Uwharrie fatality?

I’ve heard the same, but haven’t seen any news about it. Feel terrible for those involved. Was just there Saturday in the full size for one last 2017 trip. Weather was perfect and everyone seemed to be having a good time. Was busy for sure.

Don’t take my word for it, but I was told it was a member of Jeepers United.

Are we talking fatality due to vehicular rollover, beer bottle fight in the parking lot, attacked by deer? Clearly there's enough rumor going around to at least have a loose idea of what happened.

Seems there’s been more rollovers this years than in a while. That it’s just Uwharrie mentality will bite you on the ass.

Wow hate to hear this. What trail? Or was it off the trail down the mountain?

Ill tell you this year for the first time I have really been trying to take URE more serious. Just too much bad happening and too much damage to my rig in the past lol. I'm so sorry to hear about this fatality though. That is horrible.

Sad for all the off road community.

I’m not one for spreading rumors but, I’ve seen a few clubs post it was an accident on the road not the trail and the driver was ejected from the vehicle

9343A4C9-DB20-428F-AAA8-79FB663748BB.jpeg
Very sad. A friend that heard about it sent me this screen shot.

Was told on the dirt road roll over and alcohol was involved

That is about all I have heard about it. For some reason everyone has been hush hush about it all claiming its out of respect to the family. I think you can still share the facts without disrespecting the family. The dangers of drinking and driving should be shared so that this person's death at least can serve as an example to maybe deter others from doing the same thing. I have noticed that many people seem to not realize that drinking and driving off road is just as dangerous as drinking and driving on the highway.

I have noticed that many people seem to not realize that drinking and driving off road is just as dangerous as drinking and driving on the highway.

The accident was on the road, from what I heard.

That is about all I have heard about it. For some reason everyone has been hush hush about it all claiming its out of respect to the family. I think you can still share the facts without disrespecting the family. The dangers of drinking and driving should be shared so that this person's death at least can serve as an example to maybe deter others from doing the same thing. I have noticed that many people seem to not realize that drinking and driving off road is just as dangerous as drinking and driving on the highway.

It's more so since you don't have a paved road.

The accident was on the road, from what I heard.

Dirt road leading to Double Parking Lot is one of the versions I have heard, but I point out the drinking and driving off road part because of the drinking I have seen on the trails and on the service roads out there. The evidence is not just in the behaviors but the seemingly endless supply of beer cans found on the trails.

Duder's dead because he wasn't wearing a seatbelt.

Back