UNF May 6,7,8

Metto

we will be in uwharrie the first weekend of may. leaving raleigh around 3 or 4 on friday. planning to wheel saturday and come back sunday. right now its my truck, a '95 f-150 on 35's, and a '76 f-100 on 36 hawgs. hope i can meet some of you there.
later
metty

Have you been to Uwharrie before? Not ripping you, I've just never seen full size trucks on the trails there. You may be in for some body damage.

Stewart

stewartgivens said:
Have you been to Uwharrie before? Not ripping you, I've just never seen full size trucks on the trails there. You may be in for some body damage.

Stewart

are you serious? :confused:

stewartgivens said:

Stewart

I talked to a guy last night that went through UNF in an old Suburban... Come awwn... Uwharrie trails are HUGE!

thezentree did rml and a bunch of other stuff in a 99.5% stock open geared Yukon (Tahoe).

Hell, that Dodge W20 running Rockwells fits fine too.

That said, both raise a few eyebrows on the trail (for very different reasons).

J

This guy seemed to be having a pretty good time on Saturday with little trouble other than his buddy's overheated full size Bronco. :D I like seeing the mix of vehicles out at Uwharrie.

100_0370.sized.jpg

You gotta admit, some of those trails are REALLY tight for full sizers. But they make em fit. Check out the body damage.

We saw probably 50 or better full sized broncos, blazers, trucks, etc. up there over the weekend.

Joel - I think that's the guy I talked to.. he said a 'burb on 39.5" Boggers - goes by "Slick" - from that shop in Sanford.

Aggressive1 said:
You gotta admit, some of those trails are REALLY tight for full sizers.

Umm........

No. :lol:

Rich said:
Joel - I think that's the guy I talked to.. he said a 'burb on 39.5" boggers - goes by "Slick" - from that shop in Sanford.

Heh, he looked like a guy who would go by "Slick" Rich. He was pretty nice too although he didn't say a whole lot. We ended up passing him and the overheating Bronco on Dutch John. I was kinda disappointed as I wanted to see how tight a fit that Suburban would be in the luge chute on that hill climb.

Sorry for taking this so far off-topic.

I'm thinking of the the hard way over Daniel and Kodiak - not the bypasses. I've seen hybrids with a truck body do those - but never seen a full size truck do them. Normally departure angles of pickup trucks are not very good.

Stewart

i laugh at this thread. that said, if you want to be technical/serious about it uwharrie is of more concern to ground clearance challenged vehicles than size. the most trouble i've ever had there was with my gf's durango. it's got 31's, but sits about as low as a car. i could pilot my stock ram through with 225/75 tires and not catch a single scratch (i was a freak about the body then, it was BRAND new and i was making payments). granted that was back in late 98 when the trails were much easier, but still.

aww cummon. if it dont fit, let the trees resize it! my doors will be off anyway, so i dont really care to much about the body as long as the doors and top still go on

Blacktoy said:
Last year I wheeled there with a H1 wagon in our group. We did Dutch John and Kodak with no problems.

The "Kodak rock area" that you did on RML has changed dramatically from last year, I'm actually impressed with that little stretch of trail now.

Metto said:
aww cummon. if it dont fit, let the trees resize it! my doors will be off anyway, so i dont really care to much about the body as long as the doors and top still go on

Metto, dont sweat it, I have been wheelin only fullsizes up there for years and you should be just fine. Of course that depends on your driving style too. Mine has been everywhere up there and has a couple spots of trail rash but it was my own fault and could have been avoided.

I will be there fri nite and sat day, dont know where we will be camping. We are in a tan 81 toyota

CNC-4x4 wil be there doing a Trail Clean up on there adopted Trail 'SLab Pile' then they will be wheeling... so yes some of us will be there..

so if yall are cleaning up, does that mean that part of the trail system is closed for the day?

The trails wont close for them cleaning up. You will just have to squeeze by them on the trail or follow behind them. Trash detail usually does not cause a traffic jam unless there are a lot of rigs involved and its a crowded weekend.

well not going to camp fri. nite, but going to be there sat. day about 12 or 1 hope to see some of you there!!!!!!

i will be there, look for all the ghey mud trucks and my orange K-5

Back