UTVs/FUVs?

So as a semi related follow up, I bought a Polaris Ranger EV back in April of this year. I've put about 40-50hrs on it doing miscellaneous mailbox checking, neighbor visiting, rockcrawling, and brick/dirt/trash hauling. It has been great. I have 2 complaints:
1. It is a little too squeaky ( this is probably true of any used SXS, And is compoundes by the fact it is electric so there is no motor noise other than a slight whine)
2. It is not fast enough. Top speed is 27mph. But it takes a while to get from 20-27.

Once you get the hang of it, it will go just about anywhere a gas SXS will. The power delivery is weird and neutered sometimes, so that's what you have to learn to work around. For daily utility tasks, it is unbeatable. Hop in, turn the key, put in in Forward, push the gas. With the bench seat you can hop in and out from either side. Going to get the mail and ride the side by side down to the "cweek" is generally the highlight of my kid's day.

IMG_20190427_184005.jpg
IMG_20190429_183528.jpg

Well, unless they fall asleep, haha
IMG_20190911_183735.jpg

Does your right foot reach the "gas" pedal? Or did you strap a block of wood to it? :D

:huggy:

Lol you say that half joking. We worked out on a guys farm in Missouri. His three grandsons all had razrs the youngest had a 4x6 bolted to the brake and gas so he could drive a full size one like his brothers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it took almost 2 years, but we finally found a winner. :D

We were at Kairos a few weekends ago and was able to sit & ride in numerous SxS's.
Didn't like the Ranger's "church pew" like seating & 9" ground clearance. Liked the Razr's, but wanted more upright seating & bed.
Mike (manager) said they had ditched their Polaris rental fleet ("stayed broke all the time" & crappy lease scenario) for purchased Yamaha Wolverines... he said aside from stoopid human tricks (bumper/plastic mangling) and some radiator clogging, they've had no real issues

After several more weeks of looking, found a 2016 Yamaha Viking down near Fayette'Nam... aside from being dusty, being green (meh) and some grass in the pans, it's near showroom condition w/ 74 hours/550 miles.
We liked the additional width (can seat 3 across)/stability, "standard" EPS, and being a 2016 got an additional engine vibration strut (frame to head), more sound dampening, and bed mat...

Will be adding lights (reverse, dome/bed, & light bar), winch & winch/plow mount (looking for recommendations), and some long tool/long gun mounts.

Attachments

• 20200713_185837.jpg
    20200713_185837.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 386
  • 20200713_185848.jpg
    20200713_185848.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 375
Well, it took almost 2 years, but we finally found a winner. :D

We were at Kairos a few weekends ago and was able to sit & ride in numerous SxS's.
Didn't like the Ranger's "church pew" like seating & 9" ground clearance. Liked the Razr's, but wanted more upright seating & bed.
Mike (manager) said they had ditched their Polaris rental fleet ("stayed broke all the time" & crappy lease scenario) for purchased Yamaha Wolverines... he said aside from stoopid human tricks (bumper/plastic mangling) and some radiator clogging, they've had no real issues

After several more weeks of looking, found a 2016 Yamaha Viking down near Fayette'Nam... aside from being dusty, being green (meh) and some grass in the pans, it's near showroom condition w/ 74 hours/550 miles.
We liked the additional width (can seat 3 across)/stability, "standard" EPS, and being a 2016 got an additional engine vibration strut (frame to head), more sound dampening, and bed mat...

Will be adding lights (reverse, dome/bed, & light bar), winch & winch/plow mount (looking for recommendations), and some long tool/long gun mounts.

Good choice going with the Yamaha. We love our Wolverine X2 RSpec and were dead set on a Viking for a while. Just ended up choosing the wolverine for more power and better suspension for the trail riding, but the Viking is a dead nuts reliable working machine.

0501211732a_HDR.jpg

Meet "Babe". Checks all the boxes from the very first post. Wife really wanted her yard cart. Stimulous money save from the very first to the last put a huge dent in the cost. Kawasaki has a pretty robust warranty out the gate. Smallest version they build with the largest tire package. EFI, 2wd-4wd, rear locker, auto. Was on the list before I could spend more on my projects......which she says while shopping: "why don't you sell all that Jeep stuff and buy one of those"
Screenshot_2021-05-04-09-22-11.png

That cut deep, I was crying inside. Tears of joy or sadness? That's another convo about my drawn out Jeep project.

Anyways she is outfitted and ready for her to play..
0501211732_HDR.jpg

View attachment 345487
Meet "Babe". Checks all the boxes from the very first post. Wife really wanted her yard cart. Stimulous money save from the very first to the last put a huge dent in the cost. Kawasaki has a pretty robust warranty out the gate. Smallest version they build with the largest tire package. EFI, 2wd-4wd, rear locker, auto. Was on the list before I could spend more on my projects......which she says while shopping: "why don't you sell all that Jeep stuff and buy one of those"
View attachment 345488
That cut deep, I was crying inside. Tears of joy or sadness? That's another convo about my drawn out Jeep project.

Anyways she is outfitted and ready for her to play..View attachment 345491

You'll like that thing. Its a great little work horse.

As for the KRX 1000, a former member here is doing adjustable clutch weights for them and they are one hell of a solid offroad rig. Pretty wild how capable they are with a set of 35" Stickies.

You'll like that thing. Its a great little work horse.

As for the KRX 1000, a former member here is doing adjustable clutch weights for them and they are one hell of a solid offroad rig. Pretty wild how capable they are with a set of 35" Stickies.
Who is that?

Alex?

Back