Uwharrie 4x4Cross Questions & Answers - Old Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
man I was on the money with the pandora's box prediction,

I don't really see a problem, rear lockers and whatnot are allowed in A class, front ones aren't, simple enough. It's not up for debate, thats what Sean's saying the rules are, and he's the man in charge so end o' story. Sorry to sound a little assholeish but he makes the rules, and he's clarified it for us above, so thats how its gonna go.

On a more positive note I got the Z71 Jeep running yesterday in all her new more performance oriented engine glory, 13:1 compression on 100 octane race fuel, edlebrock intake and shorties, the 500 is looooud, it's just begging to be let loose in the mud pond :driver::burnout::Rockon:

Ok so I am going to get a Sherman tank, and race that in the A class. It dosn't have any single tires over 33".

(for the record, I am indeed aware that this would actually not work so well, lol)

Oh I need to clear up what I said above.
I am NOT BAILING on competing, I'm simply withdrawing the entry I made with my 4Runner, b/c I will now instead be sriving the $30 XJ in the A-class. I simply can't justify driving 2 different vehicles.
I'm all for this, and fully support it. just a little dissapointed on the lack of clarity on these things. Oh well.
Originally (many pages ago) there was mention of a "tech czar", whose job would be to answer all of these "does thsi qualify, is this OK" kinds of questions. Was such a person ever appointed?
:bounce:Aw come on...you can race twice. Twice the fun, twice the experience. Think of it(30xj free entry) as a free pre-run for the yota's run for glory! Learn from the first race, to better the second race.
I think the ''sherman'' designation was actually just a trim package offered in that year tank....you know upgrades such as sealed muffler bearings,fully synthetic blinker fluid, and cup holders. I dont think it was a base model package...:flipoff2:
Just kidding with ya!

Glad all the bitch'n is done atleast for awhile.
My only concern,well it's not too much of a concern since that's what throttle and skid plates are for:driver:
but the line on kodak for the B class,is it going to go up the middle rock in front of kodak and then turn to the left to miss kodak?
If so I'm way to small to get up onto said rock,but don't wanna really run the stock class.
How wide will the line be?
I know this may sound like a whinning but it's a question still.

If your looking at Kodak area including the rocky out crop right before the actual kodak rock itself, A class will completely bypass it all by going wide right throu dirt, B class will take the far left bypass that has a few small rock strewn about, and C and D class will take the "middle" line that is not quite as hard as goin directly over the outcropping below Kodak that kinda puts you in between said outcropping of rocks and that dirt mound thing that used to have a tree there (not sure if it still does haven't been up there recently)

Ricky's right.
The stock class will go to the RIGHT of the guard rail.
The ''B'' class will take the Easiest line to the far ''LEFT''
BOTH ''C & D'' classes will go up the middle or what I call the ''shoot'' or ''up the gut.''

The largest rocks and the hardest lines at Kodak will not be used for the race.
The goal is to NOT get anybody stuck. The whole idea is to have everyone make the Entire course without stopping. Therefore we have chosen the Easiest way possible through there. The thrill is not ''if I can make it'' instead , it's ''how fast can I make it?''

Folks will get a chance to show there crawling skills at the rock garden, not the race course.

Cool thanks guys,

I Reckon it'll take several bars of sexwax on the skidplate,that way I just need momentum,my Spotter now has a new job:flipoff2:

He'll be the Official Sexwax Applicator:lol:

This will be a fun weekend,will there be a place to wash the mud off our rigs after we.........ugh....I bury mine in it?

Krawling is gay anyway, I'm not saying just floor it into rocks and see what happens, pick a line first, then floor it, krawling is for pansy's who can't get it up the rocks like real men do :flipoff2:

I bet you didn't think you could fit you entire foot in your mouth in one easy manuever.

have you guys ever heard of Stock car Racing. Last time I checked they were not too recognizable as "stock" vehicles.

Let them hammer out the details and be patient, the first event is always gonna be a little difficult. As for me, I am welding my diff today.

have a :beer: and remove all the tampons.

Any word yet on the official schedule for racer's, I checked on the website for american wheeler under event schedule and nothing is posted yet, I've taken Friday off work, so I just want to make sure I am down there in time for registration and stuff.:beer:

I haven't registered yet, but plan to this week. I have an event I must attend on Sat afternoon during this event. Can my codriver/spotter take my place driving and use someone else to spot while I'm not there?

Yes, no?

It dosn't seem real clear to me what you're asking.
Your only involvement/time you have to be there is for the 5-10 min you're doing the race. Are you concerned that your slot might happen to be during te htime you have to be away? I'm sure the order can be worked out.

Looks like I'll be running stock class in the XJ. I'm pulling the front locker for the race. Greg, your competition has arrived!!!
ai237.photobucket.com_albums_ff7_marvilusone1970_Uwharrie_204408_100_0390.jpg

its awnnnn!!!!

ill be out doing some test n tune again Sunday, hope i see you out there. Our crap may not last until the race!

...my Spotter now has a new job:flipoff2:
He'll be the Official Sexwax Applicator:lol:
:poop: on that! – Trust me; we will get much better rock-departure with liberal applications of PAM Cooking Spray :fuck-you::lol:

Cheers!
Smiley

Have you guys ever heard of Stock car Racing. Last time I checked they were not too recognizable as "stock" vehicles.

There is nothing stock about a stock car. Robert Duvall in Days of Thunder, 1990 (Dang it has been 18 yrs!)

Looks like I'll be running stock class in the XJ. I'm pulling the front locker for the race. Greg, your competition has arrived!!!
ai237.photobucket.com_albums_ff7_marvilusone1970_Uwharrie_204408_100_0390.jpg

so much for the "stock class"
I guess the situation will have to be cured by a healthy dose of the skinny pedal and some red neck jumpin. bo and luke duke style bitches

:shaking:
Everyone can race in whatever class that they feel they can compete in,if folks are so worried about "stacking the deck" that they enter the stock class with something that isn't "stock"...........
so be it......
The winner of the stock class will still end up being the fastest and baddest "stock" vehicle.
Atleast on the internet and in person,it won't matter if 5 other "nonstock" vehicles beat that"stock" vehicle
among their peers,they will always have the saying
"it took a locked up ------ thing to beat me in the stock class"
and I'm sure there will be ribbing after the event........friendly of course
three more weeks
Has Sean sent out the packets yet???

No worries...
The LowRider is equipped with an Easy Button! :flipoff2:

:lol::lol::lol:

Cheers!
Smiley

Status
Not open for further replies.