 4" lift, 5100's, converted tranny (5R110) to 4x4 and added a NV271. Finished it up with 285 KM2's on rockcrawlers.
ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y150_yjdaddy87_100_45771.jpg

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y150_yjdaddy87_100_45851.jpg

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y150_yjdaddy87_100_46091.jpg

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y150_yjdaddy87_100_46391.jpg

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y150_yjdaddy87_100_46611.jpg

This one is fairly mild compared to some other UJOR conversions, but it fit the customer's needs perfectly. He then hopped in, pointed north and drove home to Wisconsin.

Check out the website www.ujointoffroad.com, some great build pics on there. He has some sweet clothing he's selling too.

Look for the signature UJOR van at the next ECORS race on June 19.

Come out to the ECORS race next weekend and see this one up close.
ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y150_yjdaddy87_600_van_obx.jpg

Next one is planned and most parts accumulated. Gonna be a 12 valve, boatsides, linked,tubbed, on 4D's. We'll have a great build thread on that one.

This is great. My wife's uncle has a daughter who is quadriplegic. They have a handicap accessible van. They make our yearly trek with us to the OBX. When we head up north to Corolla to the 4x4 beaches we have to load her and her wheelchair into the back of one of the trucks. Not very comfortable for her or us. He has looked into a Quigley4x4 but they are very pricey and he was told the wait time was extensive. You guys are not too far away in NC. I will refer him to the website. Hopefully you guys can help them out.

Hot damn thats awesome

well I may need to keep my eyes open for a sweet Class C, then drop a cummins in it and have you guys make it a 4x4..

Back